[2.0 HC/SC] Wolder's Blood Magic Burning Discharger Scion/Templar

This guide is designed for patch 2.0.x - The Awakening Release

For offensive mechanics this build uses discharge. Not your useal CoC-Discharge Cyclone style, but selfcast Discharge. By using Enduring Cry to get Endurance Charges, and Blood Rage to get Frenzy Charges, it is possible to have a Discharge Damage that will oneshot every pack. I use EE and Dual Curse to further increase the damage of Discharge.

This build is a very tanky, yet a very offensive build. It uses high armor and a high life pool to sustain through the content. Also a combination of different defensive skills makes you almost immortal.

I do NOT recommend this build to new players. It uses some different mechanics to keep you alive, and it is hard to do as a first-timer.

Discharge (BBRRBR)
Discharge
Elemental Proliferation
Fire Penetration
Cold to Fire
Increased AoE
Iron Will/Increased Burning Damage

Warcry+Defensive (RRBG)
Enduring Cry
Increased Duration
Summon Chaos Golem
Culling Strike

Curses (BBBR)
Shock Nova
Curse on Hit
Flammability
Warlord's Mark

Cast When Damage Taken (RGGB)
Cast When Damage Taken
Arctic Breath
Greater Multiple Projectiles
Temporal Chains

Single Target (BBBRR(B/R))
Flameblast/Vaal Flameblast
Fire Penetration
Concentrated Effect
Increased Burning Damage
Chance to Ignite
Faster Casting/Iron Will

When you are playing this build you cant just press Discharge and kill everything. You have to do a combo. This combo is based around different curses and mechanics that affect the enemies resistances, and elements that gives you bonuses when you kill them.

1. First you do your warcry - Enduring Cry. This gives you a boost of life regeneration, and Endurance Charges based upon how many enemies that are in the area of effect.

2. Then you use your Shock Nova. This makes the enemy less resistant to fire and cold damage due to EE. As a bonus it curses the enemy with both Flammability and Warlord's Mark. Flammability makes the enemy less resistant to fire damage, and Warlord's Mark gives you both life leech, plus a chance to get an Endurance Charge on kill. This can be very usefull because then you dont need to do the first step next time.

3. Discharge. Bomb the screen like you didn't care. Everything burns and spreads the effect to enemies close by.

Leveling is all up to you. I recommend using Firestorm + Flame Totem up untill about 70, then switching to Discharge. But as a Scion you dont get Firestorm or Flame Totem. Therefore i use Incinerate for leveling. Both ways works just fine if you just follow the tree.
I recommend checking out ZiggyD's video about spellcaster leveling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULFXNjpVu6k

Bandits
Help Oak - For +40 life
Kill all - For passive
Help Oak - For endurance charge

Templar: (For 60 more spell dmg)
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUBA3UEBwSzBg4Jqgn2DjwUcRZvGGoaOBzcHRQhsCW8Jy8n7Sj6LpQ09zWSOVI6WDrYOuE8BT1fQYdFnUbXTLNN41JTU1JVxlgHWHdZ818EY_1mVGaeaGVo8nGFcg9yqXaseuZ82YIHgpuCx4PbhXuLjI8aj0aQVZErkc6XhZeVl_SYrZo7muCboZ2un9-iAKZXpwismKyqsUK3PriTu-3AZsCaxPbPftAf1HzYvdl82fzaudtP37_gw-Nq6hjr7uw473zv6_Af8WzyRfPd9zL31_jr-d356PrS_gr-jw==

Scion: (1 more jewel slot + 1,2% life reg + Access to jewel slots late game)
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAZEDdQQHBLMGDgn2DjwUcRZvGFYYaho4HNwdFCGwJbwnLyftKPot0i6UNPc1kjlSOlg62DrhPAU9X0GHRZ1G10yzTeNSU1NSVcZYB1h3WfNfBGP9ZlRmnmhlaHRo8nGFcg9yqXaseuZ82YIHgpuCx4PbhXuPGo9GkFWRK5HOlKCXhZeVl_SYrZo7muCboZ2un9-iAKZXpwismKyqsUK3PriTu-3AZsT2z37UfNhN2L3ZfNpi20_fv-DD42rqGOvu7DjvfPAf8WzyRfMR8933MvfX-Ov56PrS_gr-jw==

Keystones

Blood Magic is an excellent keystone for this build. Because it does not use any auras, this keystone makes up for my mana problems.

