Map Drops in The Awakening

Yep, I really dislike this new system. Pre-patch I built a small trove of lv 76-78 maps. In this last week I chiselled and alched them, running all kinds of dangerous mods to improve my chances (man, I really should have skipped on that "-22 all res" Shrine map...) and found nothing more than a couple of lv 77 maps. Quite underwhelming, in my opinion. And when you realize the amount of currency you're sinking in this exercise in futility you cannot help but feel like a total moron.

I think that the risks that people take by running maps with crazy mods should be reason enough for receiving higher level maps. If you manage to consistently run lv 79 maps with Vulnerability on and "increased monster damage", you probably deserve access to lv 80 maps. Linking so tightly late game content to currency expenditure seems like a great way to alienate a huge chunk of this gaming community. I mean, do I really have to fully chisel a map, alch, re-roll with chaos, vaal and then boost with fragments in order to a have a decent shot at moving up the ladder ?
"
punisher357 wrote:
Yep, I really dislike this new system. Pre-patch I built a small trove of lv 76-78 maps. In this last week I chiselled and alched them, running all kinds of dangerous mods to improve my chances (man, I really should have skipped on that "-22 all res" Shrine map...) and found nothing more than a couple of lv 77 maps. Quite underwhelming, in my opinion. And when you realize the amount of currency you're sinking in this exercise in futility you cannot help but feel like a total moron.

I think that the risks that people take by running maps with crazy mods should be reason enough for receiving higher level maps. If you manage to consistently run lv 79 maps with Vulnerability on and "increased monster damage", you probably deserve access to lv 80 maps. Linking so tightly late game content to currency expenditure seems like a great way to alienate a huge chunk of this gaming community. I mean, do I really have to fully chisel a map, alch, re-roll with chaos, vaal and then boost with fragments in order to a have a decent shot at moving up the ladder ?

Unfortunately I agree with this post, I have traded ingame for several 77-79 maps and when theyre gone, theyre gone. I run every mod i run into minus blood magic (I even run double reflect on a melee build.) and cannot manage to sustain maps. I have noticed my currency dwindling every time I have to get more maps and its impossible to sustain them, this really isn't fun if everything I make mapping has to go into getting more maps.

While I don't run in groups due to pc issues which im sure decreases drop rate, it should be possible for the solo player to get more than 1-2 maps over the course of running 15 maps.
Still cant sustain lvl 74/75 maps, and yes that is with chisel, chaos for >= 100 quantity.
Last edited by Koksii on Aug 20, 2015, 12:25:20 PM
Yeeeeeep.

Thats it GGG. Fucking tossing everything I have into 74 maps to try and build up my pool (went from tempest to warbands to finish my ach. F those as well btw). Up to 73 is easy. After that - its just a waste of time. I played POE ALOT (GG would know I reacon - its in your system) - and I am no pro - but I would say I am a half exp. player. I alch and chissel and chaos and its so stupid. At one 130% map I get shit - then I run a FU all one aclh 59% and I get a map drop. The system does not make sense in my opinion. Its just luck. You should impl. some kind of meta that players can trust and aim towards - to keep up their spirits. Boss drops is shit - its so low that you can spend 10 min fighting off Hulk Hokan on steriods - YAJ - did it. What drops? Shit!

Anyway. Feel free to toss out your NOOB, "you have no clue", jee, read this guide" comments. Im just speaking my mind based on what I know - and I dont think Im the only one in the universe feeling this way.

Great game - but you really put me off trying to move up to at LEAST having enough 76s to run. And by that I dont mean I run a 75 to get a 76. But you should not need to run 40 73s to get 7 74s. then run more 74s to get another 5 73s and perhaps one 75. then on top of that you get pit, pat and fucking 68/69/70/71 crap. And you keep at it until you have 10 74s. Now, if you ran all those, at least give me one 76 and perhaps 3 - 4 75s.

Just my ten cents.

Anyways.

Goodbye.
I can feel you Blast. Ran through my (ofc high rolled/ corrupted/ +sac fragment)maps which I put aside to run after the 2.0.2 patch, now I'm pretty down. Combined with occassional maps, which are kicking me out upon reentering it is getting frustrating to not get enough content to drop.

It's not some very strong item/ affix we are talking about, it's content to play.
"
flipser wrote:
I can feel you Blast. Ran through my (ofc high rolled/ corrupted/ +sac fragment)maps which I put aside to run after the 2.0.2 patch, now I'm pretty down. Combined with occassional maps, which are kicking me out upon reentering it is getting frustrating to not get enough content to drop.

It's not some very strong item/ affix we are talking about, it's content to play.

I've been running double reflect/fracture/temp chains/crit mods anything that rolls aside from blood magic. I chisel, alch, chaos if theres blood magic, vaal, then use a sac piece. I had 10x 77 maps a couple days ago and now im down to 76s again lol.

e/ OH and got 1 78 map out of all of that lmao

e/ I would also like to mention that I love this game, it's absolutely amazing. But the three things that irritate me and discourage me from continuing are the following:

1) the trade system. Trade chat is toxic and poe.trade is worthless. Put in an ingame auction house already, every time i see an item I want on poe.trade the response is either "sorry playing warbands not hopping" or "player is offline"

2) Map drop rates at the moment.

3) Ingame bugs and glitches, lag near shrines and strongboxes, etc.. You've made enough money off of the players to invest into fixing some of these issues so do it already.
Last edited by BajaBlazin on Aug 24, 2015, 1:08:09 AM
=o
uhm wtf are happening to map drops im playing in a duo and we maneged to get us a ok map pool to play from but last week its all used up if we get a map drop its lvl 68-69 max we roll the maps high and kill boss and get nada ... wants us to run out compleatly and lose interrest in game and leave or ????? grinding lvl 73-74 maps arent realy doing enything for me so that will be the result like soon
I have to agree with the complaints; if I run a 79/80 map with 80-100% IIQ, I might find one map, but typically don't find anything. When I run a 74/75 with 27-30% IIQ I seem to find 3-4 maps per run. What sense does that make?
"
Spund209 wrote:
What sense does that make?

It isn't supposed to make sense, it is supposed to be "unsustainable content for the elite players". Guess you are not elite enough.
In years to come
You hear my name
When darkness falls
On judgment day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info