(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

just recently got back to game after being missing for a year, using this or similar build, can you give some advice about gear and passives respec?

Lighty, why do you have so many duelist variations e.g. duelist
mace, axe, sword, marauder mace... etc? Which works best? Im so lost
with what I should pick lol. What do you think about Duelist Dagger+Shield
cyclone?
One think i can say is, there is no "best build"

"
Therian wrote:
I am curious why don't you use increased area of effect? Wouldn't having a larger cyclone damage area speed up runs? 20% gives 10% dmg as well.

I was thinking gem layout would be
blood magic - life on hit - cyclone - fortify - melee physical - increased area of effect

I primarily use Increased area of effect as it makes clearing trash much quicker. Having the blue socket also lets me swap in concentrated affect for bosses, and item rarity for mfing if I wanted. I'm using faster attacks instead of loh as it doesnt seem needed at this point
Okay my feedback on uber bosses, I died 4 times on my way to the vaals and twice on the vaals themselves - You can't face tank anything, waiting for your video :D
sadly i cant find any currenct cyclone video on ubers from warbands so i coudlnt tailor my build etc

gear:
Spoiler

Talents: your talents pretty much except for lacking 1 jewel 2 phys damage and 1 hp node sine im only 92
Anyone try Evasion/Dodge at higher levels instead of high hp and armour? With 50% attack dodge and 54% spell dodge I still have 5k hp. I just can't really tell the difference but figured I would try it since physical dmg wasn't much of a problem it was mainly them spells.
"
blingi wrote:

Is Devoto's really that great? I've been thinking about it but it ends up decreasing my damage as well as costing me a lot of resists (not overcapped for reduced elemental resist anymore) and no life roll so the only real advantage would be the movement speed, right?
Is that really worth losing resists, life and damage?

You're not alone. I also dont like Devoto so much, I think a good rare is better. Devoto is good for chaos resistance and attack speed which boosts damage, and also have a bonus movement speed, so it's an excelet helm too.
However if I would ever use devoto, I would also use daresso and going with Iron reflexes plus maybe grace aura for more armour. I prefer the other setup with rare armour helm and Kaom's Heart or Lightning Coil or even Belly.

"
stephenp1983 wrote:

Ive also been playing around with different techniques for endurance charges without Daresso's. I wantd to try something besides leapslam, and suprisingly sweep has worked really well. I'm doing sweep, increased area of effect, stun, and enduance charge on melee stun. I loose the mobility of leapslam, but other than that it seems to work well for quickly generating endurance charges and stun locking groups.

Imho leap slam is by far superior with this setup. Reason is for sweep you need first to run right into the middle of the mob, so exposing yourself to ranged hits in the way and more important, being stunned/shocked to the death before you can cast sweep. I think leap slap let you just jump in the middle and stunning them in the same move, and generating a charge anyway, giving you time to cast enduring cry manually on the process. Then, you just need a leap slam every 15 seconds or so to maintain all the charges before the expiring time. I think this is a better way to approach every mob before they hit you a lot. But just my opinion, im not an expert.

"
xmh911111 wrote:
"
Valmar wrote:
"
Moksu wrote:

Does attack speed have any effect on the Cyclone?

Of course it has. Aprox take into account +1% attack speed is like +2% added physical damage, barring other more complicated things like procs and that.

With more attack speed, you are generating more hits in the same amount of time, so more dps.

what auras are better? Haste or HOA? since you talked about AS is important.

Well im not Lighty, Im not a guru nor expert, just another guy like you trying to learn, so take my words for what they worth. Haste is good ofc, but the sad part is 50% reduced mana. With HoA you can throw another aura like Arctic Armour that gives you chilled bonus, so imho the choose is having a nive movility for fun and fast map clearing with haste or being more defensive with HoA + AA (or Determination or Purity of some element for some maps or setups). Each style fits better or worse for different people I think.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Jul 29, 2015, 5:54:27 PM
I got a newbie question, how does cwdt works?

How do you get both auras and Herald of ash? I have all the aura passives, but I am still lacking 3% mana. Currently I am sitting at 41% for both Haste and Anger, and 21% for HoA..

What am I missing here to get them all going at the same time?
Domination League - Typeo_VonSpellsWorth
"
Taintertots wrote:
How do you get both auras and Herald of ash? I have all the aura passives, but I am still lacking 3% mana. Currently I am sitting at 41% for both Haste and Anger, and 21% for HoA..

What am I missing here to get them all going at the same time?

We are talking about:

*Hatred (50%) + Haste (50%)

or

*Hatred (50%) + Herald of Ash (25%) + Arctic Armour (50%)

or even

*Hatred (50%) + Determination (50%) for some maps or builds

I think Lighty rebuild his guide saying taking mana reserve nodes for extra auras doesn't worth the invest.

IGN: Gonorreitor

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info