[2.0] "Neptune's Exemplar" Dual Wield Crit Ice Crash by wraithe_au

"
nbriles2000 wrote:
I'm doing something kind of similar to this, only with a shield and block nodes. My biggest question is acro/ phase acro vs IR?
Also, tempest shield + mana leech solve the mana problem most are experiencing ;)

If you're going block, IR is better.

I'm doing something similar to you but no IR, tree goes into Templar rather than bottom Duelist so it's not on the way. I think I'm at 47% block (no spell block) with Tempest Shield, about 5k Armour and 2.5k Evasion. Survivability is good but I'm only in 74 maps at lvl 88.

What's your Tempest Shield link? I have it in CwDT-Inc Dur-IC-TS with Daresso's but I don't feel as safe taking out the duration on IC for Mana Leech.
Last edited by totentanz on Sep 4, 2015, 10:18:37 PM
Mine goes a little further towards shadow, and doesn't go towards marauder at all. It's working pretty well so far. I just need levels (only at like 70 so far)

Tempest shield is linked with cwdt, mana leech and enervate. I might swap enervate with HoT later, I'm not sure yet.. I need the block nodes right under golem blood then I'll decide
OK guys, i have some serious issues with the ice crash skill at this moment.

The problem is the slow animation and the mana costs.

The animation is almost as slow as some boss's one-shot skills. This makes it hard to escape some situations, especially if you held the attack button a little too long and start another attack.

The attacks are powerful but the cost is too high for the amount you need to leech back. Even after taking mana flows and spirit void, i find myself OOM often against bosses, something that doesn't happen with Reave.

Speaking of which, when i replaced crash with Reave, without chromes, and vaal reave in any green slot, clear speed and safety became 10 times better. The range, attack speed, mobility and mana management of Reave makes crash seem clumsy in comparison.

Reave is just a superior skill all round. I don't think will continue with this build. Sorry to those who have been following it.

Check out "Bill the Butcher" for the reave version that uses almost identical trees and minimal conversion costs.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
I personally have no problems with mana, as long as you have some mana leech on your amulet or rings the leech is just fine.

Thus said the build is indeed very squishy due to the abyssus and blood rage mechanic (no wonder abyssus dropped in price since 2.0 release, with the increase of damage all around 40% is quite a lot to take in).

I pushed it to 87 and sadly I think that's as far as it will go for me as I'm finding myself dying way too often to bother lvling it further.

Great build, great damage output but way too squishy.
Life leech on Herald of ice helps with the squishiness.

+ physical to lighting
+ doryani's cold belt (or lightning)
+ berek's grip ring (if running off mana)
+ bino's

You'll have over 2+ % elemental leech with ice crash...will also leech 4% off HOI explosions..finally bino's regen

I ran 77 volcano 15% elemental rare reflect map without issue. Tested against unid'd vaal'd Residence map. Died trying to facetank Dominus lightning stream, but didn't pot or move. Wanted to test limits. Was able to stand in there for several seconds before leech gave out. Would not have been a problem if I applied a little effort.

Dual Dory's works just as well for anything but reflect.

For context, my defensive stats are:

23% (3k?) Armor
25% evasion
21% block

Pretty lack luster. Dps is only 55k, but the build is converted and not remotely close to optimal. Can probably get another 20k with some tweaking.
Why is the AoE size in video so tiny. I swear my crit staff templar had way bigger.
IGN: DabrixRN
Hey! Love the theory behind this build but i was wondering. Would this be viable if you replaced Daresso's Defiance with a nice chest with triple resistance and high life. Also can Doryani's cataylst be replaced for a Death's Hand?
A different chest is fine. Daresso has some advantages but none that is considered compulsory.

Deaths hand is a great weapon when used as an offhand stat stick, but as a main weapon, it's pretty poor.

You only get something like 250pdps with DH but 300+ with Catalyst. The Catalyst also doubles the ele damage and offers ele leech. There's really no contest.

But if you were to forgo the bino regen and deal with leeching, deaths hand as an offhand for Catalyst can be a powerful combo.

You get free power charges and extra chaos damage, this removes the need for assassin's mark. Instead, you have the option to use ele weakness.
Hey there currently using this build and its quite fun still some tweaking to go but great start never the less xD still low end but ill get there.

Quick question what jewels are to be used with this build i noticed that theres no jewels in the skill tree just open slots to be used.

Regards
"
N1ghtK1ss wrote:
Hey there currently using this build and its quite fun still some tweaking to go but great start never the less xD still low end but ill get there.

Quick question what jewels are to be used with this build i noticed that theres no jewels in the skill tree just open slots to be used.

Regards

I usually run with jewels with attack speed and crit chance in all builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info