(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Slowdice2 wrote:
Thanks Archimtiros.

I only have 11 Chaos, 2 Exalts and around 80 Jewellers and Fusing Orbs.
I have baught only 1 Last one Standing Card.

The Cards are down to 18 Chaos each so I can get an Atziri for ~180 Chaos.
But than I have to get it 6S 6L...

Alternative you can get a 6L Hezmana for ~ 5-6 Exalts.

There is also a 6L Hezmana corrupted for 2 Exalts with 6 red sockets. I have enough currency but I could not use that one until I get Vorici from Level 6 to 8... Than I may have to use Vaal orbs and Chromatic Orbs.

Or a 530 pDPS rare Axe for 4 Exalts that I could use with the BM Keystone.

Don't know if anything of that is still available when I got enough currency and if it takes longer to get 4 Exalts or to Level Vorici from 6 to 8 ;)

The Atziri would be the dream but I am not playing that much. A 4L Atziri would be atainable.

Generally in terms of damage, links are more important than the weapons. Atziri is a great weapon, but 4 or 5L is straight up going to be weaker than a 5 or 6L Hezmana. Also keep in mind that Hezmana is actually really strong due to the free link, only ~10% behind Atrizi (although Atziri takes an edge in clear speed due to extra range and the bleed killing things further away).

Personally, I'd just grab a Hezmana and 5L it yourself, which should be relatively cheap to do on your own. That'll be enough to carry you until you work up enough currency to start looking into buying or crafting a 6L Atziri/crafted weapon. With all the damage bonuses in Ascendancy, and Hezmana's free Blood Magic, only having a 5L won't hold you back.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Apr 29, 2016, 7:25:56 PM
Maybe an Hezmana Axe would have been a better and easier to obtain solution.

But I have already bought a few more “Last one Standing” Cards. I was able to get the last one on Monday for only 10 Chaos and have payed ~170 Chaos for all 10 in total.

I burned my ~100 Jeweller’s; ~60 Fusion and ~40 Chromatic Orbs. Only have a separate 4 Link and a 2 Link at the moment but at least I already have 6 Sockets and the Colors I was aiming for. I am able to use it for Cyclone as the 4 Link is GRRR.

The Atziri is cool and it is a small project now to get it 5-6 Linked for me ;)

I can’t use it yet as I have to climb 1 level (Level 74 now). With Hatred and Blood Rage / without Flasks I have ~26k DPS using a 4 Link Kaom. And I don’t have any Axe Passives. So I am curious now what the DPS would be if I could swap the Kaom with my new Axe 

I don't know how to link an Item.

Spoiler

Ok, seems that has worked out :)
Last edited by Slowdice2 on May 3, 2016, 7:32:42 AM
I find gearing the most difficult(well, not really difficult but more of a balancing act). Lvl 84 Zerker here. It's an ongoing project gearing wise. It was my main for PSC and I really love it :D. Thanks for the guide! Doing 65k+ dmg atm fully buffed and running at 5.3k hp, still trying to get new gear to cap res.

My Gear

Last edited by outspokened on May 5, 2016, 2:12:37 AM
Hi!

I got an Arctic Armour Enchantment but I am using the BM Keystone so I don't have Arctic Armour. As I am using a Worm ring the Reserved Mana would still be high.

Do you think I should sell the Helm and buy a new one or overide the Enchantment on my next Lab?

Spoiler

Apologies for the lack of activity from myself on the forum these path few weeks, been dealing with moving and a serious of family related incidents. Thanks to @Archimtiros for helping with questions as always. I'll be back to responding to daily questions within a few days.

Regards,

Lighty
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
Apologies for the lack of activity from myself on the forum these path few weeks, been dealing with moving and a serious of family related incidents. Thanks to @Archimtiros for helping with questions as always. I'll be back to responding to daily questions within a few days.

Regards,

Lighty

Hey man, no worries, Family is more important and answers to our questions can wait anyways.

Anyways, I just got this baby for cheap(like 1ex or so). 6-link ilvl 83 coronal. How many alts did you sink in to get to that nice t1 phys roll?

My best roll so far is a 'Cruel' prefix.
edit: Scoured the mace and alt-spammed it a bit and got this!
Last edited by outspokened on May 11, 2016, 9:04:40 PM
Hey guys!

Just checking in after quite a bit of radio silence. I just want to say, that I am still having a LOT of fun with this build. I recently hit 98 on PSC league and currently have 47 deaths.
I have taken up the Blood Magic passive version of the build.

Now, I have a major gem setup question for Lighty/anyone else that has tried any of the following setups.

GGRRRB
Cyclone- Faster Attacks- Melee Physical Damage- Added Fire Damage- Weapon Elemental Damage- Concentrated Effect
^Was using this setup for the longest time, and pretty happy with it. However, after looking through various other posts/build setups I am trying to increase my overall DPS.

Which brings me to...

