[2.2 WIP] "Icy Calamity" : 2 Handed Mace Ice Crash

I don't have empower so I have slot for hatred.
Also if you have 5L/6S on weapon or armor you get 1 slot.
"
Hi Sunshine80

I'm using this character since 2.0 launch, 10+ hours each day and I haven't died once by Stunlock. The CwDT, Arctic Armour and Vengeance setup are here to prevent this.
It's like more than half of the melee build, you're affected by stun. But for me, in high level maps with difficult mods, it isn't an issue at all.

Hmm, I died several time due to stunlock (at least I think it is stunlock) when facing Malachai so then I go to Unwavering Stance and Iron Reflex. But this is when I leveling, perhaps now with 5k hp and all the defenses on I won't need them.
Hi hupple,

For Empower, I use it with Arctic Armour due to the fact that more level = more damage reduction so I prefer that than run Warlord's Mark on Curse on Hit since I don't have any Mana / Life issue and you shouldn't have any.

As far as I played, I never died to Stunlock. You need to be really mobile while fighting. You can't just stay in play and press Right Click. So it's just a mechanic issue more than a build issue I think.
And the unrighteous were turned to ash!
"
Hi hupple,

For Empower, I use it with Arctic Armour due to the fact that more level = more damage reduction so I prefer that than run Warlord's Mark on Curse on Hit since I don't have any Mana / Life issue and you shouldn't have any.

As far as I played, I never died to Stunlock. You need to be really mobile while fighting. You can't just stay in play and press Right Click. So it's just a mechanic issue more than a build issue I think.

I don't have mana issues.
Regarding your concern about leap slam, for 4L mana is 18, then with a elr ring down to 10 and then mana regen is enough. Even at 18 usually it is enough for me to leap slam till next mobs.
Because this build bacially has no unique required, it is very easy to cap resist so using cheap elr ring is doable. For example, I crafted the following two myself but I am not using them now since I have no mana issue.

Hi hupple,

Seems like you misread my guide.

There is 3 Uniques required to hit the start of end game (map 75+) and have no problem with anything.
First of all the Lightning Coil, it is 100% required or you'll die quite often.
Secondly, the Taste of Hate to counter reflect damage and deal a lot more.
Thirdly the Atziri's Promise to have life leech and less overall reflect.

On top of that, there is map where, sometimes, a huge area with no monster appear. For me the speed is a huge thing : I don't want to clear map in 10 minutes just because I can't spam use my Leap Slam.
And you can't push to the max end game (map 78+) with rings like this.
"
Hi hupple,

Seems like you misread my guide.

There is 3 Uniques required to hit the start of end game (map 75+) and have no problem with anything.
First of all the Lightning Coil, it is 100% required or you'll die quite often.
Secondly, the Taste of Hate to counter reflect damage and deal a lot more.
Thirdly the Atziri's Promise to have life leech and less overall reflect.

On top of that, there is map where, sometimes, a huge area with no monster appear. For me the speed is a huge thing : I don't want to clear map in 10 minutes just because I can't spam use my Leap Slam.
And you can't push to the max end game (map 78+) with rings like this.

I play in Warbands and only push to map 74. So don't know about higher maps. I do agree that lightning coil is 100% required for standard. But for new league, OMG it is even more expensive than a 6L (6ex comparted to 4ex). Considering it will be just a few chaos after several weeks, I don't wanna invest on it, so instead I got a 6L. So far it is fine, with 5L I can easily farm 74 maps. The only unique I have is Atziri's Promise since it is cheap. At least for now, with Atziri's Promise and Vaal Haste, I can easily kill most map bosses. We will see what's going on but I doubt if I am able to get 78+ maps, it is very hard to drop now.

I like the idea of keep using leap slam, so far I have 3 life flask, 1 Atziri's Promise and 1 quicksilver, if I keep using leap slam I can switch quicksilver to granite. But for some maps, is just easier to ran than jump.
just a quick post to thank you for your build . using it at the moment and very happy with it.

i also got a question. are maces absolutely the way to go? i know you quite answered the question with mentioning the radius passives, but it is quite difficult to leave in my stash a pretty good 2h axe (axes can have sick dps:p)

i have been trying to build a similar tree build based on axes but i failed miserably.

any clue beside waiting for looting a better mace:p

thanks a lot
Last edited by konflict1 on Jul 22, 2015, 8:29:10 AM
Hi konflict1

Thanks for the feedback.

So the mace is, as I said, for the implicit on the new tier and the nodes.
But, there is another reason. The mace nodes are just near our tree path. To get about the same damage for axes, you'd need more skill point so it isn't, for me, worth using an axe.
If you want to go with an Axe, you'll lose life which is really necessary for this build, so for me it is a bad idea.
I've been following this build but I'm struggling to meet the requisite numbers for the 70-75 stat portion of the guide.

I'm curious-- how are you supposed to hit 30k DPS on Ice Crash? ATM I have a Marohi Erqi and a 5L chest with IC in it. With Hatred up (which is not linked to empower or anything) I have about 13k DPS.

Do I just need a better weapon?

Here's my build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAdwFLQU8B3UJlg3NFCAU9hXsHM4hNCFVJyAnLytQLPs5DjrYOzs9D0CgQT9Gt0d-SHhQR1HmV-JeE18_YVJlTXKpdO12rHdTd-N35Xh6eWh673y7fNmCm4TZhO-FUoY7h2qKIorwkFWXeZ7FqSepbqmUrY2vp7QvuR29Nr6nwKbBBMS4xPbFU8qQz37Tb9X42WHawdwy3D3hc-RR6UbqGOsJ7SDvDu9O9zL-VA==
hi Maematsu

few questions regarding your tree, at the very end of your tree you re focusing on elemental damage passive in the upper left side of the tree...is it just to get more freeze chance or is it for dps reasons? boosting elemental damage seems quite inefficient isn't it?

in any case, i have now reached level 79 and really your build rocks ...plain simple ..efficient ..love it.

i am still dying sometimes because i don't have lightning coil. but having great fun with it anyway.

to answer razzle's question: on my side, i alchemy-ised several coronal mauls till i found one with plenty of physical dps...then i reached with blood rage/hatred and some frenzy charges 20k easily and this with just being in 4L.(ice crash/added fire/melee physical damage/hypothermia).
from a tree perspective i sticked to endgame maematsu tree(with ignoring the elemental nodes in the upper left side).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info