[2.2 Theory] "Crusader" Slayer/Gladiator Crit 2H Sword by fiqst

Love the guide/build. I'm 72 now with 19% crit chance(no charges) and 19k dps(got a decent 400pdps sword) only 4 red socket and i use fortify on IC instead of hypothermia.

While leveling i used cwdt + warlords mark :) Now i got some gloves that i crafted mana leech on and no problem with mana more.
Last edited by Zootre on Jul 15, 2015, 9:05:12 PM
What do you feel are the advantages of using 2H for Ice Crash vs DW and after having done both which would you say is better if you were to do it all again?
Last edited by MrTastix on Jul 16, 2015, 4:40:47 AM
Are there any mandatory uniques for this build, and is it HC viable?
I'm looking for a new build to try out in Tempest and if I'd do another Cyclone/Flame Totem variant again I'd probably kill myself.
Do you think that this is atziri viable and if so is it possible for you to upload a section recommending any changes to gear/other items for the fights?
Thanks
"
MrTastix wrote:
What do you feel are the advantages of using 2H for Ice Crash vs DW and after having done both which would you say is better if you were to do it all again?

Good question, please answer to this since I am thinking to reroll either.
Last edited by Xaphiar on Jul 16, 2015, 8:21:52 AM
2h vs DW:

2h swords deal more damage per hit, so the defensive freezing is more effective, and because of the bigger hits, the HoA burn is more pronounced.

The best thing is to have a potential 2x 6L. This means you can have a secondary attack just as powerful as the main. The flicker strike i use does AoE cursing and refreshes fortify, and if it were a 6L then i could easily add another curse, a ECoMS, blind, etc. Really useful.

I made some errors with this current build. I didn't spec in enough attack speed in the tree and my weapon has zero ias. The result is an ice crash that's a bit too slow, I'll regret some points and fix this problem later.

I made this build specifically with the new maraketh sword in mind, with the higher base crit chance and implicit multi. The regular swords can only hit 50% crit or so.

The DW builds both use the disgustingly powerful effect of Bino's, I've seen life regen from Neptune hit 23k/sec.

I can utilise cast on crit more effectively (i know ppl hate this).

There are more crits, so more chance to inflict ailments.

I feel that DW is better suited to me, but the 2h build is a fun build and i will always work on it.

Btw, crit ice crash is the most effective when using a rapier, with the potential of getting 92% crit chance with master modded crit chance. See my shadow build to have a look.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Im trying out our build in the new league. I got 2 questions:

- Is the AoE big enough for good clearspeed with conc effect?

- What would you drop for a 5L?

Thanks in advance.
IGN: GrrisRanger
Hey! i just crafed this sick sword, would you recommend using it in your build?
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
"
Grris wrote:
Im trying out our build in the new league. I got 2 questions:

- Is the AoE big enough for good clearspeed with conc effect?

- What would you drop for a 5L?

Thanks in advance.

Yes the idea to concentrate the damage in a tight circle and the burn prolif will melt those outside the circle.

As a 5L, the can drop hypothermia as the luxury gem.

"
TheAmigoBoyz wrote:
Hey! i just crafed this sick sword, would you recommend using it in your build?

Brilliant sword!

I made this build to use one eventually.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
I'm kinda new to POE. So its very confusing for me. But I try my best to follow this guide. Right now im lv54. Could someone check my gear and skills in my profile? Am I on the right track? I'm using cleave for aoe and double strike(7.5k DPS) for single targets. Using Hatred aura for more damage. And rallying cry+warlords mark as buff and curse. I just got a new sword that hits pretty hard. So im killing stuff very fast on my level.

Any tips are welcome. I guess I should just follow all the quests? I'm almost in merciless. Then do maps when im done? Since I read card farming isnt worth it.
Last edited by Zampok on Jul 17, 2015, 2:54:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info