[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
ClinchClonch wrote:
Yeah, but that doesn't entail if they bought it today or just told you about it today. :) Okay, thanks! Guess I'll give it a shot as soon as they hit lvl 20.

Well, to clarify then =)

I know of three people who bought them on Tuesday, and two yesterday for sure at that 4-6ex price range.

"
ropefly wrote:
the recommended HC variant tree has 2 useless dex nodes at the bottem ;)

Thanks, nice catch. Forgot to remove them while adjusting pathing options. Fixed now.

"
Do you think the choas dmg/dpsovertime cluster on the top right would give me more/equal damage then 3 frenzy charges ? it's 6 points vs 7 (but with + 30 intellect)
using that unique jewel (5%choas dmg per 10int ) in that jewelslot top right would give you 25% increase choas dmg

a. No. Three frenzy charges is 12% multiplicative damage. More effective to take the frenzy charges.
b. Eldritch Knowledge is a subpar jewel compared to what you can get off a rare. You can get 13% chaos damage, 12% projectile damage, life, and resistance off a rare jewel. So you match the damage, then get even more out of a well rolled jewel.

"
Also belly of the beast or lightning coil in HC? I dunno really, reduce the hard hitting physical "possible" oneshot or flat more life

If you run Aurseize/Andy instead of double Andy, you can run PoL to offset the lightning coil penalty and be safer physically, and still take acrobatics to take advantage of the eva, effectively providing you with a combination of evasion, dodge, and physical damage reduction. Go lightning coil if you can. You'll run a mana flask for sure instead of a quicksilver to help out with not being able to run Clarity easily (at least not until Charisma).

"
asddsa106 wrote:
I do have a few regrets laying around which I can use if necessary. I was not sure if a drillneck purchase would be worth it right now, given that I have not taken the pierce cluster (went for scion hp wheel instead)

Looking good man, you're nearly done! To answer your question, the pierce cluster is extremely sub-par until Drillneck. You'd only benefit off the split 5/5 proj/pierce nodes. 5% proj damage on its own isn't terribly beneficial.

"
alkoxide wrote:
so im leveling via death's harp path, should i spec out of those 3x10% dmg nodes at the ranger start? also in the lvl 89 non-jewel tree, itd be more efficient to take the two jewel slots below the scion start because those only involve a 1 pt investment. the two jewel slots you take near the ranger start involve 2 pt investments.

You'll eventually get the 10% damage nodes at ranger start while still waiting for jewels. But yes, with proper rolled jewels like the one I linked a page or two back (double damage roll), it's worth throwing those in one of the two one-point investment nodes you pointed out, and then even a two-point investment node if you get a good three or four-affix jewel.

And thanks for the catch on the efficiency btw. I've edited the OP accordingly.

I appreciate all your help catching mistakes on the trees, guys. It's awkward getting them all nailed down when you're providing multiple tree options for both SC and HC.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 16, 2015, 1:36:52 PM
Hey, thanks for the guide. It's been a great read and enjoyable experience. I was wondering if you could possibly help me out though. As of right now, this is my gear.
Spoiler

At this point, I'm looking towards capping out my res, and then setting up the appropriate links. They're a hodgepodge of gems right now. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
"
dejabluwater wrote:
Hey, thanks for the guide. It's been a great read and enjoyable experience. I was wondering if you could possibly help me out though. As of right now, this is my gear.
Spoiler

At this point, I'm looking towards capping out my res, and then setting up the appropriate links. They're a hodgepodge of gems right now. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Looks good but you'd be better off with high rarity rare gloves with 30%+ dual resistance and life. Better defense/survivability and still good enough MF. Just a matter of tweaking gear, like that amulet. I cover links in the guide OP.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 16, 2015, 3:01:28 PM
Am I missing something, why do you take Master of the Arena?
TY for guide btw.
"
2spoons wrote:
Am I missing something, why do you take Master of the Arena?
TY for guide btw.

Counteract blood rage degen.
i would assume that we go rare quiver if we need res, but if we dont should we get a magic one and go hidden potential jewel for the extra 20-25% dmg?

secondly, when did u start alching maps vs using alts and im guessing you picked up and ID'd every rare that didnt go into a chaos recipe?

thank you for answering all of our questions btw, its really helpful and nice of you.
Last edited by alkoxide on Jul 16, 2015, 5:01:41 PM
"
alkoxide wrote:
i would assume that we go rare quiver if we need res, but if we dont should we get a magic one and go hidden potential jewel for the extra 20-25% dmg?

No. Drillneck. You can get a jewel with 20-25% damage on it, and another resistance/life anyway. No point unless you're going to be running multiple magic items, and there's no point to doing *that* since you'll need resistances for Andvarius.

"
secondly, when did u start alching maps vs using alts and im guessing you picked up and ID'd every rare that didnt go into a chaos recipe?

I started alcing at 72, mostly because I had spare alcs. But I'm also trying to adjust to the changes in map drop rates and see what level it starts to really matter to do that. I'll be providing feedback here once I get more information.

And yes, every rare is id'd ilvl 72 or higher, unid for ilvl 71 and lower. I make exceptions for:

a) Two-stone rings
b) Diamond rings
c) Rustic and leather belts
d) Dual-stat amulets (Turquoise, Citrine, Agate).

"
thank you for answering all of our questions btw, its really helpful and nice of you.

I'm Canadian. It's a requirement to be helpful. Might even be law. ;)

Just bought a Sadima's as prices for Andys and Goldwyrms are getting ridiculous. At this point, I'm starting to think Andys aren't even worth getting, as while they can offer up to ~40 IIR over a decently rolled rare gold ring, you'd have to adjust your other gear to account for the -res on the Andys, and for the same price you could outright buy a Drillneck and improve your clearspeed.
"
Ruricon wrote:

Just bought a Sadima's as prices for Andys and Goldwyrms are getting ridiculous. At this point, I'm starting to think Andys aren't even worth getting, as while they can offer up to ~40 IIR over a decently rolled rare gold ring, you'd have to adjust your other gear to account for the -res on the Andys, and for the same price you could outright buy a Drillneck and improve your clearspeed.

I leave the decision up to you. With even one Andvarius I was able to quite quickly afford the second, 5L my +2 bow, and get Drilneck on top of it.

But I do agree, the prices are a bit out of hand. Hopefully they tail off soon.
Actually, now that I think about it, you said a few pages back that 1 IIQ is roughly equal to 4 IIR. In that case, a 16 IIQ Sadimas is worth roughly 64 IIR, which is 21 IIR less than a perfectly rolled Andys. However, you don't get negative resists from the Sadima's, and you could get any gold ring with some HP and res to make up for losing those on the gloves; all you'd lose is the base evasion. You'd end up with roughly the same effective IIR, come out ahead on resists, but you'd lose some evasion. A Goldwyrm is also worth about as much IIR as an Andys, but half the price.

With prices the way they are now (4ex+ Andys, 2ex+ Goldwyrms, 4-5ex Carcass Jack and Drillneck, 4-6ex +3), I think a progression path like 5l+2->Sadima's (1c)->decent rare gold rings (maybe another few c apiece)->Goldwyrms->5l+3/Andy #1->Andy #2/Drillneck->Carcass would be the best for new PAers trying to get their MF up, as it starts off really cheap and slowly eases into the more expensive and less efficient items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info