Map Drops in The Awakening

"
Quiex__VZ wrote:
awww u poor babies, QQing about your lack of map sustain. Maybe you'd like them to reintroduced the former Exp set up too? where you can ONLY get exp in maps that are withing your range, but no, you always get a flat 2% of everything you kill no matter the map level. you wana get to lvl 100 you can do it doing peity runs if you want. granted it'll take forever, but less we forget the endless Baal runs. In reality its not that bad.

I always find profile surfing amusing.

Last few people that I saw in threads blaming others for "QQ" had their main character no higher than 87 with sub 10 exa gear setups.

No wonder, lmao

#nottheintendedaudience
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
This map drop rate is garbage, frankly I'm tired of spending so much currency on maps and still can't sustain them. I will add my voice of discontent, It should not be this hard to maintain maps pool. /*sigh/ well I hope this is looked at soon. I want to support ggg but my interest is fading...
"
allsunsdawn wrote:
"
Quiex__VZ wrote:
awww u poor babies, QQing about your lack of map sustain. Maybe you'd like them to reintroduced the former Exp set up too? where you can ONLY get exp in maps that are withing your range, but no, you always get a flat 2% of everything you kill no matter the map level. you wana get to lvl 100 you can do it doing peity runs if you want. granted it'll take forever, but less we forget the endless Baal runs. In reality its not that bad.

I always find profile surfing amusing.

Last few people that I saw in threads blaming others for "QQ" had their main character no higher than 87 with sub 10 exa gear setups.

No wonder, lmao

#nottheintendedaudience

Yeah,can confirm that. But i liked the advice to level to 100 doing piety runs.
"And to you my son,i leave this 98 lvl ranger doing piety."
As a test I ran 20 lvl 75 maps, chiselled all to 20%Q, all were 80%+ IIQ, most had pack size and I vaaled a lot of them. Result: 1 76, 10 75s, 6 74s. GGG, it is essentially impossible to sustain anything over level 74 from my experience with lvl 91, 84 and 83 characters since the awakening. It's sickening spending currency to get almost no map returns, and after playing 3 characters to end game maps, still only being able to run 74 maps consistantly, which might I add, is the MOST ANNOYING MAP POOL tier with the annoying bosses that appear on lvl 74 maps. I'm almost at the quitting point, not being able to get to higher level maps makes it a boring grind on the same non-challenging content (besides some of the annoying map bosses). I guess the challenge we're supposed to have is run temp chains maps non stop for the extra quantity >.<. I love the game but the direction you have taken it with the map drops is terrible. To give some perspective I could maintain 76+ maps last temp league after my 3rd char reaching lvl 80+. Make +2 maps drop off all unique mobs, and make bosses that drop a map only be able to drop a map of equal level to the instance or higher. If a change doesn't come soon I can't see myself playing this game for too much longer unfortunately.
While I am dissapointed with the current map setup, I think people are taking it to a bit of an extreme. RNG is RNG is RNG. I have 4 characters at 80-90 on warbands, so the last of which I had a mediocre pool to work from, that said, I have leveled 85-90 on nothing but 76+ maps. I chisel and alch to 90+ IIQ, I kill every boss, usually for no drop whatsoever, but I get returns on average one per map. I tried very hard to get rid of all of my 75 maps by magicking and running them quickly, and I ended up with more than I started with.

So some of us are unlucky. It comes in waves. Would I prefer maps dropped more than they do now? sure. But is it worth whining about? no. I spent an entire month a while back chaining 78s with a few others to get a toon to 93. This new setup, Ill be 93 doing maps solo by next week.
Last edited by Ggiant85 on Aug 9, 2015, 10:44:04 AM
"
Ggiant85 wrote:
While I am dissapointed with the current map setup, I think people are taking it to a bit of an extreme.

If people won't dip GGG in their shit they will not understand what they did wrong. Well they don't seem to get it anyway but as least we tried.
In years to come
You hear my name
When darkness falls
On judgment day
"
Lorginir wrote:
"
Ggiant85 wrote:
While I am dissapointed with the current map setup, I think people are taking it to a bit of an extreme.

If people won't dip GGG in their shit they will not understand what they did wrong. Well they don't seem to get it anyway but as least we tried.

And similarly people need to realize that this game is ever evolving, not meant to be easy. They purposefully moved the bar so that things got harder not easier. This is GGG we are talking about. They upped the max map levels and they still want 100 to be a very tough thing to get your hands on. Since this league began i have seen people complain about maps in all sorts of ways. being stuck at a certain level of maps as sustainable is the most popular and i just dont buy it. Granted, I have never seen an 82 map drop, but I have got at least half a dozen 81s ince i started regularly running 79s about a week ago. They are purposefully rare, and I am pretty ok with that.
Where's the harm in getting top tier maps a bit more easily, still takes a shit load of work to reach lvl100. I know i'm frustrated grinding the 74-75 and occasional 76-77 maps. Makes me wonder why continue when i can't progress in the game. Sure i could buy the maps, but i don't think that GGG is that retarded for this to be the intent.
"
Lorginir wrote:
"
Ggiant85 wrote:

This. They made a very fun game a lot worse, and I don't see a reason to shut up until it is addressed.
I chisel and alc every map over 74. Impossible to sustain 76's and up. I don't want to party. I play at dawn when i get off from work mostly and i can only party with overseas players with high latency.
Partying should be a feature,not a requirement for this type of game. Game is harder solo but less rewarding. I just want to be able to enjoy high maps solo. What is so wrong with this,i don't get it.
It's not like i'll quit if i hit 98 or smth.
I understand rng but this is just sadistic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info