[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

i recommend putting the knockback support gem into totems for more survival

i am doing daily master missions with it, no other build allowed me to do it

the totems with knockback allow me to shrug off the melee minions
"
evilmindcz wrote:
"
MuskelGallom wrote:
Why is it better to use faster projectiles instead of lmp ?

best regards

Increases range of totem. A lot. So more safety for caster! :)

But less damage, right ?
Hi everybody,

How we can use herald of thunder if we can't do damage, shock and kill directly?How trigger it?
"
Thaumasios wrote:
Hi everybody,

How we can use herald of thunder if we can't do damage, shock and kill directly?How trigger it?

herald of thunder ads some lightning damage to spells so its rather a spell buff for us then an attack

we also use its secondary component, which is triggered upon killing an enemy with the shocked status. The skill then casts Lightning bolts which deal lightning damage to enemies in an AoE similar to the Nemesis buff Storm Herald

altough we cant shock with heralds dmg (iirc) but we can shock via lightning dmg added by items

you coul also use herald of ice, but iirc it has lower dmg added to spells
"
dzidek1983 wrote:
"
Thaumasios wrote:
Hi everybody,

herald of thunder ads some lightning damage to spells so its rather a spell buff for us then an attack

we also use its secondary component, which is triggered upon killing an enemy with the shocked status. The skill then casts Lightning bolts which deal lightning damage to enemies in an AoE similar to the Nemesis buff Storm Herald

altough we cant shock with heralds dmg (iirc) but we can shock via lightning dmg added by items

you coul also use herald of ice, but iirc it has lower dmg added to spells

Thank's a lot man!!!HAve a nice day!
Hello,
I'm running similar setup with Scion as a start and dual curse. My gear needs improvements but I have 8k dps on totem + 2 curse if need be.
I struggle with 2 things in maps currently:
1. fast / charging enemies that usually kill my totems very fast (especially Rhoas)
2. Monster packs with "Other allies can't die" aura or totem nearby

I'm especially interested in how to deal with 2nd point above as rare monsters with such affix in combination with large monster packs are big headache for me.

This is solid guide that helped me to finally decide to play totem build. Thank you for it.
Last edited by Baron01 on Aug 5, 2015, 9:51:10 AM
"
Baron01 wrote:
Hello,
I'm running similar setup with Scion as a start and dual curse. My gear needs improvements but I have 8k dps on totem + 2 curse if need be.
I struggle with 2 things in maps currently:
1. fast / charging enemies that usually kill my totems very fast (especially Rhoas)
2. Monster packs with "Other allies can't die" aura or totem nearby

I'm especially interested in how to deal with 2nd point above as rare monsters with such affix in combination with large monster packs are big headache for me.

This is solid guide that helped me to finally decide to play totem build. Thank you for it.

i had good results with knockback support gem on totems to keep the melee chargers away from totems and me :)
did you try the slowing curse temporal chains?

i use/and saw other also do it:
- raising zombies with minion life and resistances as tanks
- use corpse explosion for additoinal DPS
- use SRS for additonal DPS
"

why not just use Power Siphon and Assasins Mark?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/274077
Power Siphon will do no damage. It will still hit things, and still has culling strike (kill things if on 10% or lower life after being hit), so it can still kill things and thus grant you power charges.

I'd have to do some testing with Assassin's Mark but I think the -44% fire resist from Flammability might be better. If I was running the 100% chaos setup then AM for sure. As for Power Siphon, I'll give it a try but from what I read on the wiki you only get one power charge per cast even with LMP/GMP. I can get all four power charges in one cast with Ice Spear and I can have them at the start of the fight, Power Siphon will require I've killed something recently to have them. It also doesn't help on long boss fights with nothing easy to kill because they'll fall off, while with Ice Spear I can refresh the whole fight. I mean ideally you could use both, but I'm already hurting for gem spots trying to get Lightning Warp back on somewhere.
Last edited by widds on Aug 5, 2015, 12:57:45 PM
any1 tried using a empower gem linked to flame totem?
Great guide!

Just hit lvl 70, first character, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best order to acquire the recommended uniques? Apep's wand first? The shield? Soul Mantle?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info