[2.0] "Neptune's Exemplar" Dual Wield Crit Ice Crash by wraithe_au

"
RazorRamon wrote:
Btw with all the buffs we got running with this build:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mantra_of_Force

Most likely BiS jewel by far for this

(I've yet to see one for sale though)

As far as i heard, it wasnt implemented into Live, because GGG found it too OP.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Sort of a newbish question but is there any reason in particular that everyone's playing this in Warbands and not Tempest? Is it not viable in HC?
"
Shiroichi wrote:
Sort of a newbish question but is there any reason in particular that everyone's playing this in Warbands and not Tempest? Is it not viable in HC?

While I haven't played HC with this build I have leveled it to 83 so I think I can give some input.

The biggest problem in HC with this build will be survivability, and you can't maximize that without being fully geared out, which will be significantly more time consuming to accomplish than in Warbands due to prices. I was dying while overleveled for the zone I was in because of big one shots as early as cruel. Even with iron reflexes I was simply getting hit too hard even for my health and for the playstyle (jump in, whack the ground, jump out). Also, the solo potential of this build, at least in my experience, is quite poor vs bosses, in that I can clear a level in no time, but unless the boss has auto spawning mobs (for charge uptime) I can't keep my hp/mana up.

Now that I've switched over to acro/phase however (at fiqst's suggestion), I'm seeing much better survivability, but still not on par with what I'd expect from what a HC build should have.

I'm sure fiqst can chime in with a professional opinion, but that's my 2 cents.
Last edited by teripper on Jul 24, 2015, 7:32:02 AM
yep agree on all points.

I think the main factor is the abyssus. It is simply bad for HC.

You would be better off using a rat's nest instead.

I would also use lightning coil.

The build has some good dps so you can drop some dps nodes for more life or evasion.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
Shiroichi wrote:

Anything with Abyssus is not viable in Hardcore IMO :).
This build uses agressive playstyle, a thing all Hardcore players should avoid.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jul 24, 2015, 8:29:32 AM
Is the Life regen of Bino's worth it?
I'm using dual doryanis catalist and get to 600+k dps (tooltip) fully buffed and i have vaal pact instead. No problems with survival so far, only against really big hits
Thank you all for your valuable input. To address every point, I'm currently already playing this on Tempest with a level 54 Deulist in a3 cruel. All boss kills were solo'd without any help and haven't gotten close to dying even once so far. My current life pool is 2700 with 8766dps on Ice Crash (running only Hatred and Flame Golem to keep up with my mana problems).

"
teripper wrote:
I was dying while overleveled for the zone I was in because of big one shots as early as cruel.

Might I inquire as to which bosses one-shot you in cruel? So far, Vaal was the biggest threat I've faced in Cruel and I down'd him in almost 5 seconds, save for his disappearing/reappearing.

"
teripper wrote:
Also, the solo potential of this build, at least in my experience, is quite poor vs bosses, in that I can clear a level in no time, but unless the boss has auto spawning mobs (for charge uptime) I can't keep my hp/mana up.

I'm not so sure about that, in my fight with Malachai I didn't tp back to Highgate at all. Neither through the first nor second phase. I was actually quite surprised by how easy the whole fight was. Despite the area lacking abit on spawning mobs or free breaks to fill up your flasks.

"
teripper wrote:
Now that I've switched over to acro/phase however (at fiqst's suggestion), I'm seeing much better survivability, but still not on par with what I'd expect from what a HC build should have.

How could acro/phase help if you're getting one-shot? In my experience your life + armour is the primary concern when you're getting one-shot since most of them are dealt by heavy phys attacks? (Vaal smash and malachai's teleport smash). Or am I missing something here?

"
fiqst wrote:
I think the main factor is the abyssus. It is simply bad for HC.

You would be better off using a rat's nest instead.

I would also use lightning coil.

Yes, I agree on the Abyssus and I wasn't going for it, that'd be insane on HC. I haven't thought about going with Rat's nest but then again I figured I would do the transition to Crit in the late 70s or so since like everyone hints the gearing is quite expensive and going Crit early would be pointless. As for LC, I was indeed going to go for it instead of Daresso.
What do u think about using atziri splendour?
i never used lightening coil before .. so wanna know what does it offer? atziri splendour offer tankiness and more % on armor,easion&energy shield on 1 mod .. and easier to chrome :D
Also is this build defence reliant on flasks?

Thanks ^^
Can you swap Ice bite for a different gem?
"
ngoof1 wrote:
Can you swap Ice bite for a different gem?

Yes the very best gem is Hypothermia. It won't show in your tolltip but it is massively powerful.

If you want to improve on the tooltip and make ice crash feel more smoother, go for faster attacks

Updated the tree:

- dropped all frenzies from the tree
- dropped IR and picked up Acro+Phase. It makes a HUGE difference end game and counters stun locking completely.

With acro+phase, its best to use vaal grace as the chosen vaal skill. You'll have 75% dodge (cap) and 64% spell dodge, and if you connect it with increased duration, it lasts 10.44 seconds. Perfect for boss encounters and strongboxes.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info