Block incin and stuff *Discontinued due to Incinerate nerfs*

R.I.P Yotmato in tempest . How did that happen ? :(
Anyone already tried to do Atziri?
Before EB nerf, I was able to face tank Atziri (CoD/EB) and its really interesting how it would be with this build after all this chan

My dps is about 12k, but in this patch all monsters were buffed, it feel less than 6k before patch.
At the moment lvl.76 and planning to pick-up ~10% block chance from three.
"
doppelski wrote:
R.I.P Yotmato in tempest . How did that happen ? :(

I think its because of whirling blades.. In open space its good skill to move from sticky situation, but if a even tiny bird make poo on the ground, you way to escape blocked. To many times I fail to escape because some almost invisible obstacle was on the ground.
Maybe you can advice any analog to whirling blades, which would not be blocked by tiny objects and works with fortify?
I've farmed Atziri a ton on this build. It's super easy to do it deathless as long as you don't brain AFK. It's even easier if you have a Rathpith and high chaos res.

This is what I'm running right now. Tooltip DPS is around 7.5k with Tempest Shield and LMP. With slower projectiles it's something like 11k tooltip.

I have about 4.5k HP and 3.2k ES. This is probably WAY too much ES, so you should really be fine anywhere above 4k HP and ~1.5k-1.6k ES.

I run SP for all parts of the run except Atziri adds / healing phase. This is mostly out of laziness. Running SP is super shady unless you have a ton of projectile speed from tree or jewels (I run 20 quality incinerate and about 40 more projectile speed from jewels). Also, ignore the links in my Rainbowstrides - I am a little lazy about using Vaal Haste or anything else useful in the green link. The core links are essentially the same though.

At first, I thought Abyssal Cry would help against Atziri adds but then I realized that projectile speed on jewels is all that it takes to make that phase SUPER easy (it's already easy enough given you have the right DPS).

I've killed Atziri 30+ times now, all deathless when I'm not brain AFK. I actually facetank the entire Trio fight after I kill the girl with super high phys damage. I can only do this because of my abnormally high chaos res, though. Otherwise, you just WB around the arena and hit the adds for pots as necessary. Kill order is pretty standard: ranged -> dual strike -> cyclone (first to last).

Double vaal is a joke. Without a Rathpith be sure to run anti shock in case you get lasered, but with the Rathpith the only thing you need to dodge is the slam.

Atziri is very mechanical - just dodge flameblasts with WB whenever you feel unsafe. WB makes the fight INCREDIBLY easy, since it gets you out of range of all of the badness so fast that you can do so strictly based off of your own reactions (no planning or preempting necessary).

I recommend doing Atziri only after you have a fair amount of spellblock. Rainbowstride + Lazhwar should be enough. You can really just do it while running the Lazhwar, but any more is really just a quality of life improvement. Good luck!

Also, to the OP - thanks for the build! This was super fun to run, and SUPER safe. Phys is the only scary damage type at the moment, so I'm thinking of swapping in some armor hybrid pieces, but overall this build is incredibly hard to die with as long as you don't brain AFK.

Something to note for people running this - in the way that things go, this build has a very low damage ceiling. That isn't to say the build doesn't do enough damage - it absolutely does to clear all of the late game content. It's just that compared to most builds, we peak out at a much lower point with no further means of scaling, since we rely on block nodes in tree to get spell damage. Even with perfectly crafted jewels (block, life, spell, fire damage) and a 6 link, the damage output from this build is very middle-of-the road. Again, can run all content, but you're not going to be pushing anywhere near 80k DPS.

If you want to feel hella safe though, give this a whirl. I'm virtually unkillable at this point. I'm pretty sure WB and block both need nerfs.
Last edited by skippyta on Jul 20, 2015, 3:20:44 AM
"
If you want to feel hella safe though, give this a whirl. I'm virtually unkillable at this point. I'm pretty sure WB and block both need nerfs.

