Eternal Orbs

Please remove Mirrors aswell, they ruin the whole game economy and the way how players trade and play. Without mirrors, classic item:item trades will be possible again. With mirrors, everybody sells loot for currency to buy one day a mirror and copy a 6t1 item or simply buy an already mirrored copy. That is what I call "BAD economy design".

Nobody is interested in fair item:item trades, only if the trade partner overpays. Everybody wanna currency, just currency and nothing else. Almost nobody uses currency, almost everybody is hoarding any currency to convert it into exalts/whatever. As a result, we have a huge inflation because of astronomic amounts of hoarded orbs in game. Is that really how economy in PoE should work? I highly doubt that.
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..
Last edited by bersi23 on Jul 6, 2015, 6:53:09 PM
What was the desired effect and what was the actual effect?

Now just remove mirrors... It perpetuates a rich get richer economy. There is no trickle down. I have bee playing since beta and I haven't found but 3 exalts and 1 eternal. This is ridiculous. I am not the only one. If I have played for over two years I should be somewhat wealthy through drops. It's impossible.
IGN: Strudely
Last edited by NormanOrville on Jul 6, 2015, 7:00:27 PM
so the scrubs and botters and rmt'rs who have 1000s of them will be richer. yeah that economic effect, we'll see how that goes.
"
bersi23 wrote:
Please remove Mirrors aswell, they ruin the whole game economy and the way how players trade and play. Without mirrors, classic item:item trades will be possible again. With mirrors, everybody sells loot for currency to buy one day a mirror and copy a 6t1 item or simply buy an already mirrored copy. That is what I call "BAD economy design".

Nobody is interested in fair item:item trades, only if the trade partner overpays. Everybody wanna currency, just currency and nothing else. Almost nobody uses currency, almost everybody is hoarding any currency to convert it into exalts/whatever. As a result, we have a huge inflation because of astronomic amounts of hoarded orbs in game. Is that really how economy in PoE should work? I highly doubt that.

agree
"
TuroviK wrote:
Poor players in PoE: "I'm too poor to have GG legacies or a mirror, therefore they should be removed from the game!"

Basically poor players want GGG to penalize the oldest players because they're mad they don't have the same wealth. It's pathetic.

If legacies or mirrors were removed I'd just stop playing.

you know... I am ok with that trade off.
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
Last edited by Orzi on Jul 6, 2015, 8:50:40 PM
"
Chris wrote:
We introduced Eternal Orbs in the 0.11.0 patch two years ago. Since then, the impact they've had on Path of Exile and its economy hasn't been what we initially intended.

With the release of The Awakening this weekend, Eternal Orbs will no longer drop. Ones that still exist in the permanent Standard and Hardcore leagues (and their imprints) will still work.

We feel that the ideal time for this change is now, because of the introduction of new top-tier Maraketh Weapon base types and new item mods.

At the release of the next Path of Exile expansion after The Awakening, we'll review economic data and make a decision about whether they are restored or will continue to be disabled.

Master mods that were priced in Eternal Orbs will be modified (and cheaper) in The Awakening.

Finally!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I always thought that the most important thing in a loot focused arpg is character progression.

And I also feel That poe currency system with crafting materaials (orbs) is brillant. I love how one can slowly grind it's way And trade up ( alts for chaos for ex etc )

I think the main problem with standard now is what someone has mentioned.. loot proliferation? It can't be helped Unless ggg is willing to tweak it's current vendor system.

Exanple - currently We are able to trade full set of rares for either chaos / regal. We prolly need more of such vendor recipe to give the normal players to have more avenues of progression. It also creates a better incentive to loot trash rares or even unique for the matter.

Maybe an exmaple like 3 different types of unique vendored = divine? (Just stating an example..)

Also Maybe buff the drop rate of ex to prepare for the influx of lower currencies if u were to introduce such vendor recipes.

Just a thought..
ITT vast majority of ppl shouting "great" or "best change!" etc have few things in common: They are casuals, who has never seen a single eternal in their life, have absolutely no idea, how crafting top tier items works and prolly dont even know, what does eternal orb actually do. Besides that, theyre poor, hate trading and hate everyone, who was ever actually willing to put effort into farming items, trading, exping or crafting.

The single most hilarious thing is, they are not affected by this change a bit, its just their jealousy towards ppl, who have putted more effort into this game then them.

