[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Are you also going to be making a HC tree variant for Friday? If not, I've got a potential variation of the Ranger sketch you put on in the OP that simply pulls out of most of the jewel nodes to finish the Acrobatics tree, Scion life wheel, and picks up Thick Skin to bring the Max Life percent to 185. Here it is (in the offline skill planner) if you want to take a look.
"
skjutengris wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
As an aside, as I generally love the DoT style of play, I'm considering doing something like an EK or Blade Vortex / Blade Fall + Poison build.

I think Blade Vortex has a lot of potential depending on the duration and power of the skill to basically DoT the shit out of everything in an LL RF setup, especially with RF now getting a 60% radius increase.

an alternative MF RF build doable then?

I doubt it'll be MF capable, simply because of the reservation required. It'd take too much investment to scale a decent amount of both damage and reservation reduction in order to be able to run the required purities.

Hence, aside.

"
Are you also going to be making a HC tree variant for Friday? If not, I've got a potential variation of the Ranger sketch you put on in the OP that simply pulls out of most of the jewel nodes to finish the Acrobatics tree, Scion life wheel, and picks up Thick Skin to bring the Max Life percent to 185. Here it is (in the offline skill planner) if you want to take a look.

I actually forgot about that, thanks for the reminder. I'll have one up for sure before the patch hits.

The jewel nodes actually add a lot of life and damage, so I'm not sure that's not an option. I'll take a closer look later today or tomorrow. Even with Drillneck and Poacher's Aim, those jewel nodes are 30% life, minimum.

In other words, we're already at minimum 177% life with the jewel nodes, which is fairly close to being HC-capable.

To translate that for you, that's roughly 5k life in a finished build at level 95.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 9, 2015, 3:49:12 PM
HC tree is up, posting it here for double visibility.

HC Tree

Requires Offline Planner. Copy pasta.

I've scaled it back five levels to make it more reasonable to achieve. It loses a frenzy charge, paths through Ranger's life start instead and drops the Ranger projectile damage.

I would prioritize dropping all but one of the Frenzy charges on the tree in favour of grabbing the full Acrobatics branch or Iron Reflexes first, then adding the Frenzy charges after level 86.

This tree ends up with 177% life, before jewels, and will hit at least 202% life after jewels.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 10, 2015, 6:01:41 AM
"
Serleth wrote:
HC tree is up, posting it here for double visibility.

HC Tree

Requires Offline Planner. Copy pasta.

I've scaled it back five levels to make it more reasonable to achieve. It loses a frenzy charge, paths through Ranger's life start instead and drops the Ranger projectile damage.

I would prioritize dropping all but one of the Frenzy charges on the tree in favour of grabbing the full Acrobatics branch or Iron Reflexes first, then adding the Frenzy charges after level 86.

This tree ends up with 177% life, before jewels, and will hit at least 202% life after jewels.

HC has far I played it makes me insane due to so many random events you die from.
I go soft, run around killing somne stuff, make a few drops and be happy with that.
Might improve with ascendancy
What do you think of this skill tree as a variation?
Passive skill tree build
Hey,

Thanks for the updated builds!

Are the links still the same in the new league what are mentioned in the guide. Or Did they add some juicy sup gems?
@k0p re: your tree, at work right now, will check it later.

@Moksu: For now, gems are the same, until we figure out how Void Manipulation scales, and whether we can tolerate removing +AoE to compensate for the damage nerf (or if we even feel we need to).
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 10, 2015, 4:59:38 PM
"
k0pkaas wrote:
What do you think of this skill tree as a variation?
Passive skill tree build

Pathing through Scion attack speed is a mistake. It's a waste of 5 points just to get a jewel socket.

This simple change has 1% less life than your tree, retains the jewel socket, and gains projectile damage and life regeneration, for the same points.

You have a fundamental issue of getting 0 mana regeneration or soul siphon though.

Written in Blood is inefficient unless you're going to pick up Atrophy. It's 5 points for 20% life, when you could spend 4 points to finish the scion life wheel for the same 20%, and gain an extra point to be able to grab Soul Siphon, which is pretty much critical to maintaining your mana pool for this build.

This is what the adjusted tree looks like

Damage-wise, this gets 392% damage and 164% life with 7 jewel sockets, at the cost of a frenzy charge, life regeneration, and mana regeneration.

All told, not bad.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 10, 2015, 6:15:40 PM
I've come up with an Iron Reflexes variant of the tree that's a little bit less efficient in terms of grabbing the intelligence requirements, and it sacrifices 1% life regeneration and 40% mana regeneration to pull off, but I figured because we'll be running Goldwyrm and getting an extra 160-190 mana from levels, which is basically 4-5 free levels of Clarity, we might be able to drop that mana regeneration.

For comparison purposes, the current Acro sketch:

Sketch #4 Stats

147% life
40% mana regeneration
5% life regeneration
191% proj damage
169% dot
20% chaos damage
7 jewel sockets
18% all res

Total damage: 380%

Iron Reflexes Sketch

147% life
0% mana regeneration
4% life regeneration
113% projectile damage
169% DoT
74% chaos damgae
7 jewel sockets
18% all res

Total Damage: 394%

It's not a significant damage increase, but for those interested in taking IR it's an option.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 10, 2015, 6:37:33 PM
Awesome! Tyvm for the advice. I'm going to give this build a shot at the start of Talisman to build up currency. One last question. I hadn't picked either Acro or IR yet because I wasn't sure which would be better to take. What's your opinion between the two?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info