[2.1] "Bill the Butcher" Bino Reaver by fiqst

Still pretty excited to check out this weapon:

The extra damage mod is pretty awesome and the cut to movement speed looks good
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Hey man! :) I was leveling reaver following your build and it's going really good so far... I saw your dual strike and I like it more than reave so i was wondering could i use it with the same tree? also you're using lightning coil, can i use it on daresso and do I need to get doryani's catalyst or can i continue using death's hand? Do you like reave or dual strike more? :)

Sorry for a lot of questions! Thanks for the build! Cheers! :)
"
fiqst wrote:
Regarding Ascendancy:

I've been doing some calculations to work out how much crit chance i will need in the Shadow Assassin tree.

Currently, this character has:

9.9% Bino base crit (max roll)
91.08% chance with full charges

the total crit chance from tree and gear is 920%

of this, 200% comes from charges, 470% comes from the tree, this leaves 250% from items.

In Ascendancy, the plan is to have 5 charges and The Deadly Infusion node gives +0.5% to base crit chance per pc, so the 9.9% chance from Bino becomes 12.4%.

To get 95% crit chance with a 12.4% base, you will need 760% on tree and gear.

From this 760%, 250% is from power charges (5x pc) and 250% from gear, this leaves 260% required on the tree.

This means i only require half the crit chance on the tree in Ascendancy compared to what i have now. And if you consider the number of crit nodes this frees up and to be able to put those nodes into things, you can see how great the Deadly Infusion node really is.

This leaves me to wonder what changes we'll see in the expansion? How will crit be balanced against the Assassin subclass?

They will probably nerf the crit that is on tree to compensate for the OP assassin nodes.

And buff the damage of mobs :)

I do not think they will touch the itemization for critical chance (or if they do it will something minor like implicit crit chance on diamond rings to be reduced)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
azamantes wrote:

They will probably nerf the crit that is on tree to compensate for the OP assassin nodes.

And buff the damage of mobs :)

I do not think they will touch the itemization for critical chance (or if they do it will something minor like implicit crit chance on diamond rings to be reduced)

The problem with nerfing the tree is that it will make the Assassin even more stronger compared to other classes.

If the only class to be able to cap crit chance is to be the Assassin, then it won't be worth it to use any other class.
Last edited by fiqst on Feb 19, 2016, 7:21:42 AM
i have a question to You fiqst. Are You gonna change 'Bill the butcher' from duelist to shadow after ascendancy ?

nevermind i find answear on previous page :) sorry :P
Last edited by ober_PL on Mar 3, 2016, 8:31:22 PM
"
ober_PL wrote:
i have a question to You fiqst. Are You gonna change 'Bill the butcher' from duelist to shadow after ascendancy ?

nevermind i find answear on previous page :) sorry :P

thats ok :) thanks for asking.

The Assassin is very strong for this build.

I calculated that i would need about about 200% less crit chance on the tree. This equates to about 7 nodes that can be used for other things. In 2.2 i plan to spend these on phys and melee damage nodes upping melee damage by about 200%.

So, to put it simply, this build in 2.2 will get the same crit performance, but will output an increased 200% physical damage.

I'll do the transfer once it goes live, together with new screens and stats.
tree updated ?
"
ShaIsGood wrote:
tree updated ?

He said since this build is moved to a shadow start, this build will be stopped
"
Enrovy wrote:
"
ShaIsGood wrote:
tree updated ?

He said since this build is moved to a shadow start, this build will be stopped

Wait a minute, so my items that I bought for this build are now useless?

I didn't play the game since september, and wanted to go back to try 2.2 when this build is updated. What do I do now?

Also I'm not very familiar with Ascendancy stuff...
Sorry about the confusion over the move to Shadow. I did post a couple of messages in this thread to make it clear that it was going to happen.

Here is the new build link:

Bill the Butcher

The move has turned out to be a good one. In spite of the crit nerfs in 2.2, the Assassin subclass is actually a massive crit buff!

Shadow Bill has become more powerful than ever. If you want to spare the time to level up a Shadow, I'd highly recommend it.

As for your duelist, i am maintaining a build that uses very similar equipment to the reave build but uses the Slayer subclass for single target skills.

Duallant. You can replace the main skill with reave and go from there. Read up on the 3 dualist subclasses and want they offer, choose the one that best suits your play style. IE, you may want permanent fortify, or capped block, or even a chaotic infernal blow effect. The beauty of 2.2 is tailoring a unique Duelist since there are so many ways to customise now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info