Map Drops in The Awakening

Does this mean that the -4/10 level map drops will be reduced as well? It's complete bullshit that in a 78 map with 120q (or less) the majority of maps that drop are more often than not at least 5 levels below.

If this change is going through, I think that the lowest map possible to drop should also be adjusted to within ~2 or 3 levels below at most with a higher chance of dropping map on the same level as the one you're in.
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
Making everything harder, appart from the end-game content?

This is one of the dumbest things i´ve seen comming out from GGG, Logic? THERE AINT ANY!
- Dont try to Justify something that is shit, and suggarcoat it just to make it sound good, IT´S F=?I"#% AWFULL!
zzZzzzZzzZz
It may just be me, but I felt that on the live servers (as a solo player that rarely did ROTS) using my more limited SC experience (which is fairer to compare than HC because obviously there you wont do dangerously rolled maps ie in general less quantity) after initially buying a large pack of 73s-74s (ie. trading and interacting with others like GGG wants us to) I had no problem in sustaining these, had many decent runs of 75s-76s and had just about enough 77s and 78s to feel they were 'special' but not enough to sustain them, making me push myself to run harder and harder (ie unideal maps that had higher quantity) 75, 76s and 77s (for more drops and maps).
This is my opinion of the end game: The player increases their own difficulty level to be able get more drops and better experience. As it should be and I thought GGG wanted it.

Summary: I felt map drops on live servers were finally reaching a point where they felt balanced. I don't want things easy, not in a game like POE, I'm here for the challenge, but decreasing drops again?!

Do others feel the same?
Do we really want to go back to horrendous drops, which were (for me) THE WORST PART OF THE GAME. (more tilesets for higher maps would be cool tho! Why have sooooo many 66s and 67s if you play so few of them!).
Now that I'm at it, maybe a suggestion: instead of making map drops less, make the maps themselves inherently harder (or more hp, or a free mod or stg!). Increase the risk so the reward feels worth it!
Last edited by Drakkon1 on Jun 10, 2015, 11:10:13 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I like these changes.

Ia gree with anuhart the difficulty thing is a bit lol, but that aside... I think these are good changes.

I would say maps whos bosses dont need buffed...

palace
crematorium
jungle valley
museum
graveyard
dungeon
torture chamber

those bosses are already needing a reward worthy of the risk they provide, players are skipping these bosses more often than they should because the current risk is too high for the potential of their drops.

honestly most of the other bosses could do with being buffed, stuff like shipyard is a complete joke, way too many of the bosses are a complete joke. But you have to be careful because crematorium is retarded, it feels like you have instagib 6 figure dps or you use rise of the phoenix with purity of fire or you do not even attempt this boss regardless of what it drops because the damage of that firestorm is insane. You dont want every single boss being a complete build/damage gate like crema because thats actually very harmful and will not result in players feeling the challenge is worth almost certain death when running those maps over and over if they do not meet the narrow criteria for the fight.

yea shippyard boss.... i wait a buff for this boss since open beta and still nothing this boss is like a 66 map boss (oh no srry orchard and dungeon boss are 50 time more dangerous).

Only thing you need for crematorium boss is a ruby flask its enought if there is no dmg mod.
Can the 10% loss in experience be reduced for deaths? This seriously kills me. HATE it so much it's not funny and completely turns me off the game from character level 80+ because experience takes so long.
"
Drakkon1 wrote:
You are talking about challenge. What has droprate of maps anything to do with challenge.

Map is challenging when u are unable to beat map because of skill, gear or build. Not because you drop them rarely.

Personally I find this king of arguments pathetic. I'm talking about arguments like "we want 78 maps to be exciting and challenging, therefore we will nerf droprate to ground so can't get them, otherwise they wouldn't be exciting and challenging, right?". Wrong.

You think that solution for bored players which sustain level 78 maps is to nerf droprate of these maps to point where they are barely able to sustain them?

What about actually adding more tilesets, or making tilesets random like Zana dailies. What about increasing map level cap significantly so they are actually CHALLENGING instead of having challenging droprate. What about actually removing the damn level cap of maps completely so players can do maps level 90 if they have character capable of doing so.
Last edited by Diphal on Jun 10, 2015, 9:04:05 AM
"
Diphal wrote:
"
Drakkon1 wrote:
You are talking about challenge. What has droprate of maps anything to do with challenge.

Map is challenging when u are unable to beat map because of skill, gear or build. Not because you drop them rarely.

Map drop base on the dificulty of the map, problem solve ;)It would be the best mechanic hard map = high chance to get map.
Add me to the long, long list of those who are disappointed by the planned changes to maps.

I don't understand why access to end game needs to be effectively reduced. That makes no sense to me. I also don't understand why +2 maps shouldn't be allowed to drop, except from bosses. A number of map bosses are overtuned and routinely skipped, so what's the point of making their rewards better? Most won't fight them anyways.

Hopefully GGG puts together a huge advertizing budget for Awakenings and brings in a *LOT* of new players. I'm hoping for that because I believe the game will be losing a *LOT* of current players over these planned changes to mapping.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Jun 10, 2015, 10:26:42 AM
"
keta wrote:
Map drop base on the dificulty of the map, problem solve ;)It would be the best mechanic hard map = high chance to get map.
Well, it basically is made this way right now. More item quantity should mean more map drop, right? More quentity should also mean that map will be more challenging.

Problem is that current numbers are not balanced well. It's not worth rerolling map mods once u got at least 75% quantity (chiseles one).

Also, rolling monster pack might be more efficient than rolling hard mods. At least map drop wise. Once you are crafting monster pack, you don't care what other rolls you got in the process (even when they provide only low item quantity). Its not worth reroling map once u got monster pack mod.

I don't bealive that crafting map with monster pack and some hard mods would provide you enough maps to pay off for the ammount of currency you would spend in the process of crafting.
Last edited by Diphal on Jun 10, 2015, 10:28:50 AM
"
Diphal wrote:
"
keta wrote:
Well, it basically is made this way right now. More item quantity should mean more map drop, right? More quentity should also mean that map will be more challenging.

Problem is that current numbers are not balanced well. It's not worth rerolling map mods once u got at least 75% quantity (chiseles one).

Also, rolling monster pack might be more efficient than rolling hard mods. At least map drop wise. Once you are crafting monster pack, you don't care what other rolls you got in the process (even when they provide only low item quantity). Its not worth reroling map once u got monster pack mod.

I don't bealive that crafting map with monster pack and some hard mods would provide you enough maps to pay off for the ammount of currency you would spend in the process of crafting.

You're right that some map mods are clearly preferable to others (pack size being an easy example), but maths is maths and a 150% Q will drop more of everything than a 75% Q (assuming both have the same mob mods and the first simply has more mods). Whether it is worth the cost/risk is the more relevant question, and if they reduce the base map drop rates it will just make things worse.

There is always going to be a ceiling, a top map/location that everyone will want to do because it is the 'best'. If at the moment those are 78 maps then is the right strategy really to restrict even more their access (which is v frustrating, and most want mainly for the xp)? Why not, for example, make them inherently tougher so that you only do them when really ready, or be even more creative than that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info