[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

yes, the title read dmg / minute

why is it useless, then? Isn't that what we needed for getting our actual numbers?
IGN: WildTortillaFart
"
Serleth wrote:
"
d3s0 wrote:
Just curious, why don't you take Fatal Toxins circle? "increased damage with poison" should apply to both PA initial hit and cloud, shouldn't it?

Nope, because the cloud is chaos damage, not poison damage, and the cloud is a ground effect that scales seperately purely with gem levels and is not modified by the bows physical damage value.

@ Chrono, thanks for the info in general, but those values are wrong.

You don't get 100k+ dps with PA in 2.0.

Those aren't BASE damage anyway,

base damage for level 20 gem before was like.. 1088? IIRC.

Those are "damage per minute" values. And completely useless.

That was one of my thoughts and what I was aware of. Cheers for clearing it up for me bro :)
1 hour left hypeee
lag duo-post
Last edited by d3s0 on Dec 11, 2015, 5:13:34 PM
lag tri-post
Last edited by d3s0 on Dec 11, 2015, 5:13:19 PM
yes, the title read dmg / minute, i'll edit.

why is it so useless?
IGN: WildTortillaFart
No, we need base damage value in order to calculate dps properly. Damage per minute does nothing.

Ugh, I haven't slept enough. Divide by 60, Serleth. NOT HARD.

Anyway, regarding gems, assuming the poehub is accurate we'll drop Slower Proj for Void Manipulation (extra 10% MORE damage).

Edit: level 21 base damage is 616 per second.

EDIT EDIT: I've let Vmoddin know where he can find it so hopefully he can update his calculator shortly before we go live.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 11, 2015, 3:25:17 PM
Ser, whats your personal preference on the ranger vs shadow issue, I guess you like the ranger more?
Spoiler
Hello again btw :*
I'll probably end up going Shadow because I know I'll find a way to make it work to my preferences, and a 2% life reduction is nothing for me in exchange for that extra damage.

I am a bit worried about the flexibility business, though. And honestly I just don't think I'll have enough time to examine everything before rolling.

EDIT

I'm rolling Ranger. There are too many questions to answer. Is the extra life regeneration better for noob-friendliness? With the new mana per level & mana cost, can we get away without Soul Siphon? Should we?

For the purposes of providing the best possible guide I'm going to stick with Ranger.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 11, 2015, 3:55:32 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same. Nice to try something abit different from what we did in warbads. Another question, seeing as most of the shadows damage comes from proj/dot and rangers from chaos. How does this influence the choice of jewels? Should I prio proj/dot if I roll shadow for example? :) Also, does all the damage sources scale in a similiar way?
It's not letting me edit posts right now.

I'm going Ranger.

There are just too many questions to answer, and I need flexibility to do that. Are we fine with 4% regen? Is 5% regen that much more noob-friendly that I should recommend it for new players? With the change to mana and mana cost, is Soul Siphon just as important, or can we rely on mana regeneration instead?

Etc.

So for the purposes of providing the community with the best possible guide, I'm going to go Ranger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info