[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Disclaimers are added to not use any tree but those in the first three spoilers in the OP and that the leveling guides will be out of date.

I have a lot of work to get done (actual IRL work) between now and league start tomorrow so I won't be able to update the leveling guides on time.

Sorry folks. Life happens.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
k0pkaas wrote:
Awesome! Tyvm for the advice. I'm going to give this build a shot at the start of Talisman to build up currency. One last question. I hadn't picked either Acro or IR yet because I wasn't sure which would be better to take. What's your opinion between the two?

Acro.
I dont think i will be playing CA in upcoming patch. Just wanted to check what's the news and etc...

What is the purpose of getting Wisdom of Glade (+30 Int Node up to Dirty Tecniques) ? If it's not a miss clicked or something and needed for int requirement, i think this optimization is better w/o it however with same int gain from build.

poeurl.com/tKY
Last edited by Belanir on Dec 10, 2015, 10:25:22 PM
Soul Siphon is better (MgOK rules and allows you to drop flasks in more map mods, including reduced recovery maps. It's seriously OP).

Primal Spirit is therefore a waste of two nodes.

Growth and Decay allows us to out-regenerate Blood Rage.

Means we're a hairball intelligence-shy (which wouldn't be a problem in a non-MF build), so we grab that intelligence node.

All told, my tree is only -2% damage compared to yours but my utility is better.

Not trying to bash your work or anything, just explaining why I made those decisions.
Well before the 2.1 Master of The Arena along with other small reg nodes was more than enough to get rid of the Blood Rage UnRegen. And about mana, we will have more mana per level and less mana required for leveled skills i assume, and Primal Spirit is not waste since it gives 20 Str and 20 Int, more Flask Charges besides than just mana regeneration.

And your tree not only - %2 damage but also has -%5 inc life, -12 Chaos Resistance, and lack some evasion rating relatively. I dont think it's a good exchange for upgrading %5 life reg per second to %6.

I dont feel anything about bashing my build or so, it wont be the build i will be playing either. Decisions make differences of course. I want to try something new that's why i wont go for CA in new league even i find it really effective and funny build, but that would be my decion for 115 skill points to spend.

Even if you find all my decisions are not ideal, you could at least take evasion + life node at the start area of Ranger instead of just %5 life but additional %14 evasion rating as well.
Last edited by Belanir on Dec 11, 2015, 12:08:56 AM
Last edited by allanon12 on Dec 11, 2015, 12:35:44 AM
"
Belanir wrote:
Well before the 2.1 Master of The Arena along with other small reg nodes was more than enough to get rid of the Blood Rage UnRegen. And about mana, we will have more mana per level and less mana required for leveled skills i assume, and Primal Spirit is not waste since it gives 20 Str and 20 Int, more Flask Charges besides than just mana regeneration.

And your tree not only - %2 damage but also has -%5 inc life, -12 Chaos Resistance, and lack some evasion rating relatively. I dont think it's a good exchange for upgrading %5 life reg per second to %6.

I dont feel anything about bashing my build or so, it wont be the build i will be playing either. Decisions make differences of course. I want to try something new that's why i wont go for CA in new league even i find it really effective and funny build, but that would be my decion for 115 skill points to spend.

Even if you find all my decisions are not ideal, you could at least take evasion + life node at the start area of Ranger instead of just %5 life but additional %14 evasion rating as well.

a) No, Blood Rage degens at 3.8%, we got 3.6 regen in 2.0. Now we can scale up above that, covering the degen and actually regenerate life. Also, see point C.
b) Flask charges are ultimately useless for this build, if you're playing it halfway decent. I've never run out of flasks in a standard map. Strength requirements are satisfied, no need for more mana with Soul Siphon, mana per level = higher level ciarity available = regen's covered.
c) That regen is more significant than you think. It's the difference between a pack of corrupting blood or a hard crit puncture killing you, and not. Remember, Atziri punctures harder now, too. It's more important than 5% life. It buys time to flask when necessary. Which also conserves charges. ;)
d) Thanks for the eva/life spot. Will change.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 11, 2015, 1:09:46 AM
Nothing to see here.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 11, 2015, 7:02:12 AM
Well.

That looks beautiful.
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
maybe I'm tired too, but isn't the combined shadow-tree damage% only 349%? 120+99+130 =/= 425 or do I miss something?

I'm very unsure at the moment, basically because of all the "nerf frenzy" and because we have no answer yet for definite level values of our gems.

Is there an updated PA-DPS calculator somewhere which reflects the confirmed nerf of lvl 20 PA?
IGN: WildTortillaFart

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info