[2.0] The IceBreaker Scion. Ice Crash + Facebreakers + Counter Skills = Great fun!

Hello all!

I got on Friday the Facebreaker gloves which made me curious about the unarmed build. So far, I'm loving it and I'd like to give some leveling tips to the ones struggling with various issues.

To OP: feel free to add any information on your original post if you find it useful.

Spoiler
1. I can't stress the importance of having enough "Adds #-# Physical Damage to Attacks" on your gear. Meginord's Girdle is awesome, but so are rare rings with this affix.
2. Until you can wear the facebreaker gloves, stick with Molten Strike / Ground Slam. Then you can swap to infernal blow / melee splash until you get ice crash
3. ALL mana frustrations, especially during early - mid game are gone with Elreon's rings. Search for "-# to Mana Cost of Skills". Buy a very cheap one early, even if you have to neglect other affixes.
4. Once you advance to mid-game, get a Jewel Socket in the Skill Tree (there's one accessible with just 1 point if you follow the build) and place any jewel that has "% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana".
5. Fortify is not needed throughout normal and cruel in your Ice Crash link, as long as you have the rest of the gear. Your damage will be insane. Just be a bit careful with Dominus and play smart with A4 bosses.
6. You will have problems with Dexterity/Intelligence. Dexterity issues will be gone once you reach the Ranger nodes, but till then, grab come +30 nodes.
7. If you have a Tabula Rasa, put Ice Crash and Infernal Blow with 4 support gems. Face punching bosses with Infernal Blow is satisfying and mana efficient. Ice Crash everything else.

Keep smashing!
Nice build! any chance to update the skill tree on the official site? poedb is no longer active...
I apologize all for my long hiatus. Work exploded this summer and I have done nothing but work and sleep for months almost. Finally starting to slow down now and am having some more free time. Plan on getting into POE big time again and updating guide/tree.

However I am also in the process of buying my first home and close on it in about a month. I will see what I can do though!

Hope you are all enjoying the build thus far.

EDIT: Tree's have been fully updated and the links are now working properly!
Last edited by g00fy_goober on Sep 26, 2015, 5:58:41 PM
I like this build. Going to run it. :)
the build still works? i used it before and really enjoyed. i hope youll update the skill tree or if someone else using this tree could tell me how it is now? since the tree reset i dont remember what nodes to pick.. and i havent played in quite some time
Last edited by PrimeraAlpha on Feb 13, 2017, 11:14:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info