Strange lag spikes - Unplayable

"
adampurvis wrote:

Here's what happens to me. My latency goes to 1000+ for sometimes 10+ seconds, and my character freezes just like it should with lockstep lag. The particle and water effects are still moving so I know my game isn't totally frozen. ...

I was playing with my friend, yet the game was still registering my commands. I would click back and forth on my screen while it looked like I was still frozen, and my friend could see me moving around perfectly, cycloning perfectly exactly the way I was doing it. I could even type stuff in and he would see it, while I wouldn't be able to see it on my screen.

had the same behaviour some days ago, my screen froze but my friend could see me moving around in the game, it must have been that the client just stopped displaying the game.

after 5 seconds i just alt+f4 out of this situation but i'm not sure how i can give information to ggg to debug this issue? the client only sends debug info in case it crashes, not when i regularily close it.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Same for me.....and i can't use predictive on my flicker strike witch due the desynch
Had major lag spike issues for the last 24/48 hours here on the east coast in the UK.

Ran download and ping tests and appear to have no issues but in game during the morning and afternoon it's borderline unplayable.

Regularly seeing 1000+ spikes, just tried running a map before I realised I had a problem and got disconnected 4 times... Major freezes and desync before the inevitable dropout to login.

Never had any issues previously, doesn't appear to be my connection given the test results.
"
MrBlack23 wrote:
Had major lag spike issues for the last 24/48 hours here on the east coast in the UK.

Ran download and ping tests and appear to have no issues but in game during the morning and afternoon it's borderline unplayable.

Regularly seeing 1000+ spikes, just tried running a map before I realised I had a problem and got disconnected 4 times... Major freezes and desync before the inevitable dropout to login.

Never had any issues previously, doesn't appear to be my connection given the test results.

Same here, even called up my ISP to see if it was my internet or a problem my end, returned no problems fine and dandy on other games and I am down south in the UK.

Absolute BS if you ask me.
Same issue here, been happening since yesterday afternoon.

Game is so laggy it's not playable if it hasn't already kicked me.

WinMTR is showing a lot of packet loss (>25%) at lon02.networklayer.com and lon01.networklayer.com
"
cr0s1s wrote:
Same issue here, been happening since yesterday afternoon.

Game is so laggy it's not playable if it hasn't already kicked me.

WinMTR is showing a lot of packet loss (>25%) at lon02.networklayer.com and lon01.networklayer.com

Yeah pretty much the same thing and ran the same tool with similar results, 20-30% drop rate on those.
any update on this? me and my bro have started getting this issue where the character freezes but the npc in game continue to do there moves, as soon as the freeze stops we get disconnected from the server

EU/London server

only started getting this issue since the last update, everything ran fine before, and from what i have been reading its the EU server that people are having issues with
HIGH LATENCY, LAGS, LAGS, NO GAME PLAY
For the life of me I just can't figure this crap out! A year ago this game ran blazing smooth and fast on my current computer, now, after these expansions and bug fixes and upgrades the game is nearly unplaybale for me. Logging in is about 80% to 90% fine, nice, smooth and error free. But shortly after launching into the game and a couple minutes of game play my character gets stuck, freezes and about 4 to 8 seconds later there's motion on the screen again, but when the action resumes, it does so at fricking warp speed. It's like the game warps to try and catch up to itself some how.

This is very frustrating for me, because I feel like I'm kind of playing Russian Roulette with this game. For a while I'll keep my guard up awaiting the freeze problem and only attack small groups or single monsters. But when I drop my guard and go after the huge crowds, wouldn't you know it, the game says......"time to freeze up, be back in about 4 to 8 seconds"!

I've updated my Nvidia GeForce GTX 465 video card to the current drivers
I've upgraded my V.I.A. HD Audio Deck to the current drivers
I've upgraded my network adapter to the current drivers
I've run a very long and lengthly Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit update, no updates found.
I've upgraded my 2 Dell 24 inch monitors with the current drivers

Basic System Info...

Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX 465 video card in a PCI-Express slot
8 Gig's of Patriot DDR-2 system RAM
Western Digital 500 Gig hard drive connected by way of SETA
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor @ 3.40 Gigs
Netgear A6210 WiFi USB-3.0 high speed network adapter
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit "User Experience Index" score of 5.9

I have no clue, I get going and start settling in playing, a couple minutes goes by, my mind thinks.....get ready....any moment now! I've made a lot of various changes with my video settings, thinking something about the video setting could have played a part in my current troubles, haven't found a setting yet that keeps my game from freezing up! It's just a shame that this game once used to be smooth and fast and flawless, now, it's not! All my other on-line multiplayer games run perfectly, Call of Duty 4, World of Planes, World of Tanks, Star Trek Starfleet Command III and many more, all run perfect, it's only P.O.E. thats being the problem child.

These problems have now been well reported here on these forums and these problems are being talked about within the games "Global chat" and nothing apparently is being done about them! But oh yeah, they want to show off "builds of the week", but their known network issues, nope, not a word. This is by far the worst experience I've had to deal with in all the 3 years that I've been playing the game. My computer is "NOT" the issue, same computer, same setup as 3 years ago with minor upgrades, 100% network/broadband speeds on my end as told to me by Speedtest.net (56 megs down) & (12.8 megs up)! Just odd, 3 years ago, this game ran flawlessly, now, since all the "bells & whistles" the worst P.o.E. experience I've ever had. I'm almost afraid to jump in and play and lose any of what little XP I have, for I've been struggling for nearly a year to get out of level 82 and become a level 83, now, I'm fearful and worried about losing it all. It's just sad, I totally love the game, ever since day one! I've invested both 100's and 100's and 100's of hours of my time and have even cracked open my wallet and invested money in the game. I just hope this gets fixed quick! If not, I'm possibly thinking about putting this game totally on the shelf and finding something new to play
I'm also getting crazy lag spikes and never had this issue before 2.4. Would also like some feedback on this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info