In game trading should have been implemented

As title says, trading is one feature that this game is based on yet GGG are so reluctant to care about it. Many friends quit playing poe just because they can't have currency to buy required stuff to actually play the game ..
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
In game trading is/was implemented, I'm confused. Do you mean trading out of game, like via forums? If so then yeah, you're right.
Why has no one else thought of this? :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
I am sorry, I should have given out more details.

I meant a system like Diablo 3 where users put a price on the item in inventory, If another user wants to buy it and pays the exact price the trade is made even seller is offline

Setting a shop and daily updating it and using a third party website for that is not a feasible solution
"
zeekidc2 wrote:
"
"
Exbarbarian wrote:
I am sorry, I should have given out more details.

I meant a system like Diablo 3 where users put a price on the item in inventory, If another user wants to buy it and pays the exact price the trade is made even seller is offline

Setting a shop and daily updating it and using a third party website for that is not a feasible solution

That's called an auction house.

Not gonna happen.

Can somebody PLEASE explain why an auction house is a bad idea?

Because D3 had one and therefore the herd are automatically against it without even thinking about it
"
zeekidc2 wrote:
Can somebody PLEASE explain why an auction house is a bad idea?

Short answer: Look what happened to D3.

Slightly longer answer: Putting together an auction house automates trading and eliminates the human element. It's GGG's philosophy that the human element (bartering, negotiating, communications) is a part of the game that they want to keep.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
Because D3 had one and therefore the herd are automatically against it without even thinking about it

You're in the herd mentality as much as the people you're calling out.
I don't want a D3 style auction house, however I do want the trade features that we were told were being made. That would be awesome.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
I don't want a D3 style auction house, however I do want the trade features that we were told were being made. That would be awesome.

Maybe, maybe not. Will have to wait for the specific changes to judge if they are good.

In a few days GGG will give us Lockstep, a new Act, tons of new skills and heavy rebalancing. I think they deserve a break. And I would pick those changes over trade improvements any day.
The auction house in D3 was not the real issue with the game. The auction house by itself was benign. The issues stemmed from the developers balancing loot such that it was impossible to find upgrades yourself without turning to the auction house. Also the gear progression across all classes and build required roughly the same stats and was completely linear.

The sheeple who parrot the "AH = BAD" mantra seem to forget that PoE already has an AH in the form of poexyz. The only feature missing that diablo 3 had was the ability to complete exchanges while being offline.

GGG has promised to add offline trading for years and it continues to be my only complaint about this super awesome game.
IGN: Rumthorp
Stream Channel: www.twitch.tv/rumthorp
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Rumthorp
Last edited by Rumthorp on Jul 6, 2015, 4:15:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info