More Physical Damage and Physical to Lightning

"
xMustard wrote:

to deal with the resistances you just need to socket a curse or two of penetration, like elemental weakness and flammability. wham bam thank you ma'am. im now much more damaging than what i'd be if i was pure physical. and im talking MUCH more damaging.

You have much more tooltip dps, but I'm not so sure you are strictly doing more damage than a pure phys build. Instead of wasting a curse with flammability I can use Assasin's Mark which is a huge boost and at the same time I naturally penetrate my target's armour with my crits, because of the way armour works in this game.

Phys damage supports are few, but since I only have a 5link the situation is manageable for me. :)
Only crit damage, faster attacks, melee phys and multistrike. Whoever has a 6link can bother with coming up with a decent 5th support :)
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
You have much more tooltip dps, but I'm not so sure you are strictly doing more damage than a pure phys build. Instead of wasting a curse with flammability I can use Assasin's Mark which is a huge boost and at the same time I naturally penetrate my target's armour with my crits, because of the way armour works in this game.

Phys damage supports are few, but since I only have a 5link the situation is manageable for me. :)
Only crit damage, faster attacks, melee phys and multistrike. Whoever has a 6link can bother with coming up with a decent 5th support :)

i have much more tooltip damage (not necessarily dps, i don't shoot for "damage per second" but "damage per hit") than a physical build.
about wasting a curse, i hear ya - assassin's mark i think is better overall because not only does it give you much higher crit chance, good crit dmg, but also gives you sustain with mana and life on kill.
however i use three curses, so i use assassin's mark, elemental weakness AND flammability for my burning arrow/herald of ash. haha

one thing that is absolutely certain is you get much more damage/dps when using physical damage weapons and converting its damage to elemental than you do going straight elemental. the potential for elemental damage on weapons is not very high (180-200 dps for really great rolls) compared to physical, then converting.
I wouldn't have thought about extra curses(but a phys build can also use a ele weakness + vulnerability for extra dmg). It is a bore just to curse a single time. I wouldn't ever want to play your build :D
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jul 10, 2015, 6:56:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info