Eternal Orbs

"
ghoulavenger wrote:
It is not my position that mirrors should be removed, or even that they are the problem. Read my post again or don't quote me.

didnt say you had a position on it, people quoted in there vary from this is great but remove mirrors too, this is bad should remove mirrors instead, this whole thing is bad and I dont want anything removed but mirrors being left while eternals are gone makes no sense etc etc etc, but what you said about mirrors was true and relevant so i quoted it. I have removed your quote anyway as it is yours and your belief that its misrepresented.

the problem is perm leagues you say, well, its a perm league and people want a perm league, so thats meaningless and you have to look at problems within the perm league not that the state of being perm is an option to be debated. Mirrors are found in temp leagues and 99% of them are taken to perm leagues to be used, mirrors are basically a perm league currency, theres no way to even talk about the subject of mirrors in PoE without the idea of the league being perm because that is now basically an essential aspect of them.

I think youll find without mirrors the extreme variance and the orb drop rates vs their chance of hitting the top mean that theres so few perfect original items its virtually meaningless, even with eternals, without eternals there is enough legs in the item system for a perm league to go on for another 10 years without seeing as many high end items made as have been made since eternals were added a year or 2 ago. As Ive said, that number is irrelevant without mirrors.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Jul 6, 2015, 5:07:51 PM
removed before i could get one :(
/neverplaystandard
one question i would like ggg to answer is if they care about the obvious imbalances of high value orb distribution.

as much as i like the eternal orb being taken out of the game and getting reworked, the missing chance to save your current item status will lead to players even more use exalteds as a means to trade rather than applying it to their items.

the damage has been done by introducing the eternal orb.

the only counter measure i can think of is improved master crafting for exalts. but it's rather late in the beta to test the outcomes of that change.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
How many perfectly crafted items are there? And how many copies of those items are there? Think eternal orbs are not the problem.

What is the purpose of collecting all these orbs, if not to create a perfect item one day. What is the purpose of mirror?!

The only consolation for getting a bad roll/mod from yolo exalting is if exalt would be ~5-10c worth.
Never saw one anyways lol
If you don't have anything nice to say, zip your lip!!!
Lets say that (from currency simulator of cb.poe) one 6t1 new item base will require at least 500 eternals to craft (probably more)u

How many eternals are out there ? At least each top crafter has ~1000 (based purely on mirror fees)

So we will have at least 3-5 perfectly rolled new items in a month of awakening. :D

Thats pretty sad, BUT i hope im highly misinformed and eternals can be counter in hundreds not thousends and at most 1 top rolled item gonna enroll.

Hope im mistaken.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
2hot4red wrote:
What do i do w/ 120 eternal orbs now , oh well

lets try buy a life with em hmm? ;)
IGN (MSC): @Arktrox
Last edited by Luckboxx on Jul 6, 2015, 6:14:05 PM
Poor players in PoE: "I'm too poor to have GG legacies or a mirror, therefore they should be removed from the game!"

Basically poor players want GGG to penalize the oldest players because they're mad they don't have the same wealth. It's pathetic.

If legacies or mirrors were removed I'd just stop playing.
Oh well, it's been two years and I didn't find a single one :)
OK lol RIP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info