Abyssal Cry

Level 74 Champion, utilizing Viper Strike and Abyssal Cry.

Mapping gets a slow down because of the long cooldown of the skill. It is pretty often that I run to the next pack, take a swing, and still wait for the cooldown to expire before I can use Abyssal Cry to fully clear the pack, which leaves me in the middle of it - where I am the most vulnerable.

In my opinion, there should be a way to bypass the cooldown. Either put it on the gem itself, as in a small % CD reduction per enemy exploded, or make it so it consumes some charges.
"
ata wrote:
Level 74 Champion, utilizing Viper Strike and Abyssal Cry.

Mapping gets a slow down because of the long cooldown of the skill. It is pretty often that I run to the next pack, take a swing, and still wait for the cooldown to expire before I can use Abyssal Cry to fully clear the pack, which leaves me in the middle of it - where I am the most vulnerable.

In my opinion, there should be a way to bypass the cooldown. Either put it on the gem itself, as in a small % CD reduction per enemy exploded, or make it so it consumes some charges.
You say you're a champion. The only viable way to use Abyssal Cry as a main skill is Berzerker imo. 2 second CD is okay for abyssal cry, you can use it constantly. 4 seconds is too long, which is why you're not enjoying it as much.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
I am a lvl 93 Champion Ess Drain/Contagion Tank.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1766555

I propose a 2 second global cooldown reduction on Abyssal Cry. You might need to tweek the Berserker Warcry Ascendancy as a result, since it would impact that Ascendancy, and make it potentially op.

I̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶A̶b̶y̶s̶s̶a̶l̶ ̶C̶r̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶r̶o̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶.̶
•̶ ̶A̶b̶y̶s̶s̶a̶l̶ ̶C̶r̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶i̶l̶d̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶S̶p̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶T̶o̶t̶e̶m̶/̶W̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶.̶
I'm going to give Abyssal Cry another chance, but I still think the cooldown needs a 2 second reduction.

As it stands, Abyssal cry is such a niche spell that it slows down my clearspeed, which is already extremely slow.

If I go into a pack of mobs and cast Abyssal Cry > Contagion > and Ess Drain last, usually Abyssal cry is never up when I reach the next set of mobs, this is a serious problem, as I get the best results from casting Abyssal Cry first.

This forces me to go into a pack of mobs and cast Contagion > Ess Drain > and Abyssal Cry last, which doesn't produce the best results, and slows me down anyway.

I've seen countless other builds with movement speed/clearspeed that is 300-500% faster than mine, I see no reason why Abyssal Cry should have such a subpar cooldown gimping non META/FOTM builds, as this game was founded on a principle of ample build diversity, skill combinations, and gem exploration.

Last edited by TheIronBankofBraavos on Nov 25, 2016, 5:38:28 PM
Man all i want for this skill is a faster cool down support gem, so i can have a smoother experience with it on other ascendencies besides berserker.
Personally I find this skill a great deal of fun, it massacres mobs if you have enough AOE and damage.
Using it on my Chaos Occultist, with around +100% AOE. And boy does it murder everything.
While the cooldown can be a little bit of an issue, it doesn't matter when one cast kills everything three maps over.

The range and damage on this skill when setup right is truly extraordinary.

The only issue I do have, of which I would love a quality of life change for, is the visuals.
Namely how it doesn't scale no matter how much AOE it has. I'm not even sure just how massive each individual blast is, but they are huge, Ice Nova sized at a minimum. But you would never expect that based on the visuals.

While satisfying, they lack the impact that such as large blast should convey. Theses are mini nukes going off, maybe they should look more the part.
Last edited by YohSL on Feb 15, 2017, 8:19:10 AM
Any changes to abyssal cry AOE for 2.6?
"
pathofnogf wrote:

Ctrl+F Abyssal.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
pathofnogf wrote:

Ctrl+F Abyssal.

I don't want to sound rude, but this is not really an actual answer is it? Since the skill is not mentioned in the post, but we know that the radius of skills is going to be reduced, wont this mean that Abyssal Cry is getting hit with a huge nerfhammer? The other skills are mentioned because GGG are increasing their base AoE, but if this is not the case with Abyssal Cry the radius is going to be very small - and the skill will basically suck. At least that is my understanding. I was actually thinking of writing GGG in order to ask if they forgot the skill or if they just intend for it to no longer see use. Please correct me if I am wrong :-)
It is an actual answer. If it's not mentioned in the patch notes, it's not getting changed. Yes, that means its AoE is nerfed, relatively speaking.
There are many Skills that are not being 'compensated' for the Radius nerf.

Sending useful feedback is always appreciated; there's an entire forum for it, as well as these threads. :) I have no exeperience with ACry, so I'm no judge on its viability in 2.6.0; if you think it needs a radius boost, do say so, let yourself be heard.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 2, 2017, 11:21:41 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It is an actual answer. If it's not mentioned in the patch notes, it's not getting changed. Yes, that means its AoE is nerfed, relatively speaking.
There are many Skills that are not being 'compensated' for the Radius nerf.

Sending useful feedback is always appreciated; there's an entire forum for it, as well as these threads. :) I have no exeperience with ACry, so I'm no judge on its viability in 2.6.0; if you think it needs a radius boost, do say so, let yourself be heard.

There are already threads about it - I just found your answer very misleading. And I still do to be honest. Call it a war on words or whatever, but the fact is - then - that the skill is being changed - not directly but through the general AoE changes. Anyway: I am not here to fight, and I respect if you find your own reply sufficient. I just hope I have provided a bit more insight to the guy who asked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info