[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
"
furiousnoob wrote:
Oh shit I didn't know that LMFAO.

Thanks!

What would you guys link with vuln? Besides Portal (which according to the wiki makes a portal) and faster casting?

Also I really like the flame golem - the thing actually gives a good chunk of +&tage damage which I assume scales with cloud?

I just link it to Faster Casting. Increased AOE isn't really necessary.

Flame Golem scales all damage. It's awesome. I link it with Minion Life. Minion Totem and Resistance could help too, but my links and colours don't support that yet.

Nah, AoE's just QoL for it.

Yeah, I'm waiting to finalize my gear before I put supports in for FG, too. But it'snot priority.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
I apologize on behalf of GGG changing the drop rate of Goldwyrm's btw. Used to be 5c or less at this point. :P I don't think anyone anticipated that.

So given that Goldwyrms are now definitively on the same price point as Andys and not going to drop to previous levels, would you still prioritize Andy #1 > Goldwyrm > Andy #2?
"
Ruricon wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
I apologize on behalf of GGG changing the drop rate of Goldwyrm's btw. Used to be 5c or less at this point. :P I don't think anyone anticipated that.

So given that Goldwyrms are now definitively on the same price point as Andys and not going to drop to previous levels, would you still prioritize Andy #1 > Goldwyrm > Andy #2?

Yes. each point of quantity is worth roughly 4 of rarity, so even a 16% goldwyrm = 64% rarity equivalent.
Done. Almost.

So very nearly geared. Belt upgrade and I'm finished
Where are you farming for this "0.5ex/hr"? Also would it be an option to use rarity over aoe untill I hit the 5-link of the bow?
"
Pancakezx wrote:
Where are you farming for this "0.5ex/hr"? Also would it be an option to use rarity over aoe untill I hit the 5-link of the bow?

Maps.

I don't recommend taking out AoE personally, cloud radius gets super tiny without it unless you have Carcass Jack. But yes, you can do it.
i saw someone running PA-IIR-Conc Eff-Inc AoE-SP. thoughts on efficacy?

i also might have to go sadima's touch and then IIR-Res boots until i get goldwyrm
Last edited by alkoxide on Jul 15, 2015, 1:56:18 AM
Hi, so im level 73 and im still strugling with some 68/69 maps im at 4.3k dps with the golem out im kinda wondering how to eventually get better gear from here, i only have about 25chaos with all i did.
i was 3k life and im pretty much dying really fast, got maxed res.

Not really such what to do from now, im doing some tropical map or running some act 4 merc stuff..

What you did around lvl 60-75 to upgrade ur stuff?
I have 2 questions:

1º) If you have a Carcass Jack...can you swap AOE in your bow by ADDED CHAOS DMG?
2º) I have 22% inc. projec. dmg rolled in my bow, better DOT with LEO? (I think i need lv3 from Master)

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Jul 15, 2015, 2:38:30 AM
"
zerkHP wrote:
Hi, so im level 73 and im still strugling with some 68/69 maps im at 4.3k dps with the golem out im kinda wondering how to eventually get better gear from here, i only have about 25chaos with all i did.
i was 3k life and im pretty much dying really fast, got maxed res.

You should have closer to 4k by now. That's a big problem. I had 3k life by 64.

Also, flasks. Two Seething Hallowed Flasks are huge to instant-heal out of shitty situations. Pretty much a requirement for eva builds imho.

"
What you did around lvl 60-75 to upgrade ur stuff?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1291803/page/47#p10962985

I've also put this in the FAQ.

"
1º) If you have a Carcass Jack...can you swap AOE in your bow by ADDED CHAOS DMG?
2º) I have 22% inc. projec. dmg rolled in my bow, better DOT with LEO? (I think i need lv3 from Master)

1. No. Added chaos damage does nothing for the cloud damage, unless you use a 20% gem, but that's only 10% extra damage. Better aoe coverage = superior.
2. I don't understand what you mean here. If you have a prefix available, yes craft DoT in. Is that what you mean?

"
i saw someone running PA-IIR-Conc Eff-Inc AoE-SP. thoughts on efficacy?

Depends. +2 bow, it's fine. +3 bow, it's dependent on Drillneck.

Before Drillneck, it's fine to run IIR. But with Drillneck, the extra gem level by using Empower in a +3 bow provides too much dps to ignore imho.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 15, 2015, 3:09:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info