Oh, and for ppl shouting "standard is garbage" or "who plays standard anyway", maybe, u know, there are still some ppl, who like to min max, who like to work towards gearing their toons with good items, or maybe ppl, who like to exp to high level.
Now u can go and start new char, level it to 70, never manage to obtain a single decent item and then, in few months, u can just go and do it all over again, again and again. Must be rly fun.

U dont like powerful items? U dont want to grind exp to get to high lvl? U dont like trading/learning how the market works? U dont like crafting? Fine, then go play your temp. league and stop finally bitching about something, that doesnt affect you one bit.

Games like this bank on people's hoarding disorder. Most people have this psychological problem but it's the severity that differs from person to person. That's why there are permanent leagues so we can retain and accumulate. A game that does not take advantage of this human weakness is a game that will ultimately fail. Like it or not, without standard this game and GGG would fold. Players first coming to this game may like the initial temp leagues, but then they find comfort in knowing that when it ends they get to hoard it all. They might join a new temp league, but they don't truly experience that feeling of total loss. They also have the choice to start anew or continue in standard where they left off. Streamers are really the only tiny base who could care less about perm or temp because their primary goal is to get subscribers and their $$. They will play other games and aren't necessarily loyal to POE. Whatever gets them more viewers is the name of their game. To the small minority bashing perm leagues you should thank the player base that enjoys the game in perm standard or hc, because without this as an option, there would be no POE.

✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Spoiler
ok, some thoughts on this.

first off I agree with everyone saying mirrors should have got the axe instead. Youve got a problem situation, anyone with sense and a feeling like the game shouldnt become a power creeped joke knows that the current situation is a problem. Either eternals or mirrors have to go, or both, if you remove mirrors and up eternal drops then crafting is healthy and the problem is solved, if you remove eternals then crafting is fucked but the problem is also solved. By fucked I mean its just gambling again, its not actually crafting its just pure rng gamble. Mirrors should have gone, imo, you dont solve the whole problem with just eternals going because items that can only be made with eternals still exist.

That said, something had to go. Chris, I would strongly urge you not to bring eternals back, right now with what uve said Im not going to exalt anything until the next update when a decision is made if they stay gone or not, personally Id rather you just decided they were gone and that was that. Second, get rid of mirrors, those are the real problem. Standard already has so many top class items but thats only a problem because of mirrors, this eternal change cant repair the games item state while mirrors still exist because even though theyre 6xt2 items now, theyre still way better than anyone will ever be able to craft again, theyre better than anything that will ever drop. Essentially this just locks the existing mirror tier gear into FOREVER being the top of the line, doesnt matter that it isnt 'perfect', the like of those items will never be replicated once the existing stocks of eternals are gone and they will continue to pollute the game through mirrors.

Ditch mirrors, I like mirrors, they do a lot of good, but so do eternals, eternals do a lot more good for the game than mirrors and if you can find it in your heart to axe the eternal for the greater good then please, for the sake of the item game, get rid of mirrors. Its the only way to actually make the exalt crafting system work without eternals tbh, as long as mirrors exist people who need high end gear will never craft it, especially now that eternals are gone but gear that can only be made with eternals still exists.

Is this why we have new top tier mods, was this conceived as a package of changes? If so I feel like you should have said at the time, because having new top tier mods simply to break the perfection of existing items and then remove the ability to make so many perfect items again post patch makes a lot more sense, theres actual reason there that people who care can appreciate. but seriously, get rid of mirrors too, a lot of people in this thread are saying it, a lot of people want it, lets be real, the harm thats been done by the existence of the current perfect items is only a thing because of mirrors, 1 guy with a perfect item means nothing without the mirrors there to proliferate the item. No one even uses them in temp leagues, there was that one bow and one dagger in hardcore so far, HvR and was it Goratha? The dupe dagger skullgutter existed but whatever, basically mirrors are taken to standard league, thats what happens to them, and then theyre used to spread gear that shouldnt exist. They basically do nothing for temp leagues, nothing good comes from them.

If you guys take out mirrors and eternals in 4 days time, never bring them back, I think youll find its an amazingly positive change for the item game and a lot of people are going to be very happy, I know I would be very happy and I know Im not alone as theres already a ton of people saying the same thing in this thread. I dont see that 4 months or whatever is going to show that change, but a year from now the repercussions of removing both those currencies I believe will show a far better item game, far more interesting and healthy.

I totally agree with this man. I think mirrors should be removed, they are the core of the problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info