(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Idyar wrote:
Hey Lighty,

First off great write up really comprehensive and clear. I think this build is the most fun I have had in the game so far, previously got bored about half way through mapping but having a blast. One thing I could use advice on is Iron Reflexes. It would seem to me all the nodes we get with +%armour would be better to pickup Iron Reflexes. I am using Atziri's Step/ Devoto's Devotion / Lightning coil so have a few evasion pieces. Does the added armour not get multiplied by the +%armour nodes? Just trying to figure it out myself but at a loss. Finally found a 6L axe so going to be getting started crafting soon! So excite!

Thanks a bunch and yeah if you get devoto's, coil and any other 600+ eva piece the 3 points for iron reflexes is worth it. It gets converted into flat armour and then that gets the % multiplier from all the armour nodes; basically just imagine the evasion is armour.
LightyGaming.com
Which Curse do i link to blasphemy?
Punishment - Buff grants more Melee Damage and increased Attack Speed.
Warlord's Mark - leech life and mana, chance to gain an endurance charge.
Poacher's Mark - less evasive, grant life and mana, more flask charges, chance to gain a frenzy charge.
Vulnerability - take increased damage from physical attacks and degeneration.

Punishment - 35% more phys + 19% attack speed | BUFF (4 sek)
Warlords - 30% endurance charge + 2% mana+life leech
Poachers - 49% less evasive (resolute technique) + 24 LoH + 12 MoH + 30% Frenzy => (3 max) + 12% attack speed + 12% more damage
Vulnerability - enemys take 29% increased phys dmg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so i guess Punishment offers the most damage boost, poachers is the best allrounder with survivability and warlords is the defensive variant. dont know about vulnerability..

halp

PS: temp chains not included

hey buddy, help me decide which 1 is better pls?
"
aMIgolala wrote:

Dusk Drop is slightly, SLIGHTLY better if you are using an Atziri's Disfavour axe due to its damage over time helping the bleeding.
Hello Lighty and thanks for the awesome guide :)

My beloved Cycloner ended up in standard league and would like to upgrade him a bit.
Could you please tell me your opinion regarding Lightning Coil vs High armor gear + Determination?

Im currently running the determination option and would be able to get some more armor upgrades like only have 1200 armor on chest could get lot more.(also my gloves , boots are decent armor wise but could get better so thats probably 2-300 armor increase also)
On the other hand Lightning Coil seems really great and not running determination anymore would open some nice offensive option on auras.

On the other hand i already have Devoto's Devotion so maybe reaching out for Iron reflexes would be the best way to go? combined with Lightning Coil. In that case should i still roll with determination or no? Replace hatred with grace and boost armor to sky high? But dps would take quite a hit i guess by dropping hatred :(

Thank you
IGN: Wolfshen
Last edited by Sherkkan on Dec 10, 2015, 3:14:22 AM
"
Frukker wrote:
Which Curse do i link to blasphemy?
Punishment - Buff grants more Melee Damage and increased Attack Speed.
Warlord's Mark - leech life and mana, chance to gain an endurance charge.
Poacher's Mark - less evasive, grant life and mana, more flask charges, chance to gain a frenzy charge.
Vulnerability - take increased damage from physical attacks and degeneration.

Punishment - 35% more phys + 19% attack speed | BUFF (4 sek)
Warlords - 30% endurance charge + 2% mana+life leech
Poachers - 49% less evasive (resolute technique) + 24 LoH + 12 MoH + 30% Frenzy => (3 max) + 12% attack speed + 12% more damage
Vulnerability - enemys take 29% increased phys dmg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so i guess Punishment offers the most damage boost, poachers is the best allrounder with survivability and warlords is the defensive variant. dont know about vulnerability..

halp

PS: temp chains not included

I'm planning on running warlords mark as I feel it offers the most however any of these are fine. If it was hardcore I would run temp chains or enfeeble instead.
LightyGaming.com
"
andrew8448 wrote:
"
aMIgolala wrote:

Dusk Drop is slightly, SLIGHTLY better if you are using an Atziri's Disfavour axe due to its damage over time helping the bleeding.

Yep basically this, the cobalt is more generic Phys/life build aswell
LightyGaming.com
"
Sherkkan wrote:
Hello Lighty and thanks for the awesome guide :)

My beloved Cycloner ended up in standard league and would like to upgrade him a bit.
Could you please tell me your opinion regarding Lightning Coil vs High armor gear + Determination?

Im currently running the determination option and would be able to get some more armor upgrades like only have 1200 armor on chest could get lot more.(also my gloves , boots are decent armor wise but could get better so thats probably 2-300 armor increase also)
On the other hand Lightning Coil seems really great and not running determination anymore would open some nice offensive option on auras.

On the other hand i already have Devoto's Devotion so maybe reaching out for Iron reflexes would be the best way to go? combined with Lightning Coil. In that case should i still roll with determination or no? Replace hatred with grace and boost armor to sky high? But dps would take quite a hit i guess by dropping hatred :(

Thank you

Never drop hatred as any phys build, ever ever. If you can afford to run coil it will always be better, legacy coil even more so. To get the 22.5(30)% phys reduction that coil grants by armour stacking takes much more investment with less than ideal outcome. Imo hatre,aa,blaspemy will be the best setup and coil is still the best body; unless phys damage while mapping got a massive nerf ( which wont happen ). Getting iron reflexes is fine though if your running alot of eva like devotos, daressos or atziri steps ect.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:
"
treirk wrote:
Well , its going to be my 1 time creating a cyclone and i have questions for you , perhaps someone ask u but there are so much comments.

