(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

I'm finding that Added Fire Damage is not as good as Concentrated effect or Increased Area of Effect. Both of these gems increase Cyclone's DPS quite a bit more so there's really no room for Added Fire Damage. Also, why use Fortify with Cyclone? Tying it to Leap Slam and Leaping into mobs to get the buff seems better than giving up a socket to it.

Currently I use:

(Don't mind the CoH, I had warlord's mark in there and replaced it with Fortify. Looking for something to put in place of CoH)

I also noticed that you're not using immortal call or molten shell. I find using an immortal call and molten shell CwDT gives much needed survivability when casting enduring cry manually after leaping into mobs.

Also, Herald of Ash is a huge DPS bonus over Haste. Haste is giving me maybe 1k dps while Herald is around 3-4k.

Using Hatred and Herald seem to be the best thing to do.

Also, how do you deal with the lack of ARMOR on your Chest piece? I'm finding that running less than 7k armor leaves me fairly vulnerably. Chests like Carcass and Kaom's Heart leave me with 2k less armor.
Last edited by Cirdecus on Jul 24, 2015, 10:21:00 AM
i asked on anotheer thread.. bloodlust doesnt work with disfavour since it has bleeding by iteslf?
"
Enwx wrote:
i asked on anotheer thread.. bloodlust doesnt work with disfavour since it has bleeding by iteslf?

The skill linked to Bloodlust cannot provide the bleed, so Cyclone would not provide it. However, you can Leap Slam into the mobs while wearing disfavour and Leap will apply the bleed, then you can Cyclone for the increased DPS of bloodlust.

I planned on trying this and seeing if there is room for Bloodlust in my Disfavour.

It's also worth mentioning the Vengeance would cause bleed as well.

I honestly think the best way to play is to leap into mobs to apply fortify and bleed and then cyclone, leap, cyclone, leap cyclone, etc.
Last edited by Cirdecus on Jul 24, 2015, 10:28:32 AM
well i try both and i cant figure out which works better..

With bloodlust i have 29k dps and with fortify i have 31k clearspeed seems same though...

there is a difference on quality and level though
I'm planning to use this build (Hardcore Marauder axe version) for my Tempest character and i have couple changes in mind. I'm quite new to PoE and would love to hear feedback about my changes and any advice from those who play this/similar build on Tempest.
I'm mostly playing Warbands and don't plan leveling much over 85 or so. Here's my planned lvl 90 skilltree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBBLMFLQU8B3UJlgthDF8OPBLhE0wTyRQgFE0UcRfhGJEcpyFVJvgnICz7MHc5DjpSOuE8BTwtPfxAoEa3R35IeE4yUEdTpVdUWGNZ_l4TXz9hIWFSZFJlTWWnaGVo8nKpdO12rHrvfNmCB4Nfg8yE2YTvhVKGYIdqiiKKs4zPkGyRzpLQk6iXeaIAouqmV6knqZStja5Qr2y3PrvtvJ-9Nr6nwGbApsGjxFjE9sVTxq7G2M9-02_Yvdlh2XzcMtw94mHkUeoY6wnvDu9O73zwH_JB8kXz3fZI9zL46_xL_gr-aw==
Last edited by Gunteraz on Jul 24, 2015, 10:52:55 AM
"
Gunteraz wrote:
I'm planning to use this build (Hardcore Marauder axe version) for my Tempest character and i have couple changes in mind. I'm quite new to PoE and would love to hear feedback about my changes and any advice from those who play this/similar build on Tempest.
I'm mostly playing Warbands and don't plan leveling much over 85 or so. Here's my planned lvl 90 skilltree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBBLMFLQU8B3UJlgthDF8OPBLhE0wTyRQgFE0UcRfhGJEcpyFVJvgnICz7MHc5DjpSOuE8BTwtPfxAoEa3R35IeE4yUEdTpVdUWGNZ_l4TXz9hIWFSZFJlTWWnaGVo8nKpdO12rHrvfNmCB4Nfg8yE2YTvhVKGYIdqiiKKs4zPkGyRzpLQk6iXeaIAouqmV6knqZStja5Qr2y3PrvtvJ-9Nr6nwGbApsGjxFjE9sVTxq7G2M9-02_Yvdlh2XzcMtw94mHkUeoY6wnvDu9O73zwH_JB8kXz3fZI9zL46_xL_gr-aw==

Looks pretty solid. Depending on how your resistances on gear play out, consider taking the resistance nodes near the marauder start.

Take a look at mine:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAecEswUtB3ULYQxfDc0TTBQgFE0X4RiRGjgaPhpVHKccziFVJvgnICcvK1As-zB3Nug8BTwtPfxAoEd-TjJQR1OlVw1YY1nzWf5eE18_YSFhUmRSZU1lp2ebaPJyqXTtdqx4enrve3R82YIHg1-DzITZhO-GYIdqiiKQVZHOns2iAKcwqSeplKyqrY2uPq5Qr2yvp7c-u-28n702vqfAZsCmwaPEFcRYxPbGrsbYz37SIdi92WHawdw94mHkUeoY7w7vfPAf8i_yQfZI9zL46_xL_gr-VA==
I found that by taking a hit in area range and taking off Increased Area Effect, I can take my DPS up by 10k by adding Added Fire. However, my cyclone is very narrow now. This will be great on bosses, but I think clearing will be a bit less efficient.

I'm finding it hard to determine whether swapping out Added Fire for Bloodlust is better. The tooltip doesn't represent the added damage to bleed enemies, so I can't tell how much it's actually adding.
Cast When Damage Taken has it been nerfed? I put it with warlords mark (still in the sqiushy stages of build) and I don't see it being cast even though I'm getting hit hard enough for it to cast.
I have a question guys. I never played melee character before, only magic. And I have no idea how mechanic for cyclone works.

The build is not cheap one considering atziri axe and/or good 6l armor. The dps tooltip is 30-40k in 6l. Are these 30k dps enough for 78-79 hard maps ?

Because if we compare it to some magic builds which can easy get 100-200k dps..

Sorry if the question is stupid, but as I said I never played melee, and these 30k tooltips look very strange to me.
IGN: Summonium
Dear people,

Out of state for a day ( you will miss me ), will return july 25th at night. Will Answer ALL forum questions and make adjustments to the build page based of incoming info when I return. Keep the questions coming boys/girls.

P.S
So i'll answer some stuff ive briefly read as i run out the door, hoa > haste for dps, i run haste because i dont need dps and i need to clear faster (headhunter give me 150kdps sometimes). bleed tool tip is never right and doesn't show, added fire is prob still more flat dps increase, gota test to be sure. Build is as cheap/expensive as you make it, can be 100% rares self found if you want or full mirror op gear, you'll be fine either way. i can clear 80+ vaal'd maps no prob, my gear vs. your gear so that means nothing. Gl with staying alive in tempest, don't kill yourself Irl in failbands, praise rngesus.

P.P.S
Added "Scheduling Updates" section at the top of the 2nd reserved area for my availability updates.

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jul 24, 2015, 3:24:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info