[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

I plan on doing the right flasks, yet I wouldn't want to waste currency to roll flasks right now.

Andvariusses are 4+ ex, I perhaps have 1 in chaos (depending on rate) but havent converted the rest of currency to chaos / ex.

Maybe once I get a smile from RNGesus and he sends me a golden Gold Ring hehe :D
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Faster projectiles seems to have been changed. I haven't tested it yet, but the damage modifier might be the same as that of slower projectiles, while the mana modifier is lower.
At least I found a level 9 one with 24% damage, which slower projectiles also has.

Is there another reason to take slower projectiles, or might faster projectiles actually be better now (except maybe quality bonuses, haven't really looked at those yet)?
Last edited by Waervyn on Jul 16, 2015, 5:01:20 AM
"
Waervyn wrote:
Faster projectiles seems to have been changed. I haven't tested it yet, but the damage modifier might be the same as that of slower projectiles, while the mana modifier is lower.
At least I found a level 9 one with 24% damage, which slower projectiles also has.

Is there another reason to take slower projectiles, or might faster projectiles actually be better now (except maybe quality bonuses, haven't really looked at those yet)?

we use slower because it has the multiplicative damage ("more"), where as faster has just an additive ("increased") factor.
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
ggpetee wrote:
Hey guys, lvl 71 at the moment, anyone could tell me what should I upgrade first, how to progress? Cheers
His gear

His tree
Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4A7gMeBS0FtQYjCC4M8g-rFSAWvxmKGY4ZtBqPG8gfQSP2JIsmlSpNLOktgzB8Nj0-zz8nQzFHBkd-SRNKyE2SUUdSr1VLWhph4mKsZU1n_GwIbIxtbG5pdO11y3aCfXWE2YngjX2Nfo2_kx-XBpuNnaqly7TFtNG3trtNu-O9Nr3mvqfC7MMzwzrEosgMy73Q0NN-1CPV-NrB2-fdX-OE5ljmgepi7YPvevGK9qP22vsJ_ro=?accountName=ggpetee&characterName=The_Lawless_Darkness

I talked about gear progression here with someone in a similar position. Short version, prioritize MF so you can afford damage gear faster after that but you can adjust it how you want depending on your preferences.

I personally went Andvarius > +3 Bow > Goldwyrm > Second Andvarius > Drillneck.

Tree looks fine. Just keep progressing as per the guide OP. Scion life would probably be my next immediate move, then flesh out some damage and pick up resistances as needed for when you get Andys going.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 16, 2015, 5:21:59 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
"
ggpetee wrote:
Hey guys, lvl 71 at the moment, anyone could tell me what should I upgrade first, how to progress? Cheers
His gear

His tree
Tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4A7gMeBS0FtQYjCC4M8g-rFSAWvxmKGY4ZtBqPG8gfQSP2JIsmlSpNLOktgzB8Nj0-zz8nQzFHBkd-SRNKyE2SUUdSr1VLWhph4mKsZU1n_GwIbIxtbG5pdO11y3aCfXWE2YngjX2Nfo2_kx-XBpuNnaqly7TFtNG3trtNu-O9Nr3mvqfC7MMzwzrEosgMy73Q0NN-1CPV-NrB2-fdX-OE5ljmgepi7YPvevGK9qP22vsJ_ro=?accountName=ggpetee&characterName=The_Lawless_Darkness

I talked about gear progression here with someone in a similar position. Short version, prioritize MF so you can afford damage gear faster after that but you can adjust it how you want depending on your preferences.

I personally went Andvarius > +3 Bow > Goldwyrm > Second Andvarius > Drillneck.

Tree looks fine. Just keep progressing as per the guide OP. Scion life would probably be my next immediate move, then flesh out some damage and pick up resistances as needed for when you get Andys going.

+3 bows are crazy in price atm though. Cheapest was 11ex last I checked.
"
ClinchClonch wrote:
+3 bows are crazy in price atm though. Cheapest was 11ex last I checked.

Two of them are 5L's, so that makes sense-ish.

The unlinked one at 11ex is flat out ridiculous. I'm fairly certain the +3 bows were completely bought up at one point so these people are pricing based off permanent-league Standard prices.

A couple people contacted me in-game today who bought theirs for ranges between 4-6ex.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 16, 2015, 5:39:42 AM
hey there. cool build playing it on warbands right now but since I didnt have much time when the League went up I am a bit behind and gotta pay the expensive prices for all the items.

Cant help but wondering if its worth to pay 3 ex for 18% goldwyrms. :o

I got 0/131% mf with cull totem I am at 0/188.

So quantity would be pretty huge for me am I right above everything else (andvarius, +3 bow,...)? I got to admit that I didnt check/read the mf-thread you posted somewhere :S

greetings
Last edited by AnjovisFilet on Jul 16, 2015, 6:05:21 AM
"
AnjovisFilet wrote:
hey there. cool build playing it on warbands right now but since I didnt have much time when the League went up I am a bit behind and gotta pay the expensive prices for all the items.

Cant help but wondering if its worth to pay 3 ex for 18% goldwyrms. :o

I got 0/131% mf with cull totem I am at 0/188.

So quantity would be pretty huge for me am I right above everything else (andvarius, +3 bow,...)? I got to admit that I didnt check/read the mf-thread you posted somewhere :S

greetings

Pick up Sadima's gloves for now, they're 1 alc. That'll give you some quantity to get started and help boost you to Goldwyrm's later (which are better for mana regen / fire res + allow you to get more defensive gloves, since Sadima adds nothing at all to help us defensively). It's a min-max thing to make the rest of the build structure easier.

First league playing with these wonky prices so I can't really guess if the cost will go down or not, unfortunately.
Ye

I think I'll go with the sadimas and get a Bow for now. Since I really want that extra dmg it provides. Thx for the response. :)
Spoiler
First league playing with these wonky prices so I can't really guess if the cost will go down or not, unfortunately.

Yeah the prices right now are really crazy. I'm far from completion, was saving up for my first andy but it seems I won't get far with the 2 1/2 ex I got.

Well but the build still is a lot of fun, so I will continue. Right now sitting at 0/133 without iir gem and only rare items. 4k life at level 76.

We'll see how long it will take me to complete the build. :)

I will buy a sadima's today i guess to get a little bit of quantity.
Last edited by tobiasbruckert on Jul 16, 2015, 6:34:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info