In game trading should have been implemented

"
"
zeekidc2 wrote:
Can somebody PLEASE explain why an auction house is a bad idea?

Short answer: Look what happened to D3.

Slightly longer answer: Putting together an auction house automates trading and eliminates the human element. It's GGG's philosophy that the human element (bartering, negotiating, communications) is a part of the game that they want to keep.

Short answer: Look what happened to POE.

10+ Players that I know of deleted poe, whole guild has been broken up, just because trading is the only way to get some shiny items in the end. Before patch, I played all self found and never traded one item, yet it was way too harsh to level up, get required gems - especially quality ones, and late game items

"
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
I don't want a D3 style auction house, however I do want the trade features that we were told were being made. That would be awesome.

Maybe, maybe not. Will have to wait for the specific changes to judge if they are good.

In a few days GGG will give us Lockstep, a new Act, tons of new skills and heavy rebalancing. I think they deserve a break. And I would pick those changes over trade improvements any day.

I had been playing Beta, and I can say is they somehow did re-balancing wrong in many ways. Lockstep is a thing that many doesn't prefer because it gives a feeling of dizziness when playing
"
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
I don't want a D3 style auction house, however I do want the trade features that we were told were being made. That would be awesome.

Maybe, maybe not. Will have to wait for the specific changes to judge if they are good.

n a few days GGG will give us Lockstep, a new Act, tons of new skills and heavy rebalancing.

Sadly afaik the new system as been cancelled/delayed indefinitely. For me personally, the trade system is far more important than the new act or any of the new stuff apart from sync fixes. Maybe that's just me though.
"
Rumthorp wrote:
The sheeple who parrot the "AH = BAD" mantra seem to forget that PoE already has an AH in the form of poexyz. The only feature missing that diablo 3 had was the ability to complete exchanges while being offline.

I'm guessing the "sheeple" never thought about the inefficiencies of poe.xyz and how it's a terrible comparison with the D3 auction house.

And I'm also guessing the "sheeple" weren't talking about how PoE's itemization is effectively just as linear as D3's, with a slight bit of exception.

Maybe before you label everyone who disagrees with you as sheeple you should take a look at their arguments and understand this is a complex problem.
Be a shame if you had all your Eternal orbs on sale in the auction house this morning, and didn't log in until now.

Woops.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Rumthorp wrote:
The auction house in D3 was not the real issue with the game. The auction house by itself was benign. The issues stemmed from the developers balancing loot such that it was impossible to find upgrades yourself without turning to the auction house. Also the gear progression across all classes and build required roughly the same stats and was completely linear.

The sheeple who parrot the "AH = BAD" mantra seem to forget that PoE already has an AH in the form of poexyz. The only feature missing that diablo 3 had was the ability to complete exchanges while being offline.

GGG has promised to add offline trading for years and it continues to be my only complaint about this super awesome game.

Wow. Are you a hindu physician or sth? Benign, stem, mantra :))
There is nothing wrong with an Auction house and it would benefit the game.

Too many people end up raging due to shitty sellers or shitty buyers. Put an item in the AH also gives people a better idea of what an item costs (poe.trade) as they should search before hand.

What I FUCKING (bad french) hate is in the Public Group menu people have trade windows open and this never freaking ends. So the real group function is and will always be used as an AH as long as GGG doesnt fix this crap. Its so annoying to scroll through just to find a mapping group.

By the way, putting a AH in does NOT remove the human element. People can still trade face to face and work out deals. This will not change.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
Rumthorp wrote:
GGG has promised to add offline trading for years and it continues to be my only complaint about this super awesome game.

No, they haven't. The closest thing we've had to a "promise" is Chris mentioning they were looking into a way to purchase things from the forums while not being logged in the game.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
Ziiyo wrote:
There is nothing wrong with an Auction house and it would benefit the game.

Too many people end up raging due to shitty sellers or shitty buyers. Put an item in the AH also gives people a better idea of what an item costs (poe.trade) as they should search before hand.

What I FUCKING (bad french) hate is in the Public Group menu people have trade windows open and this never freaking ends. So the real group function is and will always be used as an AH as long as GGG doesnt fix this crap. Its so annoying to scroll through just to find a mapping group.

By the way, putting a AH in does NOT remove the human element. People can still trade face to face and work out deals. This will not change.

You are wrong. And i'm glad we will never get an AH. It will ruin the fun of trade in PoE. Stop being lazy and make an effort.
"
GooberM wrote:
"
Rumthorp wrote:

No, they haven't. The closest thing we've had to a "promise" is Chris mentioning they were looking into a way to purchase things from the forums while not being logged in the game.

Sorry mate, but you're flat out wrong. They went as far as to say that people were already working on it. Lots of people are disappointed about this, and rightly so imo.

Edit: There's even a gamespot interview dating back to 2013 where they said the new trade system was coming, though of course no date was put on it.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Jul 6, 2015, 5:02:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info