I'm planning to create it in Talisman league HC.

What's u reccomend:

Marauder - Axe
Marauder - Sword
Marauder - Mace
Duelist - Axe
Duelist - Sword
Duelist - Mace
Marauder - Axe (Hardcore)
Marauder - Axe (Hardcore - Bloodmagic Keystone)

because i dont know anything about marauder , if u can say a little description of PROS / CON of everyone is going to be perfect.

Sorry 4 my bad grammar im not english native and dont wanna use google translator i think its baddest than me xD

Thanks so much.

I'm not Lighty, but based upon my experience of running cyclone for the first time in the last temp league, here are my thoughts

Marauder is still probably the best start, when the expansion comes out, duelist might be better if you are going to continue in standard, but we honestly don't know yet. I'd stick to Marauder.

Vaal ground slam isn't going to be quite as good, which is a big attraction of maces. Still usable I'm sure though.
Swords don't have much going for them, unless you are trying to drop resolute technique, which is quite a different build.

Axes have the pretty big advantage of good, achievable uniques (There are a few new ones in the patch notes, but not clear if they are 1 or 2h). A few nice levelling ones, and Kaom's is just fine for endgame, and gets pretty cheap by a week or so into a league. If you do well with currency then even a disfavour is a much cheaper option than equivalent rares.
So I'd stick to axes.

BM keystone vs gem - I really like using the keystone. I'd recommend at least levelling with it as it just makes everything easier. But with Blasphemy, running a blasphemy curse + hated/HoA might be the better option for mapping.

Carl

This is all correct but a few things I would add.

As of talisman Marauder is still the better choice unless your planning on playing this guy after the league aswell in which case I cannot say for sure. Sub-classes will have a major influence on which class to pick and until ascendancy we wont know for sure which is best unless the final 2 marauder sub-classes become spoiled.

For BM Keystone the main draw endgame is utilizing 1-2 Ming's heart. Normally they are a semi-pain to use but with your massive life pool running 2 counteracts the life gained from the nodes behind Bm keystone and grants 20(40)% chaos damage added from your physical; which cannot be reflected(or leeched).

Let me know if these responses make sense to you or if you have any more questions, comments or concerns.

Thanks for both answers , im glad to have that guides where the creator answer <3 , i understand with BM keystone i cant run auras but with BM gem i lose a little dmg but can do auras , what its better for a newbie like me.

p.s. i only play on HC leagues , when it end or die i never use that character again , my lasts builds was PA(Nerfed) , Incinerate/MaxBlock(Nerfed) and now im gonna play cyclone.
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:
"
treirk wrote:
Well , its going to be my 1 time creating a cyclone and i have questions for you , perhaps someone ask u but there are so much comments.

I'm planning to create it in Talisman league HC.

What's u reccomend:

Marauder - Axe
Marauder - Sword
Marauder - Mace
Duelist - Axe
Duelist - Sword
Duelist - Mace
Marauder - Axe (Hardcore)
Marauder - Axe (Hardcore - Bloodmagic Keystone)

because i dont know anything about marauder , if u can say a little description of PROS / CON of everyone is going to be perfect.

Sorry 4 my bad grammar im not english native and dont wanna use google translator i think its baddest than me xD

Thanks so much.

I'm not Lighty, but based upon my experience of running cyclone for the first time in the last temp league, here are my thoughts

Marauder is still probably the best start, when the expansion comes out, duelist might be better if you are going to continue in standard, but we honestly don't know yet. I'd stick to Marauder.

Vaal ground slam isn't going to be quite as good, which is a big attraction of maces. Still usable I'm sure though.
Swords don't have much going for them, unless you are trying to drop resolute technique, which is quite a different build.

Axes have the pretty big advantage of good, achievable uniques (There are a few new ones in the patch notes, but not clear if they are 1 or 2h). A few nice levelling ones, and Kaom's is just fine for endgame, and gets pretty cheap by a week or so into a league. If you do well with currency then even a disfavour is a much cheaper option than equivalent rares.
So I'd stick to axes.

BM keystone vs gem - I really like using the keystone. I'd recommend at least levelling with it as it just makes everything easier. But with Blasphemy, running a blasphemy curse + hated/HoA might be the better option for mapping.

Carl

This is all correct but a few things I would add.

As of talisman Marauder is still the better choice unless your planning on playing this guy after the league aswell in which case I cannot say for sure. Sub-classes will have a major influence on which class to pick and until ascendancy we wont know for sure which is best unless the final 2 marauder sub-classes become spoiled.

For BM Keystone the main draw endgame is utilizing 1-2 Ming's heart. Normally they are a semi-pain to use but with your massive life pool running 2 counteracts the life gained from the nodes behind Bm keystone and grants 20(40)% chaos damage added from your physical; which cannot be reflected(or leeched).

Let me know if these responses make sense to you or if you have any more questions, comments or concerns.

Thanks for both answers , im glad to have that guides where the creator answer <3 , i understand with BM keystone i cant run auras but with BM gem i lose a little dmg but can do auras , what its better for a newbie like me.

p.s. i only play on HC leagues , when it end or die i never use that character again , my lasts builds was PA(Nerfed) , Incinerate/MaxBlock(Nerfed) and now im gonna play cyclone.[/quote]

For HC I suggest you run [ Hatred - Herald Of Ash - Blasphemy (warlords mark,enfeeble,temporal chains)]. Cyclone was slightly nerfed however it was put back on track with Blasphemy and is still the best melee build for HC imo. Let me know if you have any of questions, comments or concerns' I check this guide around 10 times a day for questions lol.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info