[2.0] "Neptune's Exemplar" Dual Wield Crit Ice Crash by wraithe_au

To be better than a catalyst you should get a vaal rapier/phys sceptre with around 350 pdps and over 8% base crit.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
This build using Soul Taker is night and day compared to Bino's kitchen knife.. First of all you can switch out ur gloves and gain huge res increases, leaving ur rings/amu more free for dps rather than survival. Secondly, u can use herald of ice for increased dps. And the problem of going oom against bosses is totally gone. I've been doing 76-78 maps for days now and i smash the shit out of them with very rare deaths. (Not using vaal pact for leech)
Just got this to 65 and loving it so far but keep running out of mana and eventually getting killed. How are you managing the mana pool to keep from running out?

Either of these options work.

Mana Flows if you like spam attacks. For me, it gives enough mana to make a third attack, which gives enough time to leech for a fourth, etc.

Spirit Void if you like to move around and pick targets.

Another option is to use a blood magic gem in your attack.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Updated the build.

- changed the ice crash gem set.

removed ice bite for faster attacks, purely for QoL reasons. The long windup of ice crash made the skill feel slow and clunky. FA improves the feel somewhat at the expense of pure damage.

Conc effect removed for Inc AoE. This lowers the tooltip but the increased size and the fact that most mobs get one shot anyway means a good improvement in clearspeed.

- updated stats screen and equipment list

- made some changes in all of the gem sets to suit my own playstyle.

whirling blades is now my main movement skill and is connect to blood magic for unlimited movement around the map.

HoI is connected to mana leech.

- Added a video

76 Arid Lake
Do you really need mana leech on your herald of ice? If you can solve that problem, I would put blood rage, inc duration and 2 vaal gems in your boots and herald of ice - hatred - enlighten into the catalyst so you get some prolif from the herald.

Wouldn't use enhance with blood rage anymore, It's not worth the small aps bonus you get.

I tried blood rage with and without a level 3 enhance on my windripper ranger and i went from about 40,100 dps to 40,900 in my hideout on a split - chain setup. Too small of a benefit to use over a vaal gem or more utility such as cwdt - blood rage - phase run - curse/something for this build.

Something i would do, especially now that you use herald of ice and inc aoe on your ice crash would be getting a chill of corruption jewel and abusing vaal gems like i do on my windripper ranger. No need for mana when you have a permanent 18 second vaal clarity and another 2 or 3 vaal gems ready to be rotated between. Could even add that other soul jewel that has like 25% to gain an extra soul per enemy killed. :)

My 2 cents.
Ugh effort
Last edited by aStrayGami on Aug 7, 2015, 1:24:07 PM
"
aStrayGami wrote:
Do you really need mana leech on your herald of ice? If you can solve that problem, I would put blood rage, inc duration and 2 vaal gems in your boots and herald of ice - hatred - enlighten into the catalyst so you get some prolif from the herald.

Wouldn't use enhance with blood rage anymore, It's not worth the small aps bonus you get.

I tried blood rage with and without a level 3 enhance on my windripper ranger and i went from about 40,100 dps to 40,900 in my hideout on a split - chain setup. Too small of a benefit to use over a vaal gem or more utility such as cwdt - blood rage - phase run - curse/something for this build.

Something i would do, especially now that you use herald of ice and inc aoe on your ice crash would be getting a chill of corruption jewel and abusing vaal gems like i do on my windripper ranger. No need for mana when you have a permanent 18 second vaal clarity and another 2 or 3 vaal gems ready to be rotated between. Could even add that other soul jewel that has like 25% to gain an extra soul per enemy killed. :)

My 2 cents.

Hey Stray, thanks for the notes.

adding prolif to a herald reserves 10% mana, which is too high. This is why i dropped HoA prolif.

Also, HoI prolif doesn't really work.

Blood Rage + Enhance gives an extra 4% attack speed, which i agree is probably not worth a gem slot

CwDT-Phase Run eats up all frenzy charges unfortunately, otherwise i would use it.

I like the idea of using more Vaal skills, i'll try some of those you suggested.
Chill of Corruption Viridian Jewel
80% chance to gain an additional Vaal Soul per Enemy Shattered
Sacrificial Harvest Viridian Jewel
(20 to 30)% chance to gain an additional Vaal Soul on Kill
Atziri's Reign Crimson Jewel
(15 to 20)% increased Vaal Skill Effect Duration

It's a nice combo with Vaal Clarity :P
"
fiqst wrote:
"
aStrayGami wrote:

My 2 cents.

adding prolif to a herald reserves 10% mana, which is too high. This is why i dropped HoA prolif.

