Fortify

Yes, please make the bonus melee and the fortify nodes too! Lava Lash is so close to the Fortify-wheel, why? :(
Perception is reality.
Andddddd still nothing.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
I'd want to ask to consider changing Fortiy's bonus from "Increased Physical Damage" to "Increased Melee Damage". Reasoning:

- You changed all the attack skills to scale with % Base damage, to (I assume) allow Elemental Damage scale with all skills, but;
- For some reason Fortify has only Physical Increase, meaning that Melee Elemental Damage is AGAIN not an (optimal) option for Fortify. I can't quite see why. Dealing MELEE elemental damage doesn't need to use Fortify? Or does it needs to only use Vigilant Strike (because Vigilant Strike DOES scale with Base Damage = Elemental Damage too) to get Fortify?

I tried using Hyaon's Fury with Lightning Damage scaling and some other stuff like Tempest Shield. Fortify is not an option is such setup, because I have to get rid of one of my damaging gems (and I need to use many of those) to use Fortify.
Now when I have Fortify, my damage is terrible, but I can stay alive. Without it, I'm doing "some" damage, but now I'm really squishy. On the other hand Vigilant strike doesn't do as much damage, and is only used as a "time waster" in DPS, meaning I need to stay longer taking damage, which in turns means I'll simply take more damage... :V Counter productive.

And while we're at the "way of getting fortify", I can't quite understand why it is ok to give us support gem that gives good amounts of (physical) damage, effectively replacing some other gem, with comparable amount of damage, AND granting the Fortify bonus, while it is not ok to be getting Fortify by using it in Counter Attack Skills (like, say, Riposte). By the same way it makes the Fortify more of a "passive" gain, but Counter Attack Gems somehow are the "easy ones", thus disabled. What is reasoning behind this?

Also, I'd say that Fortify is Multistrike 2.0 - additional obligatory gem, that you ALWAYS want to get. : /

I came here to post pretty much exactly this; so I'd like to second it.

Additionally, I have a suggestion for the next skill balance patch:
Fortify should being a stacking buff, so that attaching it to your main skill would be more beneficial. This would also lower its benefit for casters. eg. 15% base + 5% twice for 25% total. The base duration could also be lowered, with additional duration being added per stack (as well as original duration being refreshed), thus benefiting those who link Fortify with their main attack.
FYI : Fortify is missing from the support gems page.
Hey Viper does the rampage passive add 10% to the fortify buff i.e 20% DR + 10% effect making 30% DR or is it 10% of 20% making 22% DR.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Hey Maxor :P
'Increased' always implies it's a multiplier, so 22%.
(there's another 5% Increased Effect before that too, so actually 23%)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 1, 2016, 12:32:16 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Hey Maxor :P
'Increased' always implies it's a multiplier, so 22%.
(there's another 5% Increased Effect before that too, so actually 23%)

Nice one cheers mate
"Blue warrior shot the food"
It is dumb when a support gem says something ("Grants Fortify on Melee hit") and then has invisible restrictions to it (not working with Trigger gems).

Players should not have to read the wiki to find out why GGG has broken a very clear mechanical statement in order to understand why their build isn't working.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
I second the "not enough information on gem"
There is nothing on Reckoning OR Fortify which tells you they do not work together.
Fortify is still only for Melee Physical. Melee Elemental is not a thing.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info