More Physical Damage and Physical to Lightning

Hello,

I was wondering how the calculation of more physical damage works, when used with physical to lightining. Like I would like to know what gets calculated first.

If I use static strike, have frenzy charges or use Phase run and it gives me like e.g. 20% more physical damage and I use the physical to lightning gem. Does the game first calculate the physical damage including the more physical part and converts all that phys damage to lightning then or does it convert my physical damage to lightning and then uses the puny part that is left and increases that with the more part ?

TY
Last edited by bmengler on Jul 9, 2015, 7:21:15 AM
Neither.

Conversion occurs first.
Converted Damage benefits from modifiers to the source-type.
Thx, I was confused because I was sure that when I take physical damage in the skill tree, my lightning damage increases even though I use the physical to lightning gem.
All conversions are done before any increased/more dmg stuff is applied.

What the game is doing basically:

If you convert 100% of phys to lightning, then you can increased the dmg by:

Any more modifier phys/lightning
Any increased modifier phys/lightning

Lets say you doing 100 phys and make a 100% conv to light. Furthermore using melee phys gem, 50% increased melee phys and 50% increased lightning damage. Then the final output is:

100 * mele phys gem *(1 + 0,5 + 0.5)
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

first conversion happens

the converted lightning damage benefits from both lightning and physical increases / more multipliers

the physical damage only from physical
thx guys =)
Wait a minute. Are you guys saying that the converted damage benefits both from mods to the source and mods to the destination? Or just mods to the source?
Man does not stop playing because he grows old. He grows old because he stops playing. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Yeah what's going on? Physical damage converted to lightning can still be increased by +phys? It's lightning damage now, why does that work? If 50% phys is converted to lightning then the 50% phys remaining should be increased by +phys, not the lightning damage too.
"
MrSparkle001 wrote:
Yeah what's going on? Physical damage converted to lightning can still be increased by +phys? It's lightning damage now, why does that work? If 50% phys is converted to lightning then the 50% phys remaining should be increased by +phys, not the lightning damage too.

phys damage is only increased by phys

converted lightning dmg by both physical and lightning adds
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
MrSparkle001 wrote:

phys damage is only increased by phys

converted lightning dmg by both physical and lightning adds

Which is calculated just like applying the increased/more modifiers to phys damage and then applying the conversion and its modifiers to light damage, right? I've always "loved" the backwards logic patterns in this game...
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jul 9, 2015, 12:16:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info