Elemental Equilibrium or EE gives this build a very high damage potential. When using Shock Nova, which is a lightning spell, the enemy will be less resistant to fire and cold but more to lightning. When i discharge, which is mainly fire damage, the ememy will be resistant to fire again. But the hit has been multiplied because of the loss of the enemies resistances, and therefore dealing alot more impact damage.

Reselute Technique is used to not crit. If this build crits a pack of thornflesh you will die instantly. The damage is manageable when you don't crit, therefore this keystone is just a good "quality of life".

Usefull items:

Doedre's Scorn

This helmet gives is perfect, just perfect for your Curse setup. But it lacks armor, life and resist. A good softcore helmet, but not suited for hardcore imo.

Mokou's Embrace

Fire dmg, Chance to ignite, Resist. What is not to like about this?

Blood Dance

Free frenzy charges + good mobility and life reg. Lacks armor, life and resist, but gives a good boost in clear speed.

Searing Touch

Best weapon in game for this build. If you have your discharge links in it, it will give you a lot of damage.

Realmshaper

2nd best staff for this build. Discharge is both cold and fire, therefore +2 staff. A good starter staff, plus it gives you a free "cold to fire".

Gang's Momentum

Ignite Chance

Rares

Because this build takes advantage of many uniques, your ring,amulet,gloves and armor will have have to have life and resistances. Therefore the priority of stats on your rares should be like this:
Life (80+)
Resist (What you need to get capped)
Attributes (Dex+Int)
Armor/Es (Highest armor possible. If it is possible, get around 5-8k armor at end game. Helmets, Body Armour and belts will have the biggest impact on this stat.)

Last edited by SirSwift on May 3, 2017, 8:31:18 AM
Log:

12/7-2015 - First Awakening Updates:
- Skill tree
- Added items
- Changed from Marauder/Templar to Templar/Scion

14/7-2015
- Added a lite leveling version (more to come)
- Updated design

15/7-2015
- Updated leveling section
- Updated gems
- Updated single target spell (Flameblast/Vaal)
- Updated graphical design

17/7-2015
- Added "Rare" section to the "Item" section
- Updated gem setup
- Added stream
Last edited by SirSwift on Jul 17, 2015, 4:01:09 AM
This is a really well done build and well thought out character. How does it manage bosses of your level? I would imagine it's great for clearing, but bosses would pose quite the annoyance, though I could be completely wrong.
Guide - How To Get Started in Path of Exile - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1297390
My Feedback Analysis Thread - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1270724
"
This is a really well done build and well thought out character. How does it manage bosses of your level? I would imagine it's great for clearing, but bosses would pose quite the annoyance, though I could be completely wrong.

At lower map levels it is possible to kill bosses with a single dischage, due to the trash around the target. But in higher maps this is not the case. I use firestorm for now. It is a fire skill and easy to scale with this build. I will include some boss kills videoes soon. :)

Thanks for your feedback :)
IGN: SirSwift
Just a thought but would Vaal righteous fire not work well against bosses :) Pop a vaal immortal call and then vaal righteous fire have a couple of instant heal pots and watch the burn do the rest :) you should be able to easily get all the charges up to the boss. May be link heavy but cool combo and safe boss kills with vaal immortal call.
hi <3 I stream at twitch.tv/sjatar_
How does this deal w/ reflect, curious bc you put HC in the title.
"
Just a thought but would Vaal righteous fire not work well against bosses :) Pop a vaal immortal call and then vaal righteous fire have a couple of instant heal pots and watch the burn do the rest :) you should be able to easily get all the charges up to the boss. May be link heavy but cool combo and safe boss kills with vaal immortal call.

Thats right. If you combo it with Vaal Immortal Call it would work. I will try to test this after the wipe!
Ty for your feedback and idea to the build.
Last edited by SirSwift on Jul 4, 2015, 9:11:13 AM
"
How does this deal w/ reflect, curious bc you put HC in the title.

It works okay. As you may see in the video i use a ruby flask. When i see the "Thorn Flesh" mod i pop it. Normal reflect mobs deals maybe 500 dmg MAX. This is because i scale the burn more than i scale the impact damage, and therefore being more durable against reflect.
Last edited by ShinningWizard on Jul 4, 2015, 9:35:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info