[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Serleth wrote:
"
ClinchClonch wrote:
+3 bows are crazy in price atm though. Cheapest was 11ex last I checked.

Two of them are 5L's, so that makes sense-ish.

The unlinked one at 11ex is flat out ridiculous. I'm fairly certain the +3 bows were completely bought up at one point so these people are pricing based off permanent-league Standard prices.

A couple people contacted me in-game today who bought theirs for ranges between 4-6ex.

One of those two is 14ex though. But yeah, that explanation makes sense. I just hope it doesn't stay that way. Any idea if the ones whispering you about their purchases bought them in the last day or so? Got a pair of Goldwyrm now, but no Andvarius and just a 5l +2 bow. I guess an andvarius is next in line, followed by a +3 bow if I manage to find a decently priced one. :)

Also, is 20q on PA really such a massive difference to 0q now after the change? Leveling up 6 extra gems right now to vaal for +1 level, but I'm not sure if it's worth waiting for them to reach lvl 20 a second time (after quality recipe), as that'll take quite a while.
"
ClinchClonch wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
"
ClinchClonch wrote:
+3 bows are crazy in price atm though. Cheapest was 11ex last I checked.

Two of them are 5L's, so that makes sense-ish.

The unlinked one at 11ex is flat out ridiculous. I'm fairly certain the +3 bows were completely bought up at one point so these people are pricing based off permanent-league Standard prices.

A couple people contacted me in-game today who bought theirs for ranges between 4-6ex.

One of those two is 14ex though. But yeah, that explanation makes sense. I just hope it doesn't stay that way. Any idea if the ones whispering you about their purchases bought them in the last day or so? Got a pair of Goldwyrm now, but no Andvarius and just a 5l +2 bow. I guess an andvarius is next in line, followed by a +3 bow if I manage to find a decently priced one. :)

Also, is 20q on PA really such a massive difference to 0q now after the change? Leveling up 6 extra gems right now to vaal for +1 level, but I'm not sure if it's worth waiting for them to reach lvl 20 a second time (after quality recipe), as that'll take quite a while.

Reread that, my friend:

"A couple people contacted me in-game today"

=)

No, quality isn't anywhere near as important now. You can vaal without qualitying your first batch, then for min-max later on, do 20%'s.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 16, 2015, 6:50:01 AM
I got one question, do corrupted gems still get exp?
I always was under the impression that once currupted they are locked.

But as you and others posted to get quality on a empower first before corrupting I assume they in fact gain exp.

Playing PoE for a long time now but because I never bothered with vaaling gems I have no clue.
"
I got one question, do corrupted gems still get exp?
I always was under the impression that once currupted they are locked.

But as you and others posted to get quality on a empower first before corrupting I assume they in fact gain exp.

Playing PoE for a long time now but because I never bothered with vaaling gems I have no clue.

Yes, but you can't GCP them anymore. That's their "locked" property. They still gain xp though.

So for example if for whatever reason you only had one PA level 20 and you were using it, and decided to corrupt it and it de-levelled to 19, you could still-relevel it back to 20.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
Reread that, my friend:

"A couple people contacted me in-game today"

=)

No, quality isn't anywhere near as important now. You can vaal without qualitying your first batch, then for min-max later on, do 20%'s.

Yeah, but that doesn't entail if they bought it today or just told you about it today. :) Okay, thanks! Guess I'll give it a shot as soon as they hit lvl 20.
Last edited by ClinchClonch on Jul 16, 2015, 7:20:11 AM
the recommended HC variant tree has 2 useless dex nodes at the bottem ;)
Also a jewel possible trough 10str into jewel(bottem), you choose 10 dex into jewel(right middle).
Minor difference but just pointing out :P

I'm using the tree, currently running 7 frenzy charges on HC. lvl 75
Had upto 90m xp/hour at lvl 68 breezing trough dried lake merc with a +2bow 4link(no empower)
Can't wait to have my empower leveled with a 5link +3 bow and drillneck :D

Do you think the choas dmg/dpsovertime cluster on the top right would give me more/equal damage then 3 frenzy charges ? it's 6 points vs 7 (but with + 30 intellect)
using that unique jewel (5%choas dmg per 10int ) in that jewelslot top right would give you 25% increase choas dmg

Also belly of the beast or lightning coil in HC? I dunno really, reduce the hard hitting physical "possible" oneshot or flat more life

current gear, 4.7k life (will drop hard with auraseize/goldwyrm)

Spoiler
ign: ropefly
Last edited by ropefly on Jul 16, 2015, 8:11:29 AM
"
Yes, but you can't GCP them anymore. That's their "locked" property. They still gain xp though.

So for example if for whatever reason you only had one PA level 20 and you were using it, and decided to corrupt it and it de-levelled to 19, you could still-relevel it back to 20.

Thanks as always for your fast reply and dedication for that guide.

So if I vaal a level 1 empower and it turns level 2 can it be leveled to level 3, or does this only happen if I successfully vaal it with regular max level? (Will be the same as with poisen arrow I guess, so it will only go to level 2?)

-I know I could possibly look it up via wiki or stuff like that but I prefer to get the info from you guys, so thanks again for all your help.
Last edited by tobiasbruckert on Jul 16, 2015, 10:11:16 AM
"
"

Thanks as always for your fast reply and dedication for that guide.

So if I vaal a level 1 empower and it turns level 2 can it be leveled to level 3, or does this only happen if I successfully vaal it with regular max level? (Will be the same as with poisen arrow I guess, so it will only go to level 2?)

-I know I could possibly look it up via wiki or stuff like that but I prefer to get the info from you guys, so thanks again for all your help.

If you vaal a level 1 gem, it can still become level 3 eventually regardless of the outcome. However, it can never reach level 4 (for that you'd need to vaal it at level 3 as it's +1 to its current level).

Mad props to you for writing such a well thought out guide! With the recent free respecs given out at the launch of 2.0. I've decided to try this build , I'm currently level 72 and I'm finding it very hard to survive. My cloud DPS isn't very good either I do about 3.3k or so which usually means most mobs take a few seconds to die.

My gear set up
Spoiler

Here's my passive tree

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4A7gMeBS0FtQYjCC4M8g-rFSAWvxmKGY4ZtBqPG8gfQSP2JIsmlSpNLOktgzB8NZI2PT7PPydDMUcGSRNKyE2SUUdSr1VLWhph4mKsZ_xsjG1sbmluqnTtdct2gn11guSJ4IqvjX2Nfo2_kBGTH5cGm42dqqXLrUq0xbTRtfK3trtNu-O95r6nwuzDM8M6xKLIDNDQ037UI9X42L3awdvn3V_jhOZY6mLtg-969qP22vsJ_ro=?accountName=asddsa106&characterName=MiseryMisery

I do have a few regrets laying around which I can use if necessary. I was not sure if a drillneck purchase would be worth it right now, given that I have not taken the pierce cluster (went for scion hp wheel instead)

PS: Though I have item rarity socketed right now , I usually run Conc effect.
so im leveling via death's harp path, should i spec out of those 3x10% dmg nodes at the ranger start? also in the lvl 89 non-jewel tree, itd be more efficient to take the two jewel slots below the scion start because those only involve a 1 pt investment. the two jewel slots you take near the ranger start involve 2 pt investments.
Last edited by alkoxide on Jul 16, 2015, 12:55:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info