Map Drop Adjustments

Note how little GGG cares about our feedback - the utter refusal to respond... the cold shoulder.
Thanks GGG. Really, really good PR you have going for yourselves.
There is no way in hell there is 20% chance for a boss to drop a map.

I mapped today for 10 straight hours.

NOT ONE DROP FROM BOSS

Multiply 10 hours * 4,5 map/hour

45 bosses no map drop

Edit: 63 and 2 drops, counting :)
Last edited by Teletronix on Sep 20, 2015, 8:30:54 PM
I finally got myself a lvl 75 map pool. It takes 1 alch, 0-2 chaos, 4 chisel, 1 vaal orb for every map. I can not sustain that much currency for every map.
Maybe thats the entire idea behind it?
1 gauranteed drop of a map of the same level would solve everything.
Get equal if not better drops from just transmuted/alted maps...
ya i decided to just alt/chissle and no point in alc them anymore. Doesn't seem that the changed help at all. i cant sustain 76 and def cant 77. i waste currancy buying 76 and 77 maps and its just a waste it feels like to buy maps like this. a end game system should be able to be fun and consistant for all levels. if you consider maps for a endgame system and are treating it as a whole and as long as maps are falling then you its just possible to just say well maps fall and we don't want people to level to 100, but in reality that is just stupid or even better let maps fall and increase the experience needed for lvls 93+ or something like that. If you want to balance it out. It needs to be done in a way that is still fun to play and doesn't make it so you waste all your currancy on maps if you have to trade for them. A endgame system needs to be fun and enjoyable yet still tough to do. the balance of difficulty seems fine, but they way to get the maps isn't and will cause player base to drop. If GGG doesn't care if player base falls that equals to less funding of mtx. GGG wants people to play and grow and thats great, because i like this game except for the end game system since it basically fails, unless you got time to play all day long and can flip and buy them. Looking at a causual player or players who can't play all day will be more frustrated and more likely to play other games. Realistically that is how it is. you can't make it to where only the ones who can play all day or most of the day to get your data or expect all players to do that or make reasons why people who are poor or don't have time to make that as an excuse to why they can't run that current. that is like saying well if you don't have time then don't play the game. That will drive players away. You can't be greedy and just want players to just accept it and play a game and pay for things if it's not fun. I am not saying its not a fun game it is. It is the only game i play anymore or played since 2011 rely except i drop back to d2 sometimes to keep chrs active, but the end game system and the rng for a end game system pushed me and a few people i know away and some can say well thats only a few people not a lot, but that will affect more and more players. Even d2 running baal runs even doing 250 a day even doing 4k in a ladder season was more fun then this, because of the consistancy of it. when publicising this game or advertising should include you should only play this game if you got a lot of time, since that will only give you the most fun to play the game in the late game. of course they wont say it since it will cause people to not play the game, but thats exactly whats going on. People will have arguments. to this and they can the other thing is i know people who are 50 or older that play this game and can't always play all day and can't play as younger people can just cause age problems it is a fact and for a end game system to them having to spend there time buying maps and not having the reflects of younger people to die sometimes then not getting no maps in return causes frustration. I have posted my opinion in different threads saying along the same lines. I would rather be in game playing, but since im frustrated and just not feeling like playing anymore, becuase of a end game system that fails. yes fails. This game should be fun no stress thats what makes d3 or d2 fun, people will say those games to easy but if its consistant and fun to play then there is a reason people are playing it. actually im not playing anygame at the moment, but thinking of playing skyforge and seeing how that is if not i can go back to d2 untill this game gets a end game system that is more consistant, since i am just 1 person it wont matter, but if enough people get fed up then more and more will leave that means no growth overall for the game, but then again im just a nobody, so who cares
rawrawr
Wow dude above thats got to be the most wall-like wall of text ive ever seen not even any capitals after full stops.

Incredible.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
Teletronix wrote:
There is no way in hell there is 20% chance for a boss to drop a map.

I mapped today for 10 straight hours.

NOT ONE DROP FROM BOSS

Multiply 10 hours * 4,5 map/hour

45 bosses no map drop

Edit: 63 and 2 drops, counting :)

I have the same , all they guys from my guild stopped to play rotations , and maps , there is no point , wasting of time ...
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
"
Teletronix wrote:
45 bosses no map drop
Probability of this outcome is 0,004%. Damn, you're so lucky.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Rough sampling of maps to test the "improved drops" - they're still garbage.
GGG please, bring back cartographer strongboxes(i've seen 1 of them since the nerf), bring back zana, bring back map drops from rogue exiles... What is the point of making map pool unsustainable since level 75? Im playing a windripper char with IIQ/IIR, I always alch my maps, I even chisel 77 ahead and this doesnt make any sense at all.... What are we supposed to do on this endgame? I wonder how playing for a guy that has to run his maps just trans-alterated has to be....
Last edited by Falafas on Sep 23, 2015, 6:45:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info