(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hello there,

Kind of a stupid question but I was thinking. IF someone was rich enough, could they run two 6-Links each with cyclone - one abusing atziri's disvaours bleed effect (with increased aoe gem) - and the other using the bloodlust gem/concentrated effect? Use the first cyclone to cause the bleed and for normal mobs, then just use the other cyclone for bleeding bosses/rares for the ridiculous dmg with bloodlust/con effect. Of course, this means no koams for your armour, but you can still use lightning coil 6L and be tanky.

For example 6L weapon (Cyclone)(Melee phys)(Increase AOE)(Fortify)(Faster Attack)(Added Fire).
6L Lightning Coil (Cyclone)(Melee Phys)(Concentrated Effect)(Faster Attack)(Bloodlust)

Set the 'bleed' cyclone to one key and the 'dmg' cyclone to another. Use 'bleed' cyclone to bleed bosses (and kill normal mobs) then switch to the 'dmg' cyclone after the bosses are bleeding.

Now with but the armour and weapon slots using 6L's for cyclone it might be best to take the Blood magic node on the passive tree so you can use your 4L's on gloves/boots/helms more efficiently.

Just thinking out loud.

Last edited by baggs on Aug 28, 2015, 12:30:56 PM
I am guessing from your post above, your stating/suggesting that "bloodlust" will not work socketed in atziri disfavor. Thus the post for a second 6 link item.

Please say no

Comon - work with me here.....

The gem itself states clearly: Cannot cause Bleeding

But

The weapon can/does --
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Last edited by Ishkabibble on Aug 28, 2015, 1:14:33 PM
Well thats why you socket the bloodlust gem in the 6L armour. You essentially have 2 cyclone skills -one with the bloodlust gem/con effect, and one without/increase aoe. Use the AOE cyclone to cause the bleeding, then switch to the bloodlust cyclone to finish the job. I think this would only really be noticible against the higher end bosses, but the dmg could be awesome.
Well, sounds like it's time to give up on the bloodlust idea for now, just used some chroms to go 4r - 2g - added lvl 16 faster atk and start out just over 40k dps.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
"
Ishkabibble wrote:
On page 1 under BANDITS the OP suggests taking the 1 end charge --- IF your going HC or Atziri

OR

Take the +1 passive

Endurance charges are associated with strength and represent a temporary increase to the ability to endure pain during combat. They are visualized as glowing red orbs surrounding the character.

Bonuses granted by endurance charges:

+4% Physical Damage reduction per Charge
+4% additional Elemental Resistances per Charge

The physical damage reduction stacks with the damage reduction from Armour, so that they are both applied at the same time. For example, if a monster deals 100 damage, and you have 8% Damage Reduction from two endurance charges, and enough armour to prevent 30 of the 100 damage, the incoming damage would be reduced by 38.

Ok, appreciate the explanation, but I don't know if I will do Atziri, this is my first character. I guess I want to be able to do Atziri, so I should pick the endurance charge?

Also what weapon skilling should I pick? I guess the one where there is the best end weapon in the game which would be what?
"
Pongard wrote:
"
Ishkabibble wrote:
On page 1 under BANDITS the OP suggests taking the 1 end charge --- IF your going HC or Atziri

OR

Take the +1 passive

Endurance charges are associated with strength and represent a temporary increase to the ability to endure pain during combat. They are visualized as glowing red orbs surrounding the character.

Bonuses granted by endurance charges:

+4% Physical Damage reduction per Charge
+4% additional Elemental Resistances per Charge

The physical damage reduction stacks with the damage reduction from Armour, so that they are both applied at the same time. For example, if a monster deals 100 damage, and you have 8% Damage Reduction from two endurance charges, and enough armour to prevent 30 of the 100 damage, the incoming damage would be reduced by 38.

Ok, appreciate the explanation, but I don't know if I will do Atziri, this is my first character. I guess I want to be able to do Atziri, so I should pick the endurance charge?

Also what weapon skilling should I pick? I guess the one where there is the best end weapon in the game which would be what?

Okay so for "weapon skilling" I assume you mean weapon type and I would suggest axe because you can use Kaoms primacy at lv58 and switch to Atziri Disfavour later on when you gain more currency.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Aug 29, 2015, 3:17:34 PM
"
baggs wrote:
Well thats why you socket the bloodlust gem in the 6L armour. You essentially have 2 cyclone skills -one with the bloodlust gem/con effect, and one without/increase aoe. Use the AOE cyclone to cause the bleeding, then switch to the bloodlust cyclone to finish the job. I think this would only really be noticible against the higher end bosses, but the dmg could be awesome.

It does work this way but the best way to do it from what ive found and is simply applying the bleed from [ Vengeance + bloodmagic + Leap Slam + Faster attacks ] both of which can apply the bleed and activate bloodlust from your cyclone setup. Overall its not amazing as of yet, maybe in the near future
LightyGaming.com
"
petar_29 wrote:
I'm doing the build now, but was wondering have u thought of Bronn's Lithe?

Bronn's Lithe does work as a body armour and for what it gives it still falls behind Lightning Coil, Kaoms Heart & Belly of the beast. Body's play important a roll defensively so to use a purely offensive one leaves you with a gap in your mitigation.
LightyGaming.com
"
Ishkabibble wrote:
Again, I wish to convey my thanks for this build to the OP.