Blood Rage + Enhance gives an extra 4% attack speed, which i agree is probably not worth a gem slot

CwDT-Phase Run eats up all frenzy charges unfortunately, otherwise i would use it.

I like the idea of using more Vaal skills, i'll try some of those you suggested.

Oh right, i forgot that the prolif in the catalyst still has a mana multiplier. Just put it in the dagger then i guess.

Hmm, phase run could be a problem on a low cwdt since you rely on frenzy charges so much.

I'm really liking the "ramp up" kind of playstyle on my windripper which is just amazingly fast at clearing maps due to this.
Here is what i would test on my duelist if he was set up for this build to see if this kind of playstyle could work here.

6 link attack
flicker - splash - curse on hit - assasins mark
herald of ash - whirling blades - fa - fortify
hatred - herald of ice - curse on hit - warlords mark
cwdt - immortal call - ice golem
vaal haste/grace or anything you feel like - vaal clarity - inc duration
Chill of corruption jewel

I dont think the 2 curses would get in each others way since flicker splash aoe isn't as big as herald of ice explosions form the whole pack. Having warlords mark would make mana leech easier to manage and of course give you end charges which lets you use a different chest if you would like to use something more defensive while giving up onslaught (or tweak the tree and pick up graceful assault) and some phys leech. I would use either a belly or lightning coil to boost the defenses higher. a high evasion chest is also an option and that may make iron reflexes something to think about again.

With the links above, I would get into a map with hatred & herald of ice and turn the other herald on once i have vaal clarity up which would last 17 seconds at lvl 18/19. This is easilly enough to chain and even rotate between this and another vaal gem, especially with fast mobility thanks to whirling blades.

something else worth messing around with again if this playstyle tickles your fancy is implementing prolif back into this build and using it on herald of ash once vaal clarity is up.

I abused vaal gems on the old cyclonus (1.3) many months ago and it's the 2nd faster clear speed i have had on a build, right behind my current windripper ranger.

What to take from this post? Vaal clarity is a beautiful, underrated gem. :D
Ugh effort
Last edited by aStrayGami on Aug 8, 2015, 9:07:16 PM
"
aStrayGami wrote:
"
fiqst wrote:
"
aStrayGami wrote:

My 2 cents.

Oh right, i forgot that the prolif in the catalyst still has a mana multiplier. Just put it in the dagger then i guess.

Hmm, phase run could be a problem on a low cwdt since you rely on frenzy charges so much.

I'm really liking the "ramp up" kind of playstyle on my windripper which is just amazingly fast at clearing maps due to this.
Here is what i would test on my duelist if he was set up for this build to see if this kind of playstyle could work here.

6 link attack
flicker - splash - curse on hit - assasins mark
herald of ash - whirling blades - fa - fortify
hatred - herald of ice - curse on hit - warlords mark
cwdt - immortal call - ice golem
vaal haste/grace or anything you feel like - vaal clarity - inc duration
Chill of corruption jewel

I dont think the 2 curses would get in each others way since flicker splash aoe isn't as big as herald of ice explosions form the whole pack. Having warlords mark would make mana leech easier to manage and of course give you end charges which lets you use a different chest if you would like to use something more defensive while giving up onslaught (or tweak the tree and pick up graceful assault) and some phys leech. I would use either a belly or lightning coil to boost the defenses higher. a high evasion chest is also an option and that may make iron reflexes something to think about again.

With the links above, I would get into a map with hatred & herald of ice and turn the other herald on once i have vaal clarity up which would last 17 seconds at lvl 18/19. This is easilly enough to chain and even rotate between this and another vaal gem, especially with fast mobility thanks to whirling blades.

something else worth messing around with again if this playstyle tickles your fancy is implementing prolif back into this build and using it on herald of ash once vaal clarity is up.

I abused vaal gems on the old cyclonus (1.3) many months ago and it's the 2nd faster clear speed i have had on a build, right behind my current windripper ranger.

What to take from this post? Vaal clarity is a beautiful, underrated gem. :D

I took to do a build on my Shadow , and she's great what aStrayGami said above is 100 % TRUTH OF USE VAAL CLARITY IT IS THE SALVATION ! You kill some mobs ready and can now use it and is virtually 100% active hahahahahahahaha ! JUST DO IT ON VAAL CLARITY !

I hope you understand I used google translator: P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info