In game trading should have been implemented

"
miljan wrote:

No they dont. They specifically said they want people to be able to trade if they are offline.

And there is no such thing as function economy in a games like this. The only thing there is are limitation, implementation of bad mechanics and currency sink so you can slow down as much as possible the downfall and inflation of economy

They stated they want people to barter while off-line. That's not the same as doing a functional item transaction.

You could offer on an item while the buyer was off-line, but that person still had to come on-line to accept that item or propose a counter-offer.

This is to facilitate different time-zone trades.

GGG would never implement a B/O based trade system lol. They want to keep the bartering portion of the game intact since it creates interesting situations.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
miljan wrote:

No they dont. They specifically said they want people to be able to trade if they are offline.

I think you're misremembering bro. The idea was a system where you could trade via the forums without being in game. It wasn't supposed to allow you to trade while offline or afk, though scripting probably would have enabled people to do it and there would be little anyone could do to stop it. That may in fact be the reason forum trading wasn't implemented, but that's pure speculation on my part.
Technically it's coming just "soon". Seeing how it took the expansion an extra year to come out I wouldn't be surprised if trading takes another year or two.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
gathor wrote:
we already use some sort of it - poe.trade. This third party website is a godsend to thousands of people like me who don't really give a damn about flipping and shit and just want to play the game

This may be an appropriate time to mention that within the coming months, wraeclast.net will combine a scraper (which is what poe.trade is) with our full forum alerts functionality. The practical implication of that is you'll be able to set what you want to buy and how much you want to pay for it, and you'll receive an alert when it comes up for sale, along with a direct link to the wts thread here. You'll also be able to set it to only alert you when the seller is online. You don't even need to refresh the page to get the alert, you can just leave it open. We can't do direct forum trades as that would involve all sorts of hax and rule breaking, but we can at least do exactly what I just described, and work is already under way :)

@Acolina87, I'm getting tired of reading your crap in this thread. Before any mods edit this and put me on probation for calling him out, please consider that he himself is being hostile, non constructive, and clearly hasn't read what this is even about.

People aren't saying they don't understand how to get currency. They aren't saying they are too lazy to trade. Again, you might think trade is perfect, but evidently GGG don't or they wouldn't have spent time and resources on developing an extended trade system. Instead of just sitting there insulting people and spewing irrelevant nonsense, try to actually grasp the points people are making and base your responses on those points.

Thank gawd most players aren't as apathetic as you when it comes to demanding improvements and following up on it, otherwise these new sync fixes would likely never have happened.

I heard you found krillson without a fishing rod. I giggled.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
"
Acolina87 wrote:
I heard you found krillson without a fishing rod. I giggled.

Touché :(
It has been 3 full of years that Chris promised to work on trading system of POE. AFter so many improvements we are yet to see any addition or change to trading. I hope GGG finally realizes the importance of providing QoL for trading one day.

Current difficulties forces players to leave or use external programs to acquire required currency(if you know what I mean)
Last edited by Exbarbarian on Jul 6, 2015, 4:04:44 PM
"
Exbarbarian wrote:
It has been 3 full of years that Chris promised to work on trading system of POE. AFter so many improvements we are yet to see any addition or change to trading. I hope GGG finally realizes the importance of providing QoL for trading one day.

Current difficulties forces players to leave or use external programs to acquire required currency(if you know what I mean)

Or you can just, i don't know. Trade, like many do without a problem?

And another thread moved to the abyss. Awesome. RIP.
Last edited by Miská on Jul 6, 2015, 4:45:31 PM
The loot system clearly seems designed with on-going trade in mind, yet the in-game trade features appear to be supplemental in nature. There is a disconnect, and one or the other has to give, eventually. One day, either loot should get less trade-centric to bring it in-line with the supplemental or optional nature of the trade features that currently exist, or new trade features should come about to bring the in-game trade system in-line with the trade-centric loot. I am hoping GGG chooses the former path so that loot can feel better, the trade system can see minimal to no change, and trading can become more of an optional side feature and less of a "damned if you don't", value/time-pressure feature.

Also, I am continuously saddened by the huge amounts of potentially helpful leveling items that just get vendored during the leveling process due to the inconvenience and untimeliness of the current trade features. You don't go into trade chat as a level 13 melee Marauder trying to sell or barter with a sick level 9 Bow; it is simply not worth the time or effort, unless virtually everyone is low level at the same time. Similarly, you don't enter into trade chat looking for low-level rares to purchase or barter for to improve your leveling experience for the same reasons. Low levels are very fleeting, and the trade chat has zero categorization or level segregation. The inconvenience and untimeliness of this system largely negates trading as a significant feature of the game for a great many players I am sure.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Still should be. I wouldn't hold your breath on that one though
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Makes no sense to me when some of you said "no D3 auction house"... I don't mean auction house. Just someone list a price you pay the price then exchange the thing instead of having to go a1n or my hideout and have to do like massive pm and waiting in between. What's so bad about it?
If it is an auction house which the item sold to highest bidder then yes I agree I don't like it. But if it is just like now trading like in old xyz or poetrade except no more massive spamming in chat room or have to wait for the seller/buyer to finally response in like 20 mins...

Explain to me why an easier trading system works exactly like it is now is a bad idea? Bad idea for the dev of course since it will take quite a bit of dev to get this to work I understand that...
Last edited by ariesdante on Jul 7, 2015, 3:26:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info