Fortify

"
LStanley1982 wrote:
Fortify by GGG written support gem description works with ALL melee attacks.

"Grants fortify on melee hit"

Vengance/Recokning/Reposte are all MELEE hits.

By the history of GGG, they FOLLOW WRITTEN DESCRIPTIONS to the 'T' on what links with what.

Fix the description, or fix the linking.

B R O K E N.

Bit of a necro but folks may find this post while searching for answer.

The fortify skill gem only works on active melee skills, Vengeance/Reckoning/riposte are triggered skills, that’s why it wont proc with them.
Regards Hexcaliber
Increase the effect this gem is pretty useless since the release
Ginbuza Zinvurilian
Just an idea for the fortify gem, why not add an implicit where it says something along the lines of " duration of fortify increases by .2 secs for each melee hit taken" ? that will fit in with the melee builds and not the ranged/magic builds where they dont get hit as much.
Lvl 57 Juggernaut - trying out a Sunder 'bleed' build - using Resolute Technique. I got a 5-link armor and added Fortify Support to my Sunder attacks. I was using FS with Shield Charge, but figured the 35% increased melee phys dmg addition from the FS buff might help compensate for losing a pure damage support like Ruthless, while saving me from having to stop attacks to use SC to reapply the Fortify buff. (In some boss fights you lose the tactical advantage of Sunder if have to use SC to close on your target to reapply Fortify)

However, I show NO increase in dps in the Sunder tooltip when the Fortify buff is active. I've figured out how to compute the dps gain from Ruthless Support (which also doesn't show in the tooltip), but I can't figure out how to compute the dps difference from using FS instead of RS in my 5-link. Having Fortify active from the attack skill makes game-play much simpler than reapplying the buff with SC every few seconds (less hazardous too). But I would like to know exactly how much dps loss I will get from using the gem slot for FS before committing to it.
The Support's damage bonus doesn't rely on the Fort Buff - it's always active (nowhere does it claim to be conditional either).

Fort Support grants Increased Damage, which is additive with all your other Increased/Reduced Damage modifiers.
Ruthless grants More Damage; More and Less are multiplicative, and thus far stronger as positive multipliers go.

Ruthless grants 110% More Damage every third hit, or 36.6% More Damage on average. Multiply your tooltip DPS sans Fort by x1.366, and compare that to tooltip DPS with Fort Support.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 13, 2017, 11:50:18 AM
Just wanted to remind you that there are melee weapons that deal base elemental damage and not everything is a conversion from physical, I hope you're not going to go screw those again by making the bonus only apply to "melee physical damage".
Last edited by VeryMelon on Jun 2, 2019, 7:48:55 AM
"
VeryMelon wrote:
Just wanted to remind you that there are melee weapons that deal base elemental damage and not everything is a conversion from physical, I hope you're not going to go screw those again by making the bonus only apply to "melee physical damage".

Lol, you mean like:

Fidelitas' Spike
Jagged FoilOne Handed Sword
Quality: +20%
Elemental Damage: 1–(40-50)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.50%
Attacks per Second: (2.00-2.08)
Weapon Range: 12Requires Level 22, 77 Dex+25% to Global Critical Strike MultiplierNo Physical Damage
Adds 1 to (40-50) Lightning Damage
(25-30)% increased Attack Speed
+2 Life gained for each Enemy hit by Attacks
(15-20)% chance to Shock
Herald of Thunder has 50% increased Buff Effect

I know it's low lvl, but when I was using 2 of these I screwed up majorly thinking Fortify would work. The buff did trigger from the hits, but the increase in damage did not.

I ended up shelving the Fortify Support because I had a better dps using the red slot with other gems that made the dmg red. buff negligible.
I was very much looking forward being able to use Fortify on my Chains of Command summoning build for some much needed minion survivability and damage. Unfortunately Chains of Command summons counts as triggered and are therefore incompatible with the Fortify gem.

In the current state of the game, where Fortify is pretty easily obtained for most melee builds, I don't see how enabling the Fortify gem for triggered skills could be considered OP.

But maybe I'm wrong and you can do some crazy stuff with Fortify linked to Vengeance?
normally I ask for changes for skills but this Gem is pretty perfect.
Thankyou. :)
A
Hi, is there a way to remove the star image when under the fortify effect? It ruins my sexy occultist's savant's robe. XD

Peace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info