[DISCONTINUED] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

My first character... Level 45 now. Been loving this build. Heading into Act 1 cruel now and have some questions.

For a while I've been wondering what other skill gems to use to fill out my other slots.Still use heavy strike and leap slam. I've recently switched out molten strike and sweep (felt they were unnecessary) for enduring cry and decoy totem for the added safety.Still unsure of them and wanted a more experienced players opinion of what else to use.(New to the game so don't know any good combinations of gems)

I've also felt my character is quite weak and want to know if 1.5k HP is good when level 45 with this build ?
Any help would be great !
@ Killingmachine231

If you look back to previous replys, you can read up on some of the extra support gems and abilities. Also 1.5k hp is okay, you might want to look into getting a new mace with added physical or elemental damage.
I have passed Malachai around level 55. He kill me lots of time. I had 2500 HP + res cap !!! So I think it's normal, this boss is very very too strong.
I just see Act4 difficulty (Normal+Cruel) as been decrease today ^_^ ...

Now i'm level 60. Just changed some gear : Here is it :

Spoiler

Ground slam is around 9 000 DPS
Heavy strike is around 14 000 DPS
Leap Slam is around 5 000 DPS
VAAL ground slam is around 7 000 AVG Dmg (with multistrike, so 3 * 7000 DMG per attack)

So it's very very nice to play :)
Just finished Act1 Merciless :
- Kill Brutus in around 8/10 heavy strike
- Kill Merveil in around 15/20 heavy strike (two forms)

I'll changed in level 62 my chest for this :

Thanks again :) HF
Last edited by Rom17rom on Jul 23, 2015, 4:12:05 AM
How does this build handle maps 70+?
Hey i'm currently making a ground slammer, i'm currently level 50 and working my way up.

but don't you think swapping life gain on hit with multistrike would be a good trade?

i'm currently running multi strike and it makes you hit so much faster. also as you'll be hitting 3 times for the cost of whatever the manacost is you'll be spending less life and that way make up for the life gain on hit?

also do you use any auras? i'm currently using Herald of ash only but might look into another aura soon. Thats the only reason why im scared to get blood magic.
"
Fakepott wrote:
Hey i'm currently making a ground slammer, i'm currently level 50 and working my way up.

but don't you think swapping life gain on hit with multistrike would be a good trade?

i'm currently running multi strike and it makes you hit so much faster. also as you'll be hitting 3 times for the cost of whatever the manacost is you'll be spending less life and that way make up for the life gain on hit?

also do you use any auras? i'm currently using Herald of ash only but might look into another aura soon. Thats the only reason why im scared to get blood magic.

Here is my two attacks :

11000 dps

19k dps

And with life leech, it's work great !

I run blood magic. I lose less life than i gain on leech.
Last edited by Rom17rom on Jul 24, 2015, 12:08:35 PM
Hi! Thanks for this guide, I am really enjoying playing with it. In Step 3 you invested 3 points into endurance charge, I am at act 4 atm and lvl 40. So, if I am not using enduring cry at all should I invest this 3 points into something else?
@DDBull

Honestly the endurance charges become very useful near endgame, so I would invest in the 3 skill points.

Also when you get the chance, I would try to pick up Enduring Cry as well!
On a similar guide someone is using blood-magic gem instead of the passive so he can use auras whithout loosing x% of his life tresh hold. But Im completely new to the game and don't know what is better. Do you see any disadvantages in your build by using blood-magic gem instead of the passive?

Edit: I see, thanks for your help
Last edited by Jerem1ahJones on Aug 2, 2015, 12:03:54 AM
@ Jerem1ahJones

The life loss from using skills and abilities is so little, it will make no difference. Especially with the high amount of strength, it will be almost unnoticeable.

Advantages of using a gem: Exactly what you said about no life loss from abilities.

Disadvantages of using a gem: Takes up a red slot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info