Map Drops in The Awakening

"
Marxone wrote:
Can't kill the boss guys, Too bad, try next time :)
Considering doing bosses as a unnecessary risk with little to no reward? Now you will have reward.

I don't skip bosses and I approve this update & philosophy.

Yeah bullshit instead of garbage; They will drop EVEN MORE garbage is what I read and I'm an mfer I kill all bosses and the risk vs the reward IS not worth it by far. I'll see how it plays out but there's no fucking way it's going to be like HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT'S WORTH IT no no I don't see that happening.

Not with their design.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Fenral wrote:
The thing is though... wasting time and currency rolling maps isn't enjoyable. And it's not a challenge, either. Rolling good maps is just RNG. I don't want the endgame to be RNG gated.

all my friends agree
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
You should consider giving the "boss drops" to Invasion and Beyond bosses.

The beyond boss difficulty is certainly proportional. Haast has taken many lives.

Invasion is a mod that I don't think people use and a lot of those bosses are very tough in a map. Maybe the cost of 8c would have to be looked at. I still don't think anyone would buy one of her signature mod maps.
Last edited by Barivius on Jun 9, 2015, 9:26:20 AM
"
Chris wrote:
There are three goals for our changes:
  • For players to choose to play harder maps (by rolling them to have more and harder mods)
  • For players to choose to kill the map boss (rather than occasionally skipping it)
  • For players to find the highest tiers of maps challenging to complete and to sustain

While there are several mapping groups in Beta happily sustaining the highest tiers of maps, it took them a lot more effort to get there than it normally does. We want to bring this experience to more players.

This is frankly ridiculous. Running out of maps after running out of currency you wasted to try and get maps is the very worst part of this game. Now it's going to be more common?

"
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing. They can cause players to get out of their depth - playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have.

And this is just the dumbest thing a designer of the game could have said about this issue. Look at the first quote, particular the part I bolded.

So you want us to run hard content, but only hard in the way you intend? You don't want us to run maps of higher level, which are harder?

This kind of top down playstyle control has no place in this game, or even this genre.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Jun 9, 2015, 9:30:38 AM
"
Chris wrote:
While there are several mapping groups in Beta happily sustaining the highest tiers of maps, it took them a lot more effort to get there than it normally does. We want to bring this experience to more players.

If I can't experience the hardest content by my lonesome then I wont be playing anymore. Not everyone has the option to (or wants to) play in groups. Why are you going out of your way to limit how people can enjoy your game?

How about guarantee a map of at least equal level from the boss? That way people will be encouraged to boss and even solo players can progress/maintain a map pool.

Also please stop giving us 6x maps from 7x content, most people skip picking up the bad maps the dice gods see fit to drop for us. If you've designed a system where people don't want the maps you drop for them then you're doing it wrong.

Maps in general need a buff to drop rate, not a nerf. :/
Last edited by Daxidol on Jun 9, 2015, 9:38:57 AM
I play casually in the beta. I got a guy to level 80, and only have one 74 map.

It is so incredibly boring to run level 69 and 70 maps. I am considering chiseling and alching my 71/72 maps just in hopes of getting something challenging.

My challenge at the moment in Beta is to actually find a challenging map. It just seems so stupid that we can't buy a few level 76 maps from Zana for chaos. Every day she should refresh with 3-4 new maps so that I actually have something to do when I log in.

It so boring. So what now? I run my 69 and 70 maps and pray that I actually get a +2 map drop from boss. Then I run a 72 map and my probability of actually getting to maps 76+ is compounded?

LET US BUY MAPS FROM VENDORS.

Why not, in the beta, FLOOD the market with maps. Increase the drop rates by a huge amount and just see what happens: HINT... people will have fun and get to play the areas they want to.
"
Daxidol wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

If I can't experience the hardest content by my lonesome then I wont be playing anymore. Not everyone has the option to (or wants to) play in groups. Why are you going out of your way to limit how people can enjoy your game?

Completely agree

If I were asked what I thought needed a nerf when beta started map drops would be at the bottom of the list.

I have often ran 10+ maps and haven't had a single drop that was even close to the level of the maps I am doing. Why on earth does 6x maps drop is a 76+ map? Makes absolutely no sense.

On my standard character I have 57 quantity from my gear a level 8 zana and I can do every map mod bar two, Every map I do has at least 100 quantity when combined with my gear and I still find it a struggle to sustain maps
Gear quantity does not impact map drops.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
I've recently started keeping a log of the maps that are dropping. I've included the 6% from Zana.

Cells+9% - No Map Drops
Cells+43% - +67(sewers), +72(waste pool), +73(cells)
Cells+43% - +69(overgrown shrine)
Cells+54% - +68(mud geyser), +70(bog)
Cells+25% - +74(residence)
Cells+28% - +67(sewers)
Cells+38% - +73(cells)
Dark Forest+24% - +67(mountain ledge), +74(underground river)
Dark Forest+39% - +68(vaal pyramid), +72(mine)
Dark Forest+34% - +73(canyon)
Dark Forest+53% - +71(strand), +72(waste pool), +73(cells)
Dark Forest+39% - +71(arachnid), +72(torture chamber)
Dark Forest+29% - +74(underground river), +74(residence)

Total level 73 maps so far: 13
Average map level from all: 71.14
Average map level from the 13 highest level maps: 72.62

Why does this need a nerf? I can't even sustain a map pool before endgame. :/
Last edited by Daxidol on Jun 9, 2015, 10:20:18 AM
"
Gear quantity does not impact map drops.

Well that's what I get for never really questioning if it did or not, I had just assumed it did. Been wasting a 6th link on item quantity gem ;S

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info