(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
hey atm i have been running a 5 link with cyclone, BM, added fire, melee phys, and fortify. I was wondering is the dps of sawpping fort for conc worth the loss in defence?

If your doing >74 maps and its softcore, its fine; otherwise I wouldn't. Your going to be more upset at the loss of AoE from conc effect than the 20% more damage taken from hits from dropping fortify.
LightyGaming.com
Going to do this in the 1 month, should be fun. Thanks for such a thorough guide, Lighty.
"
Radagastt wrote:
Going to do this in the 1 month, should be fun. Thanks for such a thorough guide, Lighty.

No problem buddy, let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
LightyGaming.com
Hey, looking at your, boxsalesman and Liftingnerdbro's cycloners. They're all abit different from eachother. Looking to do SC for the first time in the 1 month and want some nice dps. Which build would you use?
"
believers wrote:
Hey, looking at your, boxsalesman and Liftingnerdbro's cycloners. They're all abit different from each-other. Looking to do SC for the first time in the 1 month and want some nice dps. Which build would you use?

• Dont know who boxsaleman is but I will look into his guide and see if he has something I missed or worth using
  • Listed below is what I said about liftingnerdbro's guide a few weeks ago when someone asked a smiliar question
  • Debating adding a section to the guide that mentions other cyclone builds since this questions gets asked fairly often; not that I don't enjoy a monopoly on cyclone

"
Its basically the same as mine but a few things make zero sense to do in his. Feel free to use either, hes a solid guy regardless.

1)"Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 18) linked with Molten Shell (lvl 20), Summon Chaos Golem and Enfeeble (lvl 20)"
having a high level cwdt setup for molten shell is fine because it scales best off levels but enfeeble and the chaos golem are the opposite, you want them up 100% of the time since your only using the golem for its 3% phys reduction and you'd rather have everything cursed then a few things cursed but slightly stronger.

2)"Leap Slam, Faster Attacks, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun, Blood Magic, Stun (5-link)."
this is an absolute waste of your secondary 6l if you have access to one and if you would run this setup adding in vengeance to gain the benefit of the previously listed support gems makes the most sense so idk why he would toss it in an unlinked 4l. Vaal cyclone is the best thing to place in your secondary 6l for mapping in both groups and solo. In hc i wouldn't run it but for softcore is very good.

3)"skipping the hematophagy & rampart clusters"
this is crazy; leech is valued very high due to always having bloodrage active & fortify is at 100% up-time so why not gain various free stats from it not including boost its effect by 15% ( which is already op). Theres also a few little things on the tree that arnt good, like he grabs the 18% endurance charge durance instead of 10 dex which is extremely valuable when you need to reach 155 dex. skipping the .8% life regen by marauder starting nodes isnt good either. Finally he skips the combat stamina node which is extremely valuable, especially in hc.

4)"- Cruel : Kill them all for the skill-point (jewel efficient)"
16% phys dmg or 8% attack speed are weighed 1.5-2 points worth. Even if you want to get jewels your throwing away stats by not getting them.
- Merciless: Help Kraityn for +1 to maximum Frenzy Charge
this is "okay" but i would rather have an endurance charge or 5% life (passivepoint) if im boosting my build as "tanky"

5)Not mentioning the BIS body Armour and suggesting belly of the beast
Belly is fine for starting out but is outweighed highly but both kaoms heart and especially lightning coil. The current meta of enemies dealing large amounts of physical damage and having lightning coil mitigate 17.5% of that is insane. Theres a reason why most lv's100 in tempest were using lightning coil, its OP as fuck.

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Sep 25, 2015, 5:48:50 PM
"
Lighty wrote:

[li]Debating adding a section to the guide that mentions other cyclone builds since this questions gets asked fairly often; not that I don't enjoy a monopoly on cyclone[/li]
[/list]

What a wonderful idea, I am currently in the same predicament - comparing your wonderfully set-out guide to some of the others available (Lifting, Etup etc) for the upcoming 1MHC.

What I am finding is the majority of the Passives are the same (give or take a few choices as you get above 85+) but the links differ. Now I know that is no doubt due to some not being 'based' on Hardcore leagues (although often easily convertable).

My main question is is there any changes to links/passives (I saw the Axe Hardcore Passive tree but not sure how old that is), that you would personally do for a Hardcore Season? From what I can tell the Cyclone links are pretty straight-forward along with the 'Movement' and 'Aura' setups:

Cyclone - Pre-5L it is often suggested to go BM keystone and run; Cyclone + LGoH + Fortify + Added Fire Damage w/Herald of Ash (Added Fire to make up lack of Hatred). This will then be swapped to a 5/6L when you get the gear, also swapping out the BM Keystone and running appropriate Auras. Something like; Cyclone + LGoH + Fortify + Blood Magic + Melee Physical Damage (5-Link) + Added Fire Damage/Faster Attacks/Weapon Elemental Damage/Conc Effect (6-Link)

Auras - Herald of Ash + Hatred + AA or Hatred + Determination (I believe we switch to this late game as Determination scales better?)

Movement - Leap Slam + Endurance Charge on Stun + Faster Attacks + Blood Magic

Defense #1 - Enduring Cry + Increased Duration + Blood Rage + Blood Magic

Defense #2 - This is where I get lost, I see some running CwDT Immortal Call setups, some without Immortal Call. Enfeeble, Chaos Golems etc

Would love you hear your feedback :)
"
"
Lighty wrote:

[li]Debating adding a section to the guide that mentions other cyclone builds since this questions gets asked fairly often; not that I don't enjoy a monopoly on cyclone[/li]
[/list]

What a wonderful idea, I am currently in the same predicament - comparing your wonderfully set-out guide to some of the others available (Lifting, Etup etc) for the upcoming 1MHC.

