[2.1 Video Guide] Hybrid ES/Life Tanky Zombie/Specter Summoner - The Puppet Master [HC/SC viable]

1. Yes. It's tiring to track them down every time at first, but when your Desecrate reaches a high enough level you'll just be able to Desecrate a couple of times and get 3 Evangelists.

Desecrate is an option when you are in a map and they die, but read the gem, they are very low lvl
Does the corpse level from desecrate matter for spectres? I thought that was only for corpse explode.

Well, that explains why they die so fast!
Awesome build man, but i have a question..

I'm a Revenant Summoner, is Vis Mortis a good armour ?

+1 spectres will increase a significant amount of my DPS ?
I was actually wondering that. Specifically, if it'd be worthwhile taking the jewel slots to the left and right of where Witch starts for the jewels that convert int to dex and str. It would mean only needing like 8-10 dex and strength from gear (probably just a citrine amulet)
Last edited by Lady_Cydonia on Aug 20, 2015, 3:46:40 AM
I'm new player (3x 80lvl chars - all builds from you ;) - THANK YOU) and i just love this summoner^^ I started with dual flame totemist but it was boring as f. then i swap for ranger though its too squishy for me (when i'll afford better gear i'll probably come back to "her"^^) - but this summoner is awsome. I had troubles early on, couse my minions (mainly spectres) were too squishy, but since lvl 70 its just wonderfull (i'm using temporal chains instead of vulnerability though - soon i'll find out if vulne is worth this decreased survavibility. I also found 2x magic jewels which (each) gives me +15% minion dmg and +5% minion elemental resistance - which works great. I choose to use Midnight Bargain for it (4 spectres are just so good ;) and then later 6l vis mortis (now im going with tabula rasa). I find Vaal summon sceletons far more valuable than arctic armour - dominus (on either difficulty) didnt even had time to scratch me^^ And i'm thinking of a place for vaal haste - maybe instead convocation - I'll see how that works^^ I do have some questions though:

1) Whats the gems priority order for +20 quality, and which one aren't even worth bothering?

2) People were talking about using LMP on revenants - why not GMP?

3) I havent created my hideout yet - which masters should i prioritize? (If i decide to swap for another, does the first one favour resets, or it stays?)

4) Is there any way to find out our minions current life, resistances, dmg? Couse when i'm looking at defences it shows only mine ...

5) How does Freezing pulse work for u guys? I'm reluctant to take elemental equilibrium - couse its reach isnt long - so if there are big swarms of monsters its hard to quickly put curses on all of them and in case of bosses, you have to get closer - which in most cases means problems. For now i'm farming with ball of lightning which is awsome - any suggestions? Is EE+ FP a lot stronger? Someone suggested ealier Avatar of Fire with ball of lightning - how would that work? Or maybe there are gloves (helmet) supported by GMP (which would solve that problem)? And would Summon Raging Spirits work with EE?

6) Which helmet in your opinion is best for this build - Skullhead, The Vertex, Geofri's Crest, Leer Cast ?

7) Are there any Revenants with level higher than these from merciless harvest? Meaning - do they appear on any high level maps - if so which one? And same with Evangelists.

Edit: I was/am planning to use Vis mortis as armor, though now i have second thoughts and I'm thinking od utilizing Shavronnes wrapings + Zealots Oath and Shaper instead of Hired Killer Cluster for better protection - your thoughts?
Last edited by Kurrenkamerruk on Aug 24, 2015, 9:16:50 AM
Went with the Evanglist version, definitely a fun build. Everything was going smooth until I became overly aggressive and was put into my place on a fracture map with flicker monsters. Take two here I come!
I have a question why you dont use Jewels?
Relatively new player here, trying to understand why added fire/lightning/cold/chaos damage is not typically paired with minion gems? It seems to add a ton to their dps.
Hi lifting, love your guides, keep them coming!

Question, would this chest be good for this build? It might open up alot more auras and free up the shield to use something like lioneye's remorse instead or something. But you'd lose a potential 6L for a key skill.
Last edited by Pascoflyer on Sep 12, 2015, 10:07:54 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for the build! I've been having a great time with it and am certainly enjoying mobbing enemies instead of having it done to me. Payback, monsters!

I've only just hit lvl 59 and am starting to really feel some of the power of the build. Mid level can feel a little slow at times with clear speed but you're certainly quite safe.

I managed to get through both Piety and Malachai on Normal and Cruel without dying which is the first character I've achieved that with. The only times I have died have been when pushing too hard or not paying attention and something otherwise trivial took me out. I was super impressed that my Zombies and Revenants even survived Piety's beam in Cruel. Testament to the excellent build!

Looking forward to lvl 68 when I can really go to town!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info