[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
mileycyrus143 wrote:
Why champion class not suggested? In terms of phc survivability it is king.
Because this is cloud damage... doesn't generate any "hits" to activate the Champion skills.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
mileycyrus143 wrote:
Why champion class not suggested? In terms of phc survivability it is king.

This is not an HC-focused guide, and there's no damage benefit.

Further, Trickster's defenses are underrated and very powerful.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Maybe its not good place to ask, but I hope you will answer me.

I was never strong enough to reach endgame maps, so I don't have experience there. But can someone tell me how much worse ,in terms of moneymaking, is normal, dps char on med-high level maps (so, more modes on maps=more iiq/iir) compared to magic finder that runs voll/low level maps?

"
DamianTaps wrote:

I was never strong enough to reach endgame maps, so I don't have experience there. But can someone tell me how much worse ,in terms of moneymaking, is normal, dps char on med-high level maps (so, more modes on maps=more iiq/iir) compared to magic finder that runs voll/low level maps?

You can see the increase in IIR?IIQ as you try different modes but (I believe) the +% to mob are best. ex: slower life % mana regen, -%max resistances and so on.
As we get our hand on the first jewel slot very early in the game and by that time most of our items are magic. I think using a cheap jewel as "Hidden Potential" is a very good choice. the %20+ per magic item is too yummy to ignore, what do you think?
"
DamianTaps wrote:

A character with good IIR/IIQ will collect much more currency than one without IIR/IIQ even if the magic find character is running low-level maps whereas the high level character is running High Tier maps. High Tier maps aren't run with the express goal of generating currency; they're run for the challenge of it and to help level past 92ish or so.

But I don't think this is a good way of looking at it.

By following this guide you'll end up with a very good IIR/IIQ character capable of rapidly clearing Mid Tier and lower level end-game maps. To be most effective in terms of currency generation I'd say you want to run Tier 5 through Tier 9 or 10 most of the time (this is my experience - Serleth may have better insight into the most profitable map Tier range to run). Maps in this range aren't hard at all so you can speed clear them; at the same time, rares have an opportunity to drop with the most valuable affixes. Finally, if you alch Mid Tier maps you'll end up with higher IIQ/IIR than you would alching Low Tier maps because Mid Tier maps unlock combinations of affixes that aren't possible for Low Tier maps.

I hope the above answers your question - but feel free to ask for more detail if needed.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 13, 2016, 11:44:03 AM
Thx for answer. So, I have another question. For now I think about buying +2 5L bow, ~50% iir rings/amu (without hp/res), iir hat, sadimas, perandus blazon, goldwyrms and tabula/greed's embrace 4L. So I will have very bad survi. Do you think this will be enough to run low level maps (70-)? Also, how important is occultist ascendancy? I mean, Merc lab will be very hard (ofc after getting some resists), so will probably try it on higher levels.

And last, rarity on jewels. It's worth? Or focus on dmg/survi?
Thx for answer. So, I have another question. For now I think about buying +2 5L bow, ~50% iir rings/amu (without hp/res), iir hat, sadimas (or maybe aurseize?), perandus blazon, goldwyrms and tabula/greed's embrace 4L. So I will have very bad survi. Do you think this will be enough to run low level maps (70-)? Also, how important is occultist ascendancy? I mean, Merc lab will be very hard (ofc after getting some resists), so will probably try it on higher levels.

"
DamianTaps wrote:
Thx for answer. So, I have another question. For now I think about buying +2 5L bow, ~50% iir rings/amu (without hp/res), iir hat, sadimas, perandus blazon, goldwyrms and tabula/greed's embrace 4L. So I will have very bad survi. Do you think this will be enough to run low level maps (70-)? Also, how important is occultist ascendancy? I mean, Merc lab will be very hard (ofc after getting some resists), so will probably try it on higher levels.

Your goal should be to strike a balance between survivability, clear speed and magic find; if you find yourself dying more than say once every other level, then you'll want to get more health/resists/evasion or whatever stat that's lacking and causing you to die.

I would definitely not use Tabula Rasa once you get a 5-link +2 bow; your chest and belt are two items where you want defensive stats: high life, high evasion (on the chest) and lots of resists.

I would not purchase Greed's Embrace for this build; although its magic find is fantastic, Greed's Embrace offers nothing in terms of survivability and the 20% movement speed penalty is just awful. Instead, get an evasion chest with life and resistances (eventually you'll want a Carcass Jack but that's way off in the future, once the rest of your gear is top notch and you can make up the resists you're missing out of by not wearing a good evasion rare chest).

You'll also want life and resists on your Helmet, Gloves and Amulet - but look for high IIR on the helm and gloves and eventually on the amulet too.

In other words, don't go hog wild on magic find stats. You want to be able to have decent clear speed and excellent survivability while leveling - dying slows you down, eats up a portal, and the experience point penalty makes leveling all that slower.
=====
As for magic find on jewels... I'd put that as low-priority. Use your jewels to fill in the stats that you need; typically life and resists but once your gear gets much better probably life and dps.
======
The game's content is largely the same now as it was before ascendancy. So don't worry about ascending if you're still going through Act 3 Merciless. You can ascend if you want to but it's absolutely not necessary to make it all the way through Act 3 Merciless and beyond.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 13, 2016, 12:35:29 PM
I asked a while ago what class is going to be best for this build after the patch and you said Ranger for sure, now I see that the skill tree is for Scion, why is that? Fast answer is appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: Its probably already said but i have so little spare time to play the game and i dont want to spend it on searching the topic...
Last edited by mulerin0 on Mar 13, 2016, 1:38:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info