What I am finding is the majority of the Passives are the same (give or take a few choices as you get above 85+) but the links differ. Now I know that is no doubt due to some not being 'based' on Hardcore leagues (although often easily convertable).

My main question is is there any changes to links/passives (I saw the Axe Hardcore Passive tree but not sure how old that is), that you would personally do for a Hardcore Season? From what I can tell the Cyclone links are pretty straight-forward along with the 'Movement' and 'Aura' setups:

Cyclone - Pre-5L it is often suggested to go BM keystone and run; Cyclone + LGoH + Fortify + Added Fire Damage w/Herald of Ash (Added Fire to make up lack of Hatred). This will then be swapped to a 5/6L when you get the gear, also swapping out the BM Keystone and running appropriate Auras. Something like; Cyclone + LGoH + Fortify + Blood Magic + Melee Physical Damage (5-Link) + Added Fire Damage/Faster Attacks/Weapon Elemental Damage/Conc Effect (6-Link)

Auras - Herald of Ash + Hatred + AA or Hatred + Determination (I believe we switch to this late game as Determination scales better?)

Movement - Leap Slam + Endurance Charge on Stun + Faster Attacks + Blood Magic

Defense #1 - Enduring Cry + Increased Duration + Blood Rage + Blood Magic

Defense #2 - This is where I get lost, I see some running CwDT Immortal Call setups, some without Immortal Call. Enfeeble, Chaos Golems etc

Would love you hear your feedback :)

So this is what I would run for either SC or HC. I would go axe passive and get a kaom primacy (20-30c first few days) if possible @58-85 then swap for a 550pdps+ axe or disfavour. Focus on getting 30% movespeed boots and if your lucky a Lightning Coil. Stockpile all your alts/fuse/jews for 6s5l your first 350pdps weapon and farm dried lake till 75ish and stockpile maps for better flaskback combinations (ambush,beyond ect.) Maybe a mings @5-6k life.

• Main Setup: Cyclone - life gain on hit(drop@15ktooltip) - blood magic - fortify - melee physical - added fire - weapon elemental
  • Aura: hatred - Herald of Ash - Arctic Armour
  • Movement: Leap Slam - Bloodmagic + faster attacks + vengeance
  • Utility: Increased duration - bloodrage - bloodmagic - enduring cry
  • Defensive: cwdtLV1 - chaos golem - enfeeble - immortal call
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Sep 26, 2015, 1:24:19 AM
"
Lighty wrote:
So this is what I would run for either SC or HC. I would go axe passive and get a kaom primacy (20-30c first few days) if possible @58-85 then swap for a 550pdps+ axe or disfavour. Focus on getting 30% movespeed boots and if your lucky a Lightning Coil. Stockpile all your alts/fuse/jews for 6s5l your first 350pdps weapon and farm dried lake till 75ish and stockpile maps for better flaskback combinations (ambush,beyond ect.) Maybe a mings @5-6k life.

• Main Setup: Cyclone - life gain on hit(drop@15ktooltip) - blood magic - fortify - melee physical - added fire - weapon elemental
  • Aura: hatred - Herald of Ash - Arctic Armour
  • Movement: Leap Slam - Bloodmagic + faster attacks + vengeance
  • Utility: Increased duration - bloodrage - bloodmagic - enduring cry
  • Defensive: cwdtLV1 - chaos golem - enfeeble - immortal call

Thank you so much for the reply :).

With regards to the Level 1 CwDT would the Immortal Call not be constantly eating the 7xEndurance Charges and making our suitability worse?

Also some like Fortify in Leap Slam if we're leaping into packs to initiate - I guess switch it for Vengeance (and pop it elsewhere in a spare socket from the hopeful 2x6 Sockets.

With all the Armour nodes on the passive tree (looking at your Axe HC one) - would Determination late game be worth the switch?

Would also like to theorycraft some passive choices - comparing your tree side-by-side with Etup's (https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAecEswUtB3UJlgthDF8NzQ48EuETTBQgFE0UcRfhGJEaOBpVHKccziFVJvgnLytQLdIwdzboOQ46UjrhPAU8LT38QKBGt0d-TeNOMlBHU6VYY1nzWf5eE18_YSFkUmVNZadnm2hlaPJyqXaseHp673t0fNmCB4Nfg8yE2YTvh2qMz5BVkc6S0Jd5nz6iAKLqplepJ6mUrKqtja4-rlCvbK-ntz677byfvTa-p8BmwKbBo8RYxPbGrsbYz37Tb9i92XzcPeJh5FHqGO8O73zwH_JB8kXz3fZI9zL46_xL_gr-VP6P?accountName=Etup&characterName=KingofCrabs) - I'm interested to get your thoughts on Unrelenting vs your choice of Hematophagy/Rampart and so on.
Last edited by Deathlythoughts on Sep 26, 2015, 2:56:41 AM
Alright, thx alot for that input! :-)
Here's boxsalesman's thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1389758/page/1
I feel like he's skipping some damage and Rampart. I think it looks better than lifting's tho.
The berserk armour in the front post KREYGASM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info