[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Vinski wrote:
Okay can I get some help understanding weapons and stuff?

My wand with:
15% Spell Damage
48% Psyical Damage
Adds 4-92 Lightning Damage to Spells
Adds 7-16 Physical Damage
25% increased Crit Strike Chance
+79 To Accuracy Rating

Gives me 3,709.3 Damage on my Flame Totem

But this wand that I would assume is better:
17% Spell Damage
16% Spell Damage
12% Fire Damage
Adds 2-21 Lightning Damage to Spells
30% Increased Critical Strike Chance

only gives me 3,622.6

I try to follow the priority guide on the video. But it would seem that the first wand is better still? Can anyone explain?

In the first wand, the stats that help your fire totem are the spell damage, and the flat lightning damage range. The other stats do not affect your flame totem (note, the crit chance is not a global crit chance, its a crit chance boost for your wand if you used your wand as a weapon for attacks).

For the second wand, the spell damages and the fire damages enhance your flame totem, and the flat lightning damage range. Again, the crit chance here does not enhance your flame totem crit chance (as above).

The reason the first wand outperforms, is because the flat damage boost to spells (in both cases, lightning damage) is a much bigger contributor to DPS than the combined differences in spell/fire % damages.

Flat damage to spells is awesome and only gets better as you stack cast speed.

P.
"
piotras wrote:
Hi there, I've found these recently

and I'm considering to buy a cloak of flame because (besides being cheap) it would give a semi-permanent 40% increased faster casting, i.e. 20% per ring when you're ignited, the rings give 50% chance to being ignited, while the cloak turns 20% of incoming phys damage into fire which means that every other hit would ignite me.

The problem is of course survivability. Anyone tried / considers it worth the effort?

anyone tried the cloak of flame + rings approach? From the looks of it the infernal mantle looks like a much more solid option end game... but it's so fun to maintain burning state and the damage buff is quite intense.
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
Great guide overall, thx for that, enjoying your build a lot.
Just one reminder for ppl if you dont have to, do not link Herald of Thunder with increase duration. (the guide says to get 4link, but its should be 3link with one free socket for HoT)
Hi, im pretty new to PoE (or at least after long break, but in these times was new also :D ).. Using your build in Hardcore so far, went everything pretty well. Just wanted to ask for advice, maybe could some spells could be added for defense (because playing hardcore), to keep monster near totems, or atleast away from me.
I also wanted to ask, why Blood magic is crucial? I find running no extra auras for teammates / yourself is a negative thing. Or?
Can som1 post again a revised build to go crit?
IGN- HeartUnderBladeShinobu

My shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1000958
Standard Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/499992
Where do you guys get all your int at? Rocking 152 with 200+ needed for nice wands.
I have a limited number of Gemcutter's Prisms. Which gem should be improved first to gain the highest return for totems?
Sorry for the noob question, but since you have Fire Penetration on the Flame Totem, is Flammability really worth using over a more defensive curse like Temporal Chains or Enfeeble? Or maybe swapping Fire Penetration for LMP/GMP (which does lose the fire resist bypass against curse immune mobs but gives better aoe clearing)?
"
WolfeDude wrote:
I have a limited number of Gemcutter's Prisms. Which gem should be improved first to gain the highest return for totems?

Faster Casting and Faster Projectiles both give 10% cast speed when 20% quality. I would start there.

If they have 0% quality I'd rather turn them in for lvl 1 q20 and re-level.

You can also get a 20/20 for 1 ex wich is less than 20 gc.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info