My guy is currently level 86 and doing well and now I am looking for some fine tuning to this guy and trying to find out if this idea is possibly viable.

I have be been using:

Life gain on hit - simultaneously I have been leveling life leach. I switched out the Life gain for the Life leach a few levels ago, but still leveling the other in the background.

My question is this: Do we reach a point when we do not or "need not" have this gem in our weapon.

"Without" --> Life Gain on Hit - or - Life Leach on my character:

Resists are Maxed
Chaos is at -2%
HP = 4964
Life regen is 360.1 sec
Physical life leech is 1.4% & .2% to physical
Rarity: 122
Dps = 32k +++

I have died twice in the last 5 levels and one of those deaths was a total surprise, have no idea how it happened and the other was fighting 1,000 spiders and the boss in the end of a map, forget the name. Both times I did not have on either of those life helping gems.

Maybe I answered the question myself, but as others have voiced in the past, it was something in the game and not me, to explain away the death.

My thinking is based on my weapons ability to cause bleeding and this builds ability to tear things up:

The gem I aim to put into my weapon is "Bloodlust" -- or would it be wiser to leave in either of the two (Life gain on hit or Life Leach)and put the blood lust in with vengence and remove Stun? If Bloodlust results in what I think happens, my dps would increase a ton, --- I think..

Also if life gain is more suited for this build than life leach, let me know but please explain.

Here is my gear:

Please note - the dps does not change on the tool tip with any of the three gems above placed in the weapon. Also whichever gem I put in gets +2 levels due to the weapon.

Im working on changing out my gloves - both rings & amy to increase my life - figured I could possibly add an additional 150 - 200 to maximum life without too much difficulty and obviously lose lots of rarity. By level 90 I hope to at or just above 6k hp.

The only quality gem is my cyclone, but with 1ex - 2divine & 12chaos funds are a bit tight currently. I have a couple Gem Cutters but really not sure which gem to work on first and so on.

I can only imagine what this guy will be like in standard after this league ends. With the gear there and the IIR/IIQ gems, the possibilities are crazy looking. Please don't get me wrong, I have no regrets starting this guy in Warbands, especially when my weapon hit the ground this is by far the best drop since I started playing years ago and to top it off my acne cleared up overnight ---> coincidence -- I think not.. :)

Oh, btw, thank you Lightly, for the little dancing diddy you posted in your response to when my weapon dropped. Yes, there is a resemblance...(:

Your thoughts?

Okay so first off grats on reaching the high 80's, challenging for some and you've enter what i refer to as "true end-game". When you have high enough pdps, life regen and life ( assuming you have the leech on tree + lv20 bloodrage ) you can drop life gain on hit & life leech gem all together; for later on in general Leech>Life gain on hit. Id like to say 30k dps and 6.5k life is a good bench mark. So for bloodlust as you figured out it cannot be used in the main cyclone setup since it doesn't work when activated by the skill applying the bleed; so your assumption to put it vengeance was correct ( leap slam also is good ). However It is a more multiplier which is amazing ive found its only really noticeable on bosses or prolonged fights which this build doesn't have a problem with in the first place, making it a tad redundant. Part of "true end-game" for cyclone is having to replace all your rares forever ( until mirror worthy ) and always, You've gotten to that point it seems;although you can incorporate more uniques such as mings ect. Assuming your capped res gloves and boots are your top replacement priority. Since your in warbands grabbing some bases with Mutewind: Cannot Be Frozen (Boots) or Redblade: 10% of Physical Damage taken as Fire Damage (Helms) could be very nice for cyclone if crafted well.

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Aug 29, 2015, 3:33:19 PM
"
baggs wrote:
Hello there,

Kind of a stupid question but I was thinking. IF someone was rich enough, could they run two 6-Links each with cyclone - one abusing atziri's disvaours bleed effect (with increased aoe gem) - and the other using the bloodlust gem/concentrated effect? Use the first cyclone to cause the bleed and for normal mobs, then just use the other cyclone for bleeding bosses/rares for the ridiculous dmg with bloodlust/con effect. Of course, this means no koams for your armour, but you can still use lightning coil 6L and be tanky.

For example 6L weapon (Cyclone)(Melee phys)(Increase AOE)(Fortify)(Faster Attack)(Added Fire).
6L Lightning Coil (Cyclone)(Melee Phys)(Concentrated Effect)(Faster Attack)(Bloodlust)

Set the 'bleed' cyclone to one key and the 'dmg' cyclone to another. Use 'bleed' cyclone to bleed bosses (and kill normal mobs) then switch to the 'dmg' cyclone after the bosses are bleeding.

Now with but the armour and weapon slots using 6L's for cyclone it might be best to take the Blood magic node on the passive tree so you can use your 4L's on gloves/boots/helms more efficiently.

Just thinking out loud.

Yes it works but you can simply apply bleed with vengeance or leap slam and circumvent that whole system. Overall the impact isn't major and is only really noticeable on prolonged fights ( bosses ) and is not needed anyway; cyclone single target dps is fine. But it does work for those who want it.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info