(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Atsuta wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
Well first off thanks and overall I would drop herald of ashe and aa for haste although like you stated the chill on ground can be useful defensively. Mings and death rush are great overall ( not like capped chaos res is needed ). As far as cog + nova i would just run warlords with cwdt lv1 although the obvious downside is with cwdt + curse the curse is only lv5 and for coh ice nova cwdt it can be lv20. That being said you may be able to find more use for the extra 2 links with cwdt + curse if you run them strait up. your gear looks good overall but your weapon is lacking ( which im sure you realized ). Leveling with multi cursing is always preferable but like you said, its a luxury!

Will probably end up moving on from HoA + AA once I develop my health pool a bit more, as the chilled ground and Hypothermia freeze procs are doing a lot of work in the survivability department. Capped Chaos Res is a bit more of a gimmick as I've been playing with -60% my entire PoE career.

Definitely going to go with the CWDT + low Level Curse. Going to play around with Warlord's Mark, Enfeeble, and Temporal Chains to see which one I like best. Going to try Shock Nova + Innervate linked to it just to see how reliable the Shock + Onslaught proc is (would let me drop Death Rush for a second Ming's or a rare ring), but will probably end up using the extra slots for Vengeance or my Auras.

I'm thinking about moving all my buffs into a 5link which would open up room for a high level CWDT or a utility Vengeance set up.

As far as weapon goes I'd unfortunately need to invest about 3ex for a significant upgrade. I think I need to upgrade my Boots and replace my Chest with a Belly, Kaom's, or a 6l Rare before I even look at my weapon.

Cwdt + low level curse seems the way to go, let me know show the shock nova + innervate combo works for you. I would run kaoms for a body but if you enjoy using a secondary 6l belly would fair the best.
LightyGaming.com
"
Moreus wrote:
Hey Lighty, is this build viable for Warbands?

100%, warbands is just a temporary standard league and this build fairs especially well considering it can operate completely off rares and while playing self found.
LightyGaming.com
"
Wayn091 wrote:
"
Moreus wrote:
Hey Lighty, is this build viable for Warbands?

Absolutely, Warbands is just a standard league, why wouldn't it be viable? :)

^ Hes correct ^
LightyGaming.com
"
hi lighty congrats for the build !

I'm lvl 90 in warbands and still running duelist axe tree what is the perfect gem setup u suggest me?coz i see u change ur mind about stun and herald of ash.. glad to know what is ur last definitive build for gems :)

thanks again and keep up the good work bro peace.

Everything in the gems & links section as of now is it. For auras i would suggest Hatred + Hoa + another 25% aura (hoi/hot/aa). I run hatred - haste because i really dont need the dps and just want the movement speed. Vengeance + endurance charge on melee stun + leapslam + stun/bloodmagic works fine for that setup, if you only run hoa you can drop bloodmagic or fortify or stun if you so choose.
LightyGaming.com
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
sry Lighty but it's bullshit to drop HoA, you loose some of your consistent aoe dmg, as Cyclone has a max target number, dropping it, is lowering clear speed

if you play in parties haste is nice, but for solo play HoA is BiS
just like AA, a lot of Monsters can hit for 5k+
so 13% additional mitigation can make the difference

Unless you have extremely good gear and more than enough dps Hatred + HoA is best, i really dont need the extra dps from hoa and much rather have the movement speed from haste. AA doesn't provide any mitigation when your moving ( which is always ) but the chilled ground isn't bad defensively.
LightyGaming.com
"
FrozenShivers wrote:
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
sry Lighty but it's bullshit to drop HoA, you loose some of your consistent aoe dmg, as Cyclone has a max target number, dropping it, is lowering clear speed

if you play in parties haste is nice, but for solo play HoA is BiS
just like AA, a lot of Monsters can hit for 5k+
so 13% additional mitigation can make the difference

Apart from the slow, I can't see how AA would be much use, since it only works whilst your player remains static currently?

This is true, AA's damage mitigation doesn't apply while your in motion however the chilled ground does.
LightyGaming.com
"
tyvar1 wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
no idea what that number is but thanks buddy!
haha it is the PayPal confirmation number :D

LightyGaming.com
"
Gripen2 wrote:
Heya, i use this build and its the best i've had. I occasionally check this thread for updates and i see you removed Unwavering Stance, why's that?

While your cycloning your immune to both stun and knock-back so it isn't necessary
LightyGaming.com
"
Tinalin wrote:
Hi Lighty,

I've been playing your build in Tempest and it's really awesome - I'm currently approaching level 80.

What do you think of these slight changes to the hardcore skill tree?

Updated tree:
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBBLMFLQU8CZYLYQxfDjwRGhPJFCAUTRRxGJEcpy5TNZI5DjpSOuE8BTwtPfxAoEd-SHhN41BHU6VXVFhjXhNfP2EhYVJlTWWnaGVo8nKpc2t07Xaseu982YIHg1-DzITZhO-FUoZgh2qKs4zPkGyTqJd5ogCmV6knqZStja5Qr2y3PryfvTa-p8BmxFjE9sVTxq7G2M9-02_Yvdlh2Xzawdwy5FHqGOsJ7w7vTu988B_yQfJF8932SPcy-Ov8S_4K_mv-j2RSwaPiYTB3Wf4hVdw9B3XAppLQEuG77ZHOrKpZ8xo4kFUnL58-LdI=

What you lose
- 4 damage nodes north of Slaughter
- 3 damage nodes west of Wrecking Ball
- 1 str node and 4 life + skill cost reduction nodes around Unrelenting

What you gain
- 2 str nodes and 3 life nodes north of Resolute Technique
- 3 endurance charges + increased duration and life regen

In total...

Option 1
134% increased physical damage with axes
20% increased stun duration on enemies
20% increased damage against enemies on low life
+10 strength
20% increased maximum life
15% reduced mana cost of skills

vs

Option 2
20% increased maximum life
+40 strength
3% increased effect of auras
36% increased endurance charge duration
+3 maximum endurance charges
0.2% of maximum life regenerated per second per endurance charge

With option 2 enduring cry would be used to maintain 6 endurance charges (7 with Oak merc)

My cyclone tooltip dps is currently around 9k and I'm not really finding damage to be much of a problem. On the other hand the added endurance charges could be the difference between life and death.

What are your thoughts on this? For Tempest, is the extra damage and reduced skill cost worth it at the expense of the endurance charges?

Your tree is 100% fine and is just a safer even so alternative, ive been looking into going hyper safe and going bloodmagic for thge 45% increased life behind it, endurance charges are very good though, i just find enduring cry lackluster after the spell echo nerf.
LightyGaming.com
"
CommodoX wrote:
"
Gripen2 wrote:
i see you removed Unwavering Stance, why's that?

You can't be stunned while cycloning.

This is very true, although there is some merit to getting unwavering stance if your farming atziri heavily as her spears and trio fight can/will stun you into some tricky situations.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jul 25, 2015, 10:55:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info