(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

So I have been playing around with Vaal Lightning Strike as people are saying good things about it.

Right now I have it linked to multistrike, melee physical, and WED. I cannot figure out if it is even doing anything.

When I use it, I see a few strikes of lightning come down all in one place, and that's it. The gem description talks about a duration, but I can see no buff icon. Is it buffing my dps? Other than some one shot damage to the target I dont see anything else happening.
Last edited by Baldrick on Jan 3, 2016, 5:05:51 PM
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Neviskio wrote:
Hey, thanks for the build, first time I actually stick to one untill cruel and almost merciless, kinda a newbie so apologies if I'll ask something silly.

I was wondering: I am leveling with a rigwald's charge, nothing great, and I'm around lvl 56 in talisman SC, what would be the easiest to gear version? Mace, sword or axe?

I ask because I never traded in poe seriously and I never have gone past 10-15c if even that much, so I'm not sure I can afford to make a passive tree and buy an expensive weapon only to find that maybe antoher choice was cheaper...

Hopefully isn't too much of a noob question, I kinda still haven't learned how to get rich in the game so I'm worried I'll choose axe and then find a gg mace for cheap and can't switch easily. I know that regrets aren't that expensive but still, wanted to make the build to farm currency not to drain it =P

Thanks anyway, I'll keep putting points in the basic outline right now but any help deciding which fork of the build to use would be awesome :)

I suggest purchasing a Kaom's Primacy. They are relatively cheap, can be used at lv58 and can last you comfortably into the 80's. The cost in regrets to switch between the different passive tree variations (encase you found a better weapon) is 15 passive points maximum; easy to afford not counting the already 20+ refunds you get from leveling to merciless.

Thanks, just bought one and it is awesome indeed :) one last thing I was wondering: for SC you suggest mana or bloodmagic keystone for cyclone? Kinda wasn't sure reading the guide, I am running with bloodmagic gem right now.

What do you think i should work on to upgrade.
"
Neviskio wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Neviskio wrote:
Hey, thanks for the build, first time I actually stick to one untill cruel and almost merciless, kinda a newbie so apologies if I'll ask something silly.

I was wondering: I am leveling with a rigwald's charge, nothing great, and I'm around lvl 56 in talisman SC, what would be the easiest to gear version? Mace, sword or axe?

I ask because I never traded in poe seriously and I never have gone past 10-15c if even that much, so I'm not sure I can afford to make a passive tree and buy an expensive weapon only to find that maybe antoher choice was cheaper...

Hopefully isn't too much of a noob question, I kinda still haven't learned how to get rich in the game so I'm worried I'll choose axe and then find a gg mace for cheap and can't switch easily. I know that regrets aren't that expensive but still, wanted to make the build to farm currency not to drain it =P

Thanks anyway, I'll keep putting points in the basic outline right now but any help deciding which fork of the build to use would be awesome :)

I suggest purchasing a Kaom's Primacy. They are relatively cheap, can be used at lv58 and can last you comfortably into the 80's. The cost in regrets to switch between the different passive tree variations (encase you found a better weapon) is 15 passive points maximum; easy to afford not counting the already 20+ refunds you get from leveling to merciless.

Thanks, just bought one and it is awesome indeed :) one last thing I was wondering: for SC you suggest mana or bloodmagic keystone for cyclone? Kinda wasn't sure reading the guide, I am running with bloodmagic gem right now.

For SC I suggest using the bm support gem and running your aura off your mana, its better for HC aswell however bm keystone is still decent if you want added safety.
LightyGaming.com
"
Baldrick wrote:
So I have been playing around with Vaal Lightning Strike as people are saying good things about it.

Right now I have it linked to multi-strike, melee physical, and WED. I cannot figure out if it is even doing anything.

When I use it, I see a few strikes of lightning come down all in one place, and that's it. The gem description talks about a duration, but I can see no buff icon. Is it buffing my dps? Other than some one shot damage to the target I dont see anything else happening.

So mostly its just a single target dps boost since axe/swords cant run vaal ground slam, it places an electric charge on the enemy which has a duration and arcs out of him; that's the aoe duration aspect of it.
LightyGaming.com
"
madjayy wrote:

Your weapon is 500pdps which is fine but upgrading it will offer the biggest boost to your performance, If you can afford it or patiently save for a disfavour do it. Aside from that grabbing a Rumi's and taste is great but are more a luxury than necessity. Most the rest of your gear looks solid, 6l the coil eventually and work on gem qualities and jewels.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jan 3, 2016, 10:18:28 PM
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Baldrick wrote:

Right now I have it linked to multi-strike, melee physical, and WED. I cannot figure out if it is even doing anything.

So mostly its just a single target dps boost since axe/swords cant run vaal ground slam, it places an electric charge on the enemy which has a duration and arcs out of him; that's the aoe duration aspect of it.

Hmm, I have never seen any arcing at all... maybe I just miss the mob every time.

Anyway, you mentioned you were going to play around with it. I am interesting to know what you think once you get the chance.

Thank you much for all your responses.
"
Lighty wrote:
"
madjayy wrote:

Your weapon is 500pdps which is fine but upgrading it will offer the biggest boost to your performance, If you can afford it or patiently save for a disfavour do it. Aside from that grabbing a Rumi's and taste is great but are more a luxury than necessity. Most the rest of your gear looks solid, 6l the coil eventually and work on gem qualities and jewels.

thanks and i have taste and rumis so i really just need more currency for better gear
Last edited by madjayy on Jan 4, 2016, 12:07:45 AM
Any suggestions? I'm willing to work towards replacing anything.

edit: Replaced unique gloves with these

Last edited by SunbatherL on Jan 4, 2016, 6:29:12 PM
Hello Lighty and thanks for the awesome guide :)

What are your thoughts for duelist ascendancy? Between slayer and champion.

For champion it would be a choice for Fortitude+'First to strike,last to fall' in my opinion
which opens a gem in 6L cyclone (faster attacks vs phys to lightning?), 30% flat dmg increase,
10%attack speed, increased fortify , 8% movement speed and 45% increased armor and evasion. not too shaby id say.

For slayer its probably Bane+Brutal which would be best

Thank you and waiting for your answer:)
IGN: Wolfshen
Last edited by Sherkkan on Jan 4, 2016, 12:29:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info