Map Drops in The Awakening

Interesting that map bosses will finally be more rewarding. Will the ones that are currently skipped the most for being too hard not be buffed? Sure hope so. Meanwhile there's a ton of map bosses that are too easy. Looking forward to seeing this.

Oh and please for the love of God look into temp chains. It was made horrendous in the awakening, please either tone it down significantly or just remove it. It's the most boring map mod of all and it seriously sucks to alch a bunch of maps and have temp chains on every one - a lot of lower level maps aren't worth the currency it'd take to reroll temp chains of them and being forced to slog through it is plain not fun at all.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Jun 8, 2015, 8:07:12 PM
Idea. Full clearing a map, last mob drops a map.
Well it's good to know that the struggles I've had sustaining maps above 74 has been intentional.

Looking forward to adjusted drops.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Is the +2 from Map bosses simply restricted to map items... will item (armour/weapons) drops from rares/unqiues still be +2 item level drops?
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
"
Making map bosses more challenging and more rewarding to fight. They will drop more items (and maps) than they currently do. Note that they will now be the only monsters that drop maps two tiers above the current map level.

Really smart decision imho. This is a direct nerf to magic/rare being two of the three ultimate affixes to roll (with packsize being the remainder).
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
good changes imho
IGN TylordRampage
I run my maps rare with chisels, sacrifice fragments, the works. On the Live realm, I have had an impossible time trying to sustain 75+ maps. 100%, 120%, chiseled, not chiseled, doesn't matter. And you're going to decrease my chances further? I play on Hardcore, and I'm running them about as hard as I can. I do everything "right" and yet I still continually run out of maps.

What a waste of a game, locking me out of level appropriate content because my luck wasn't sufficient is the worst system in the entire game.

But hey, thanks for increasing the drops from whatever even worse situation they are in in Beta. Ridiculous.

Team Won
Hmph actual communication.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
The thing is though... wasting time and currency rolling maps isn't enjoyable. And it's not a challenge, either. Rolling good maps is just RNG. I don't want the endgame to be RNG gated.
IGN: OldManSyndrome or _OldManSyndrome_
"
Serleth wrote:
Well it's good to know that the struggles I've had sustaining maps above 74 has been intentional.

Looking forward to adjusted drops.

I can't get maps above 72 ATM. Just don't drop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info