LoL, dont say that, ggg is nerfing all, and block DONT need nerf, its actually a bit nerfed and fuck this build. 2%to1% jewels.
Its a good build designed, but too low DPS for all the work, suravility>dps, thats all.
a bit OP is dual flame totem xd

If anyone want a more DPS build similar this is expensive but works.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1297271
IGN:ZorryFlurry
can't find a fucking rathpith in tempest T.T
"
doppelski wrote:
can't find a fucking rathpith in tempest T.T

I heard posting it here will increase your chances, Kappa
Just a quick observation I made when trying to clear Hall of Grandmasters @ lvl 84.

Everything went as planned and without problems until I reached StickyFingers lvl 92 exile with what seems to be a a low life high es build. No way passing through him since attacking him just drains my es to 0 and I have to run. No way to recharge. Other than that, I cleaned them all up but was unable to open the chest since that guy was the only one left in the arena.

Besides that, this build rocks. Thanks.
IGN: Kuratti
IGN: Sisatta
"
skippyta wrote:
I've farmed Atziri a ton on this build. It's super easy to do it deathless as long as you don't brain AFK. It's even easier if you have a Rathpith and high chaos res.

This is what I'm running right now. Tooltip DPS is around 7.5k with Tempest Shield and LMP. With slower projectiles it's something like 11k tooltip.

I have about 4.5k HP and 3.2k ES. This is probably WAY too much ES, so you should really be fine anywhere above 4k HP and ~1.5k-1.6k ES.

I run SP for all parts of the run except Atziri adds / healing phase. This is mostly out of laziness. Running SP is super shady unless you have a ton of projectile speed from tree or jewels (I run 20 quality incinerate and about 40 more projectile speed from jewels). Also, ignore the links in my Rainbowstrides - I am a little lazy about using Vaal Haste or anything else useful in the green link. The core links are essentially the same though.

At first, I thought Abyssal Cry would help against Atziri adds but then I realized that projectile speed on jewels is all that it takes to make that phase SUPER easy (it's already easy enough given you have the right DPS).

I've killed Atziri 30+ times now, all deathless when I'm not brain AFK. I actually facetank the entire Trio fight after I kill the girl with super high phys damage. I can only do this because of my abnormally high chaos res, though. Otherwise, you just WB around the arena and hit the adds for pots as necessary. Kill order is pretty standard: ranged -> dual strike -> cyclone (first to last).

Double vaal is a joke. Without a Rathpith be sure to run anti shock in case you get lasered, but with the Rathpith the only thing you need to dodge is the slam.

Atziri is very mechanical - just dodge flameblasts with WB whenever you feel unsafe. WB makes the fight INCREDIBLY easy, since it gets you out of range of all of the badness so fast that you can do so strictly based off of your own reactions (no planning or preempting necessary).

I recommend doing Atziri only after you have a fair amount of spellblock. Rainbowstride + Lazhwar should be enough. You can really just do it while running the Lazhwar, but any more is really just a quality of life improvement. Good luck!

Also, to the OP - thanks for the build! This was super fun to run, and SUPER safe. Phys is the only scary damage type at the moment, so I'm thinking of swapping in some armor hybrid pieces, but overall this build is incredibly hard to die with as long as you don't brain AFK.

Something to note for people running this - in the way that things go, this build has a very low damage ceiling. That isn't to say the build doesn't do enough damage - it absolutely does to clear all of the late game content. It's just that compared to most builds, we peak out at a much lower point with no further means of scaling, since we rely on block nodes in tree to get spell damage. Even with perfectly crafted jewels (block, life, spell, fire damage) and a 6 link, the damage output from this build is very middle-of-the road. Again, can run all content, but you're not going to be pushing anywhere near 80k DPS.

In beta I reached 19k tooltip which is exactly 80k dps, irony.

Good post but refrain from talking about "dps ceiling" when you have a 5l, no quality gems and probably crap jewels, ty
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Last edited by yotmato on Jul 20, 2015, 6:27:00 AM

"
In beta I reached 19k tooltip which is exactly 80k dps, irony.

Well, 19k x 3= 57K dps, we are in 2.0, inci is not multiplicated by 4.
IGN:ZorryFlurry

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info