[2.2 WIP] "Icy Calamity" : 2 Handed Mace Ice Crash

Daily Updates :

Update 15 : Reworked every Skill Tree after what I experienced in game (Less Damage, More Utility). (v. 1.1) -14 July

What next ?
Today (or tomorrow), I'll post my gear and what stats I have with where I am in the Tree. I'll say the approximate price and what I have to upgrade. I'll probably do a little part with where I have issue with the 2.0 (map boss...).

And the unrighteous were turned to ash!
Last edited by Kormir on Jul 17, 2015, 11:18:06 AM
ive a question, how is it really easy to get 40k tooltip dps on ice crash and 75k with good gear? im lvl 81 with 480 pDPS 1.4 APS mace, my ice crash is linked to weapon ele, melee phys, added fire, hypothermia, all gems are lvl 19 and my tooltip dps is 27k. Can somebody explain?

Im playing as marauder but my skill tree looks almost thesame except for couple of points.
Last edited by Woundedblood3 on Jul 15, 2015, 7:54:19 AM
"
Woundedblood3 wrote:
ive a question, how is it really easy to get 40k tooltip dps on ice crash and 75k with good gear? im lvl 81 with 480 pDPS 1.4 APS mace, my ice crash is linked to weapon ele, melee phys, added fire, hypothermia, all gems are lvl 19 and my tooltip dps is 27k. Can somebody explain?

Im playing as marauder but my skill tree looks almost thesame except from couple of points.

You won't see the potential dps of hypothermia on the tool tip.

Instead of hypothermia, try using faster attacks and see.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Hi sir Woundedblood3,

As I write this, my Ice Crash level 19 and no quality is actually at 35'344,9 DPS with no buff. Since Hypothermia isn't added in the Tooltip, my DPS with no buff is 35344,9*1,38 (level 19 Hypothermia) which result in 48'775,962 DPS. And that is without Hatred, Blood Rage, Rallying Cry or Frenzy Charges. And I can tell that my gear isn't the best in the world since my mace is the most costly item (2 Exalted Orb).

And as fiqst said, you can use Faster Attacks to see your Tooltip DPS. With a level 19 / quality 20 Faster Attacks my DPS is 45'866,2 with no buff. So I can think that 40k DPS isn't something difficult to manage.

Daily Updates :

Update 16 : Create the "My Character" part with current Gear, Stats, Offense and Defense as well as the Current Skill Tree and Jewels. (v. 1.2) -15 July
Last edited by Kormir on Jul 17, 2015, 11:17:57 AM
Future Updates :

Actually, after many test in different map with different setup, I'm searching for a viable setup to replace the golem. Let me explain : the golem buff is really useful for a build like this one, melee reduction is something really good. However, even with a level 20 Minion Life and a level 8 Chaos Golem (Intelligence a bit too high) which make the golem with more than 6k HP, he dies about 20 times per map. It's really useless, even when used with a Cast when Damage Taken setup, he dies way too much. So I'm actually looking for something to replace it.
Other than that, I'm actually working on a complete optimisation of the tree as well as every leveling tree for the HardCore one.
I'm working on my gear too, looking for a Coronal Maul with about the same damage as the Mace I have, but seems hard atm :)
Videos will come up when I'll have everything sorted and done as I want (gem leveling...)
The updates will take a bit more time to come since at this moment, where I live, the temperature is way to high for me to stay home. I nearly can play only the night so, a bit hard to do things as I want, but I will not give up the guide.

With that said, have a nice one everyone and enjoy your playtime.
Daily Updates :

Update 17 : Modified the "My Character" part since there was some modification. (v. 1.3) -17 July
Update 18 : Modified the "Skill Trees" part with some optimisation in the SoftCore part. HardCore part is coming soon. (v. 1.4) -17 July
Update 19 : Changed (again) the boots in "Gem Setup" and added a "Why Vengeance/Blind instead of Chaos Golem ?" answer for that change. (v. 1.5) -17 July

Since I managed to buy a 6L Lightning Coil (Non-Legacy) for 13Ex, I have the possibility to try more things now.
The next guide modification will be a part with the price of my gear, at least, the one I bought it for. There will be Leveling Trees for HardCore too, normally tomorrow the 18th of July.
Last edited by Kormir on Jul 17, 2015, 11:17:48 AM
You are using 2h Mace but almost no stun node, then why not use 2h Axe instead which give more dps.

For link, you can link chaos golem with fortity (replace blood magic with golem) to greatly improve its survivability.

I link cwdt with Arctic Breath, GMP and Warlord's Mark for 4L.
I also use Vengeance, but I link it with LGoH, may try blind.

I think if its possible, having a golem is always better than not, at least it can tank 1 hit.
Last edited by hupple on Jul 18, 2015, 10:13:59 AM
Hi hupple,

First of all thanks for the feedback :)

So why a Mace and not an Axe ?
First of all cause it's cool... really... A huge Icy Explosion when hitting the ground with a mace... (well.. not a good argument..)
Really, even without a lot of stun nodes, the hit stun quite often. And we get some Radius AoE with Mace nodes which are really good for this build. And the new Coronal Maul is really powerful for its implicit.

If I replace the Blood Magic for the Golem, it'll be IMPOSSIBLE to run through a whole map with Leap Slam. My Leap Slam cost 36 mana (life) while I have just about 100 mana and nearly no mana regeneration... Just impossible.

If you run this CwDT setup, where do you put Hatred after that ?

Vengeance with LGoH is pointless for me since the build have Life Leech so to get like 100HP every 2minutes isn't really beneficial on a 5k+ HP pool.

I totally disagree with that last argument. It's for me at least, WAY BETTER to run freely for a whole map than stopping every 1-2minute to summon again the golem. It is my point of view after all.
Last edited by Kormir on Jul 18, 2015, 4:39:24 PM
Did u forgot about mobs can stun u? Farming dried lake, dyinfg much in stunlocks.
Hi Sunshine80

I'm using this character since 2.0 launch, 10+ hours each day and I haven't died once by Stunlock. The CwDT, Arctic Armour and Vengeance setup are here to prevent this.
It's like more than half of the melee build, you're affected by stun. But for me, in high level maps with difficult mods, it isn't an issue at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info