Fortify

Does the quality on Anomalous Fortify Support do anything at all? I ask because it has always been the case that PoE rounds everything down. A 20% quality Anomalous Forty Support gets 20 * .2% = 4% increased Fortify effectiveness. Which makes the Fortify buff cause you to take floor(20.8%) = 20% less damage taken. ie, it does nothing. Even a corrupted 23% quality Anomalous Fortify only grants floor(20.92%) = 20% less damage taken. Still no benefit from quality.

Is the rounding occurring somewhere else (maybe only on the final damage value?), or is this gem a complete scam?
Last edited by adinsx3 on Mar 7, 2021, 6:20:18 AM
I've requested what I'm about to say for years, and even sent emails to you GGG... Please allow us to hide the star effect on fortify if we own an invisible buff effect mtx. This single support gem (which is necessary for the majority of my builds) has been an absolute eyesore and clashes with all of my various outfits and mtx effects. In a game where your revenue is solely derived from cosmetics and stash tabs, it's time to resolve this matter once and for all.
Last edited by TheIronBankofBraavos on Aug 4, 2021, 1:23:02 AM
is fortify going to get any changes or passive support to mitigate the impact 3.16's nerf to it will have on melee builds, or is this just going to be another case where melee can't have nice things because other builds are able to overperform with it?

right now it feels like we're in a situation where melee has to work twice as hard to get similar or worse results, eating another nerf to fortify when it's already underperforming is a pretty bitter pill to swallow
HOA CYCLONE JUGG cant generate any stacks, at melee range 24/7 fellas, why are champs running around with 20 stacks all day on bow characters?

got over 40% of characters on HC trade and HCSSF playing champ, was this the intention? Did you forget that champs can use ranged weapons?

You nerfed my terrible damage in 3.15 because some builds zoom too much for you, I don't zoom at all, even a little. My damage sucks. Why did you nerf it? Now you are taking away fortify from me?

Why in the world did you not put a min 1 stack per melee attack on fortify? WHY?

My build was never....ever, diminishing your content, ever, on any league. Never one shotted shaper, never bypassed phases or mechanics, took it all on as intended. So why do you nerf my build every league?

I played SC for 2 leagues on console then got a new PC and played it for 2 more. I can't play SC anymore there is nothing for me there, so I play HC. Love my HOA JUGG, loved your game. Now it feels like crap, damage is a joke and now my survivability is much less than it was.

I look into other builds and just find videos of melee characters not being able to stack fortify. gg...GGG
Melee character that deals 91-202 thousands avg. damage per hit vs Sirus using Fortify Support as main link UNABLE TO GET 20 stacks of Fortification while attacking a recently spawned pack of Harvest monsters, high delirium map / simulacrum monsters, some of Heist rares, most of dominated by Sirus influenced rare monsters.

The new fortification mechanics works pretty damn bad vs a "non-boss but supposed to be tanky" monsters. A fast hitting skill with relatively high avg. damage in some bugged cases simply doesn't work as a source of Fortification.

The damage reduction (or whatever effective HP bonus) on a non-boss monsters should to be looked at. Currently there is something definitely wrong with it.

It would be nice if marauder and duelist tree areas got more sources of Fortification on hit other than one damn mastery. The support gem itself would be better to offer maximum number of fortification stacks, currently the gem is just a mediocre damage bonus support that has no use if you got other source of fortification.
Last edited by ThisIsAJoke on Oct 25, 2021, 3:26:17 AM
"
ThisIsAJoke wrote:
Melee character that deals 91-202 thousands avg. damage per hit vs Sirus using Fortify Support as main link UNABLE TO GET 20 stacks of Fortification while attacking a recently spawned pack of Harvest monsters, high delirium map / simulacrum monsters, some of Heist rares, most of dominated by Sirus influenced rare monsters.

The new fortification mechanics works pretty damn bad vs a "non-boss but supposed to be tanky" monsters. A fast hitting skill with relatively high avg. damage in some bugged cases simply doesn't work as a source of Fortification.

The damage reduction (or whatever effective HP bonus) on a non-boss monsters should to be looked at. Currently there is something definitely wrong with it.

It would be nice if marauder and duelist tree areas got more sources of Fortification on hit other than one damn mastery. The support gem itself would be better to offer maximum number of fortification stacks, currently the gem is just a mediocre damage bonus support that has no use if you got other source of fortification.

Half of melee builds cant stack on any mobs on any map.
Was testing fortify with a cyclone 4 link, and on certain rare mobs i could get 20 stacks very quickly, but then on most other stuff i couldn't get above 4/5. It seems very inconsistent.
Tripple X G to the third, can you please throw melee poisoners a bone? For example, take into account the poison or bleed damage at, say, 50% effectiveness for fortification calculations? Or is fortify only for big melee hitters?
Fortify doesn't get 20 stacks on bosses, especially in Gauntlet. Also, poison/bleed melee builds can't get fortify making them not viable.

The fortify amount being based on hit damage doesn't make sense

(yes, casters can't use fortify, but also everyone else who isn't champion)
Please consider giving fortify a minimum of 1 fortify per hit at close range with strike skills. There is a reason few people use strike skills, but some of us would like them to be a bit more viable.

Thanks for reading and considering.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info