Abyssal Cry

Ok I am a cleave dual wielder dualist with heavy defensive investment in evasion and block and minor investment in armor. other skills I commonly use are leapslam - with fortify curse on hit and poachers mark. My new cast when damage taken fire golem and molten shell. I use hatred and herald of ash and I have an alphas howl so I am able to run arctic armor in extreme circumstances (slower clear speed because less leap slamming around but more defenses, good idea on boss) I have some mana steal to keep mana up if I continue fighting. I love abbysal cry with herald of ash. Heralds radius is a little bigger I feel, but thats fine, when I kill packs of them all grouped up I lay waste to my enemies. and the slow movment speed is nice to control big groups.
"
lucksickle wrote:
Which of the following work with the explosions from abyssal cry?:

Increased Area of Effect
Concentrated Effect
Added Chaos (quality)

Thanks beforehand!

dont forget increase duration
I misread the skill, thinking it slowed movement and attack speed. Just slowing movement speed mostly kills its defensive applications I'd hoped for on my Magma Orb caster.

The explosions make for some nice supplemental damage though, and it gives me a way to get rid of corpses around Necromancers and the like.

Still, I'd much prefer if Abyssal Cry slowed attack/cast speed as well as movement speed, even if its damage had to be cut in half to balance it.
cost too much str, IMO
Suggestion for this gem :

The aoe explosions should apply the debuff, in some cases it would create a chainreaction. This change would bring a lot of fun to this skill.
I thought the warcries were going to be more then just a red gem. Makes sence but I would love to see abyssal be an int str gem, and something for green red to like...hrmmmm evasion or dodge chance for monsters nearby
"
coldmetal0 wrote:
I thought the warcries were going to be more then just a red gem. Makes sence but I would love to see abyssal be an int str gem, and something for green red to like...hrmmmm evasion or dodge chance for monsters nearby

Suddenly, all totems are RED gems too :). No one complained though..
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
totems have always been red gems. I cant think of a time when they weren't, thats why I was hoping to see three colors on war cries, because not every melee is str based. from a balance perspective though the gem I recommended would likely be over powered as everyone could benefit from its effects heavily, and it would likely become a "required" gem from most builds. i still really like abyssal cry and I want to make a build focused around it with herald of ash and max aoe.
Abyssal Cry's chaos explosion is a little bit too loud when many of them go off at once. It has a satisfying sound effect, just a little loud compared to the other ones in the game.

It's nice against shelled crabs because they don't take the second ranged attack form, but it doesn't remove the "poison on death" of some zombies I think.

It's an interesting skill. I like how it seems to hurl monsters into the underworld.
All the war cries attract monsters to attack players, but the monsters can still run away. Maybe a new kind of war cry could be added, which force the monsters to stay and attack, like Axe's war cry in Dota. That would definitely boost melee clear speed. In the meanwhile, this war cry cannot be used for PVP because it would ruin the gameplay.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info