[2.1] "Bill the Butcher" Bino Reaver by fiqst

About the build:

This build uses Reave as the main attack and Vaal Reave and Whirling blades as the secondaries.

The builds tries to enhance physical and chaos damage as much as possible by way of the the Death's Hand sceptre to utilise as much for the regen properties of Bino's Kitchen Knife as much as possible.

The result is a powerful, venomous offence that consistently shocks and freezes.

The true heart of the offence and the key to efficient clearspeed lies with the massive area of effect of the combined Reave and Vaal Reave max stacks.

Reave + Vaal Reave

Activating Vaal reave allows you to double the max stack (to 8) for the reave strike:

At this point, this AoE distance can be maintained indefinitely as long as you hit a target before the duration limit ends.

This is especially effective in linear maps such as Strand and Gorge

Defence is dodge-based with the keystones Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics as the first line of defense. But just like the offence, the best defence comes from the full-screen AoE of Reave. The constant freeze effect applied to enemies keeps them rooted in place and the sheer massive scale of the AoE kills ranged enemies outside of their firing distance.

There are 4 versions of the build showcased here, each with a different set of equipment and at varying costs. They all share the same tree more or less.

Key items:

Bino's Kitchen Knife

On top of the multi-tiered defence, we can achieve significant regen from Bino's

with Conc. Effect:

zero to full in less than a second.

Death's Hand is a very nice mace with some great uses.
The power charge on stun is great and allows you to consider a curse other than AM.
The constant Unholy Might adds significant chaos which is unreflectable.

The Bino's regen relies on how much physical and chaos damage you produce and this sceptre provides both.

Daresso's Defiance

Daresso for the Endurance charge generation, extra dodge and free Onslaught.

Maligaro's Virtuosity / Atziri's Acuity

Acuity is the best, of course, and will save you 3-4 nodes from the tree, but it's unnecessary as Maligaro is more than sufficient for this build.

Optional Offhands:

These are great on a budget

Character Sheet:

Daresso's Defiance RRBBGG

Reave
Faster Attacks
Melee Phyisical Damage
Multistrike
Critical Damage
Increased AoE

Maligaro's RGGG

Vaal Haste
Blood Rage
Ice Golem
Increased Duration
Vaal Haste last 10.44secs

Abyssus RRGG

Whirling Blades
Faster Attacks
Fortify
Blood Magic

Boots BBBG

Herald of Thunder
Curse on Hit
Vulnerability
Hatred

Bino's Kitchen Knife RBG

Vaal Reave
Inc AoE
(free slot)

Death's Hand RGG

CwDT (4)
Immortal Call (6)
Inc Duration

Tree and Bandits:

114 Point Tree

OAK / ALL
OAK / ALL
Alira

Videos:

To come...

Notes:

How do you sustain mana?

The best option:

Spirit Void, just under Duelist start and directly above IR.

These 3 nodes solves all mana issues and you wont need mana leech in your gear

Increased AoE and Conc Effect

I use Inc AoE in all occasions, even during boss fights.

I like to stay mobile during boss fights. I use whirling blades to keep away from the advancing boss and use the AoE of reave to attack from long distance. Shortening the AoE means you'll receive more attacks from the boss.

I do swap to Conc Effect for bosses that require more dps to stay safe, such as Double Vaal in apex.

I make sure i have Vaal Grace and Vaal Reave ready for the boss. This way i can have a full 10.44 second max dodge and full stacks ready for the boss (or box).
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Jan 8, 2016, 12:42:46 AM
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2016, 8:10:57 AM
reserved
Last edited by fiqst on Aug 31, 2015, 2:22:38 AM
reserved
Last edited by fiqst on Sep 20, 2015, 8:14:21 PM
Great movie, nice build
Awesome.

Why do you prefer catalyst over death's hand?
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
Awesome.

Why do you prefer catalyst over death's hand?

Actually i don't. Deaths hand gives great utility with free power charges and extra chaos damage.

But the cost is silly.

Catalyst gives a better dps number, ele leech and global crit chance. But most importantly, you can find one cheaply.

Hi there. I'm using Bino and Catalyst atm, same as your guide. Just curious to know whether Death's hand unholy might's dps will be superior when comparing using a catalyst as offhand.

Any advise? :)
"
kenny_ty wrote:
Hi there. I'm using Bino and Catalyst atm, same as your guide. Just curious to know whether Death's hand unholy might's dps will be superior when comparing using a catalyst as offhand.

Any advise? :)

Catalyst gives better dps than the Unholy Might from Death's Hand, but DW reave dps is misleading.

I prefer deaths hand for the utility, and turns reave into an 8L. The power charge mechanic is like PCoC and the unholy might is like another dps gem.
They've fallen a lot in price recently. 10 days ago it was 17ex, now you can get one for less than 10ex.
Added a full defensive version of the build, CLICK HERE

- Rat's Nest instead of Abyssus
- Lightning Coil instead of Daresso
- Soul Taker offhand
- AA for extra phys+fire mitigation

stats:

92k at full charges
245k with vaal haste and conc effect

EDIT: added a video of the survivalist

77 Bazaar with enfeeble
Last edited by fiqst on Aug 31, 2015, 2:24:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info