GGRRBB (Currently Using)
Cyclone- Faster Attacks- Melee Physical Damage- Added Fire Damage- Concentrated Effect- Elemental Focus
^This setup can also swap out Elemental Focus for Increased AOE gem and I KNOW that will be a DPS loss but a QOL gain.

Regarding setup 2, it wastes my boot enchantment because I have the 8% to Freeze/Shock/Ignite on recent Non Crits. So I am tempted to say setup 1 is 'better.' That is because with Faster Attacks, I have about 7 attacks per second, which is over 50% chance to shock on a boss, which may be a huge non-tooltip dps buff.

In the past, I have dabbled with Bloodlust and Hypothermia, simply because they use the MORE modifier as opposed to INCREASED. Not sure how much credit I should give to Elemental Focus.

TL/DR: Which setup will give the most RAW amount of damage, mostly by eyeing the tooltip.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by andrew8448 on May 14, 2016, 5:46:06 PM
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Hey guys!

Just checking in after quite a bit of radio silence. I just want to say, that I am still having a LOT of fun with this build. I recently hit 98 on PSC league and currently have 47 deaths.
I have taken up the Blood Magic passive version of the build.

Now, I have a major gem setup question for Lighty/anyone else that has tried any of the following setups.

GGRRRB
Cyclone- Faster Attacks- Melee Physical Damage- Added Fire Damage- Weapon Elemental Damage- Concentrated Effect
^Was using this setup for the longest time, and pretty happy with it. However, after looking through various other posts/build setups I am trying to increase my overall DPS.

Which brings me to...

GGRRBB (Currently Using)
Cyclone- Faster Attacks- Melee Physical Damage- Added Fire Damage- Concentrated Effect- Elemental Focus
^This setup can also swap out Elemental Focus for Increased AOE gem and I KNOW that will be a DPS loss but a QOL gain.

Regarding setup 2, it wastes my boot enchantment because I have the 8% to Freeze/Shock/Ignite on recent Non Crits. So I am tempted to say setup 1 is 'better.' That is because with Faster Attacks, I have about 7 attacks per second, which is over 50% chance to shock on a boss, which may be a huge non-tooltip dps buff.

In the past, I have dabbled with Bloodlust and Hypothermia, simply because they use the MORE modifier as opposed to INCREASED. Not sure how much credit I should give to Elemental Focus.

TL/DR: Which setup will give the most RAW amount of damage, mostly by eyeing the tooltip.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated!

The first; Weapon Elemental Damage is simply better than Elemental Focus.

WED adds 59% more elemental damage at L20, EF adds only 49% and removes Cyclones ability to inflict status ailments, including Chill from Hatred (though Arctic Armor will still work).

If you want to work in Increased AoE, the general strategy is to swap out Concentrated Effect when mapping, and slot it back in for bosses.

Bloodlust is decent if you have a way to proccing Bleed, but unfortunately that's only really viable if you're using Atziri's Disfavour, and also requires you to initiate with Leap Slam to proc the bleed, since Bloodlust disables it on Cyclone. It's generally more trouble than it's worth.

Hypothermia is technically stronger than WED or EF, even though it's multiplier is lower because it affects all damage rather than just elemental, but has a significant drawback: the target must be chilled. Taken from the FAQ on the first page:

"
Lighty wrote:
Q: Whats up with Hypothermia?

A: So I like hypo for the 5th/6th slot if your running AA only and even then I have an issue with its radius compared to the radius of cyclone. Your cyclone's spin is larger than that of AA's chilled ground applied beneath you, because of this often mobs are killed prior to being within the chilled ground. That changes for party play and unique/boss mobs where there life pool is large enough to sustain multiple hits. So I suggest having faster attacks as your 5th/6th slot and swapping in hypo when playing in a group or for larger enemies to improve your single target. The more multiplier on it is very enticing and some players have even worked in Cwdt + arctic breath setups into there play to up the odds of enemies being chilled while mainlining hypo instead of keeping it in inventory to swap.

In other words, it's doable, but not really worth the hassle for how unreliable it is.
Last edited by Archimtiros on May 17, 2016, 2:31:46 AM
Thank you for the very informative reply, Archhimtiros!

I can't believe I missed the 10% difference between EF and WED!

Another question would be, is it ever better to pick Faster Attacks over WED?
Should I run:

GGRRRB

or

GGRRBB

EDIT: I went back to GGRRRB for now, simply because it lets me map with Flicker Strike, Ice Bite, Multi Strike, Melee Splash, Melee Physical Damage, and Item Rarity for fast clears/easy maps.

My cyclone setup is going to be Cyclone, Faster Attacks, Melee Physical, Added Fire, WED, and Conc/AOE
Last edited by andrew8448 on May 17, 2016, 7:02:14 PM
Finally hit 90 with this build. I think it's just the gearing that I struggle with since I find it hard to find upgrades. 6.1k HP and I can hit about 100k tooltip dps fully buffed inc. flask effects. The coronal maul is a WiP. Is it worthy of multi-modding? If so, what should I get?

Here's my current stuff at 90:

My Gear

Last edited by outspokened on May 18, 2016, 3:06:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info